If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • a little muffled
    So I can make linebreaks in edits now, but if I leave a blank line, even in a new post, it gets ignored. So everything still comes out wall-of-texty. I swear it didn't work this way when it was first fixed.
  • edited 2012-10-23 16:54:15
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

The original fix made paragraphs come out with really wide spaces between (which had happened in the previous Vanilla before), so I ended up having to make a fix of 'there can only be one newline unless manual
    tags are used' (which ctrl-enter should be able to insert on the fancy editor, which isn't available on the mobile site, though manually typing the tag still works) to avoid that weird display issue.  Though for what it's worth, some posts still seem to have ended up formatted correctly (which I used http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/comment/293173#Comment_293173 as a reference). Basically, Vanilla and a few mobile browsers are leading us in an endless circle of newline hell :P

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So...you know that "change your avatar without clearing your notifications" link?

I used it. And it cleared my notifications.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I put a note up about that.  My apologies for putting up that link...

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, I've seen the notification that there are new posts in some threads (Vanity, in Animu/Mango, and Noimporta in the D&D thread), but I can't see those most recent posts. This might have happened with another thread, too, I dunno.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So for some reason quote boxes won't work for me, and only me.

What's going on?

• edited 2012-11-04 01:39:47

So, I've seen the notification that there are new posts in some threads (Vanity, in Animu/Mango, and Noimporta in the D&D thread), but I can't see those most recent posts. This might have happened with another thread, too, I dunno.

Blame Vanilla's shitty handling of daylight savings time ending. 

Also Crimson, quoting worked just fine when I did [ quote ]copy/paste shiz here[ /quote ] (minus the spaces in the tags, of course)

• Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

I feel famous. Someone mentioned my name in a thread I was never in.

Hmmm...forum change suggestion. How about an alphabetical reordering of the categories? You know the ones off to the side.

• edited 2012-11-04 16:43:39
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

copy/paste shiz here

Seems to be working now. Weird.

• edited 2012-11-05 23:56:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, removing hyperlinks from YouTube URLs doesn't work anymore.

Also, apparently that above statement doesn't count as the body that's required for me to make a post.

Let's check.

I checked the other video you posted on this page, and that worked too.

I also got the Body Is Required error again.

I go into HTML mode to paste video URL's.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:24:14
    Has friends besides tanks now

Oh. Well, it's kind of annoying that I have to do that now. Though I remember that that used to be how it was.

• edited 2012-11-06 03:08:47

Just a note about the body is required bit (and yes, I'm being lazy and quoting IRC):

02:56:35 Nova | Unknown_Entity: by the way, everest's complaint about the 'body is required' appearing on some comments also happens to me
    02:56:56 @Unknown_Entity | if you edit a comment then try to post, that'll trigger that
    02:57:08 @Unknown_Entity | blame vanilla's stupidity with textarea ids
    02:57:44 Nova | may want to tell everest then
    02:58:14 @Unknown_Entity | incidentally, someone posted that on vanilla's bug tracker like...a year ago or so
    02:58:19 @Unknown_Entity | nothing ever got done about it
    02:59:01 @Unknown_Entity | so I'm probably going to try figuring it out myself sometime
    02:59:13 * | Nova nods
    02:59:50 @Unknown_Entity | https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/647
    03:00:32 @Unknown_Entity | that's the bug report which just ended up closed with no word at all
    03:01:00 Nova | :|
    03:02:02 @Unknown_Entity | the fun part is that's actually against the html web standard too
    03:02:28 @Unknown_Entity | only a single element can have a given id
    03:03:17 @Unknown_Entity | I know what I need to do to fix it, it's just finding shit in their code

Thanks!

The wonders of IRC. :P

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Hey, I've got a bug report.

Sometimes vanilla will randomly decide to insert several lines of blank space at the end of my posts. It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't find a bugs/glitches thread in the useful thread list.

I've rarely encountered that, and when it does happen it's just one line.  What browser are you using, just wondering?  And are you copy-pasting anything into the text box?  I wonder if there's hidden HTML that's somehow making its way into your post.

• a little muffled

Incredibly minor bug, but: I was going to change my avatar but I accidentally clicked delete my avatar instead. When I uploaded a new one after that it didn't appear in Activity.

(I then decided I didn't like that one and switched over to this one, which appeared normally.)

I've rarely encountered that, and when it does happen it's just one line. What browser are you using, just wondering? And are you copy-pasting anything into the text box? I wonder if there's hidden HTML that's somehow making its way into your post.

Opera, and it seems to happen with every post, regardless of my copy-pasting anything. It seems to be determined more by how many lines are in the post.

The space actually appears in the textbox and I can delete it, so when you see my posts without the space, it's cuz I remembered to do so.

• Would it be possible for your pronoun on the activity page to show up as "their"? Having "classified" give the same thing as "female" kinda ruins the point of having a classified setting, since people only see the gender in those avatar change notifications anyway.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's supposed to show up as "their." Must be a bug with the new Vanilla version.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Just fixed it, a little section of code was missing.

• a little muffled

It seems like multiple quotes in the same post don't work, or something.

Still having the trailing space problem.

• edited 2012-12-06 03:18:58

For some reason, a bunch of things on this site (header, the categories box, usernames and date stamps) turn blue occasionally. I'm not sure what triggers that, though.

looks like this:

blue header background?

I think that last one is produced by the server occasionally hiccupping and not producing the correct output.