If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

You guys should make the site look like that all day during April Fools

• edited 2012-12-06 12:08:18

And it's happening in this thread too:

more blue

Blue names and date stamps. Also, it seems to make the area around my posts blue.

Anyway, why does the site even have this alternate blue data set?

• a little muffled

Anyway, why does the site even have this alternate blue data set?
    I think it's the default skin for Vanilla.

• edited 2012-12-06 15:18:04
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

It is indeed the default skin for Vanilla; that's loaded before the normal theme, so if the normal one never makes it, it has that for fallback instead of really-bad-looking.  Maybe try clearing your cache to see if that corrects it.

It seems like multiple quotes in the same post don't work, or something.

They do work, it just doesn't like the quote tag wrapped in tags in the html editor.  This fancy editor does a lot of doing whatever it pleases, so it doesn't hurt to doublecheck oddities in the html button.

Still having the trailing space problem.

I actually seem to only get this when editing, but not when writing up a post.  Probably another case of the editor having a mind of it's own

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm assuming it's the editor's fault that URLs and Youtube video auto-embeds aren't parsed if they aren't at the beginning of the post?

Just as an open question: What about getting rid of the fancy editor and just going by the BBCode markup that we currently have?  Will that solve issues?  What new issues will it introduce?

• edited 2012-12-06 21:42:36

Getting rid of this editor and using the standard one would most likely solve problems.  I could just try implementing a little formatting toolbar of my own in place of it based on the one this plugin has for inserting formatting bbcodes.  But yeah, the editor's invisibly placing html tags (or rather, invisible unless you poke the html button) into posts is what's causing vanilla's formatting to be wonky and I can't find where it's doing it in the javascript code it uses.

• a little muffled

@Unknown_Entity:

They do work, it just doesn't like the quote tag wrapped in tags in the html editor.  This fancy editor does a lot of doing whatever it pleases, so it doesn't hurt to doublecheck oddities in the html button.
    I did check the HTML, but somehow I missed that.

Why does it even put those span tags there anyway?

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

No idea.  It didn't for me when I typed in the quote tags manually, so maybe it was some weird copy/paste thing?  There's not really a point to it wrapping everything ever in spans unless the formatting is being altered for some text anyway.

These editors always have weird trouble with copy-paste issues.

• You can change. You can.

I haven't been able to post on Noimporta's TV thread for some reason. 

What happens when you try?

• You can change. You can.

Error.

• edited 2012-12-13 00:34:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Could you please drop a link to the thread here?

Are you talking "The Meatpuppet Theater Thread"?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, he is.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Mark all viewed now requires confirmation.

• For some reason, the activity page has tried to redirect me to itjustbugsme.com/forums/forums a few times. I think that only happens when I try to comment there before the page loads completely.

The page is a bit slow to load, slower than the old server, at least.  Not sure if that can be helped.  It's not slow enough for me to comment on it before it loads, though...

• edited 2013-01-06 18:50:57

The activity table is getting kinda up there in size with over 720k entries and being 112 108 megs in size, so that might have something to do with it, though I can see if maybe something else is doing it too.

EDIT: Just optimized the activity table, that may help a tad bit

• edited 2013-01-06 21:13:51

^^ It loaded slowly for me because I was on a really slow internet connection, and I wanted to comment while it was still loading. But the redirecting was weird/ especially since itjustbugsme.com/forums/forums doesn't really exist. Seems to have stopped now, though.

• Okay, something bizarre going on: I looked at dronepeanut's profile page, and I see "dronepeanut sent you a message", but the link is to a PM conversation I'm not part of.  And looking at profile pages in general sometimes shows "X commented on your bookmarked discussion", even though the notices sometimes refer to threads I don't think I have ever posted in. The hell?

• a little muffled
    Yup, that happens.
  • edited 2013-01-16 12:34:27

But why, though? And can I stop this from happening again? Especially the weird PM notices.

• a little muffled
    Because Vanilla is insane and not that I know of.
  • Looking at lrdgck's profile, I see that "images you know you'll never use" gets described as both "your bookmarked discussion" and "inkblot's discussion".

?_?

• a little muffled
    Yup, that happens too.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Sometimes you'll see 'X person sent you a message' too.

• More a question than a suggestion, but...if something's about software, but not about the internet per se, is it okay to shove it in "Webspace"?

• a little muffled

A tech category might not be a bad idea; we get a reasonable amount of topics on that and there isn't really a good place for them now.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Hang on, I'll add it. Doubt the other mods will object.