If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

You're supposed to clean the ventilation fan every two months, at the most.

• No rainbow star

^ ...

Well then, I guess I know what to ask for my birthday! A can of compressed air!

• edited 2012-10-23 01:40:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I need to do that...huh.

Anyway...I'm thinking of a rap song that was popular in the United States (and possibly elsewhere) during the early 00's. There's a main melody in the backing instrumentals that goes like this:

Anyone know the name of this song? This has bugged me for YEARS.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's been found by Trivialis over on TVTF's Quickie Questions!

This is the song.

• No rainbow star

So, time to go to sleep so that I can be ready to deal with being the cashier at a Dollar Store from 4 pm to 9:15 pm

...Oh dear god I am suddenly joyous that the weather is going to be shitty tomorrow. It may scare away most of the customers

• edited 2012-10-23 03:52:21
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Government where public office is filled through the competition of independent political parties for the popular vote?

I dunno, many countries that fulfill that criterium are still popularly considered dictatorships or semi-dictatorships. Putin's Russia is the first that comes to mind. That's why I asked what are the criteria for a democracy.

• http://www.barrel-ro11.com

Hah, that's pretty cool. I'll see if I can watch the next one.

My laptop keeps overheating, which means I keep getting kicked out of the jukebox. :/

Try changing your energy settings to limit your processor. That worked for me.

/has never cleaned his laptop.

• Oh yeah I got a medical appointment at the skin center tomorrow. They're going to look at my warts.

Wish me luck (that it's bad enough to operate)!
  • edited 2012-10-23 07:35:16
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

>bullshit entire essay at last minute on a book I read a month and a half ago

>do not do a second draft or any editing

>hand it in

>get an A

>have it be described as highly articulate, fluent, and sophisticated by the teacher

>what the actual fuck

^ Sounds fun.  Good luck?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Use big words, Forzare. Then your teacher has to give you full marks, or sit there with a dictionary pouring over it for the next four hours.

I suspect the teacher didn't read the whole essay but just skimmed it.

Then again, I handed in a two-page paper that I took two weeks to write, and got it back two hours later with detailed corrections, a grade, and a deduction for being late.

• edited 2012-10-23 09:45:17
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So.

I have decided to start writing a novel.

Don't laugh. I have no delusions about how good it's going to be, or more accurately how good it's going to not be.  But the thing is, I, for once, have an entire story instead of just a vague premise, and I want to tell it. I don't care if I tell it horribly, and I don't care if I tell it to no one but myself and a few close friends. I just want to tell it.

So what I'm saying is, I know none of you really consider yourselves my friends or anything (or at least not as far as I know), but I'm going to link it here when I finish the first installment (I'm going to publish it on a blog. Why? Infinite paper, that's why), and was wondering if anyone'd read it. You don't have to give me criticism if you don't want to (though you can), I was just wondering if anyone was interested.

I'm not going to mention it again until it's up. Just asking.

Also should cross-post this to Heapers' Hangout, yeah. 

I'm also not sure if it's actually going to be novel-length or not? Maybe more like novella. I'm not sure. 

RE: Big Pimpin': Fun fact, Jay-Z hates that song now.

Also, the chopped 'n screwed version is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original, imo. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

@Stormtroper

This is not in the page or the wiki, but for Christmas Germanbro will stream the Weeabowl, a minicup featuring /a/, /jp/, /m/, /d/, /c/, /cm/, /cgl/ and /u/. It seems like it'll be fun

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So what I'm saying is, I know none of you really consider yourselves my friends or anything (or at least not as far as I know), but I'm going to link it here when I finish the first installment (I'm going to publish it on a blog. Why? Infinite paper, that's why), and was wondering if anyone'd read it. You don't have to give me criticism if you don't want to (though you can), I was just wondering if anyone was interested.

This would probably have done better in the writing thread, so you know; anyone who would be actually interested in reading it would check there.

I would read it if you want, but when the author of a piece is not practiced and skilled, I tend to write a lot of criticism. I try to be constructive, but...

• Definitely not gay.

Hey guys, I have a question.

Is it O.K to have spoiler-ish avatars, provided that no context is provided?

• Champion of the Whales

I dunno, many countries that fulfill that criterium are still popularly considered dictatorships or semi-dictatorships. Putin's Russia is the first that comes to mind. That's why I asked what are the criteria for a democracy.

A democracy imo is where they are free and fair contested elections and no side has an inherent advantage

Not if the spoiler is like, a dead character or something.

• Definitely not gay.

It isn't.

It's kinda like this:

• big reveal happens, like Character X secretly revealed to be Character Y or something

• avatar is from scene where big reveal happens (I.E Character Y is in Character X's getup or whatever)

• HOWEVER, taken out of context fans of series will not necessarily be spoiled (the entire thing might as well have been from a dream sequence) and non-fans will have no idea what it is

• edited 2012-10-23 10:30:28
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

This would probably have done better in the writing thread, so you know; anyone who would be actually interested in reading it would check there.

I actually didn't know that even existed until I saw it just now.

Whoops.

As for criticism you can criticize all you want, but I do want you to be aware that if you do, I am not necessarily going to act on it. I don't want you wasting your time, is all. I'm only writing this because I basically feel like I need to*, I'm not submitting it to anyone for anything, and it's strictly a personal hobby. So if you have better things to do with your time (and you probably do), don't worry about it.

*I have had this idea, with little alteration except to fairly minor details, for about a year now. I've tried so, so many things for it, and a standard prose story is literally the only one I can do at all.  

There's a reason one of my avatars in my avatar gallery gets very little usage.  Eureka Seven spoilers:

Spoiler:
    It depicts Dominic and Anemone together.

It is good practice for me, at least.

And critiquing the early parts of your story may very well help you when you're writing the later parts.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well, OK.

Just be very clear, and use small words. Because I often find that my biggest problem with being criticized is that I rarely understand what's meant. >_> 

• Definitely not gay.

I better be more specific.

The avatar this is from is from a show I watch. Said show just had a BIIIIIIG plot reveal, and the avatar has a big part in the reveal.

However, the show is also renowned for being trippy as fuck. It might as well been from a magic spell (magic is really vaguely-defined in the setting) or a psychic attack from a giant worm or something.

Just be very clear, and use small words. Because I often find that my biggest problem with being criticized is that I rarely understand what's meant. >_> 

Look, I'll just PM you one of my more recent critiques of a short work someone I know did. Judge for yourself whether you'd understand it.

Eelektross: Whatever man. Just do it, nobody'll give a shit so long as it's not like, headless Mami.

I apologize, I feel like I've kind of ticked you off. :x

I'm sorry, I just kinda get weird when discussing my "work".

You haven't ticked me off, it is just twenty to two; my temper gets frayed when I stay up past midnight in general, and I get short with people, or else kind of loopy.

Ah that's right different timezones. They exist.

I just got off of nightshift myself.

Trying to write while my shoulders hurt, yaaaaay. 

• Definitely not gay.

Alright, there we go.

...you know, even in context this still isn't as scary as my care bears girl avatar

Well I guess I finally got that spoiler confirmed.  Though it's still not really a spoiler since I don't know what it means.

• Definitely not gay.

Though it's still not really a spoiler since I don't know what it means.

I was hoping you'd say that.