If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

The "missing" posts actually do seem to be there in the threads, only earlier than they should be.

• You can change. You can.

Puhretty much, yeh

in other news, unknown entity really should consider the possibility of banning footballs from IJBM ever again.

Also, I just want to say that this woulda been a far better April Fool's Joke, not gonna lie

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Whatever, this is epic. And I'm having lots o' fun shitting up the Updates thread.

• Sounds like I missed something.

Man, this should go in the drama chronicles thread.

Right away.

Question. Why exactly did people need to post before seeing newer posts? What did you see before/after posting?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Why exactly did people need to post before seeing newer posts? What did you see before/after posting?

When you posted, it would list all the new posts in their correct order until you closed the tab/reloaded.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

When somebody is logged out, there's no way to access the Activity page. I'm assuming that you're unable to log in if you're banned, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to see if there were some way to allow banned posters to view why they've been banned, or at the very least that they have been banned at all and it's not a system glitch.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

We almost always send a PM in advance or something.

• Think this through, INUH...how would somepony who's banned read the PM?
  • edited 2012-04-19 15:57:30
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

We send the PM some time before we do the actual ban.

There are exceptions, like for spambots, or if whatever they were doing was so blatantly bad that we had to post in the thread so they can see it there, or sometimes if we unban someone and they immediately do the thing they were banned for.

• Has friends besides tanks now

He said, "in advance", CA. :P

• ^ Just because you send it in advance doesn't mean they'll have read it by then, though.

Going back to the original question, though, is there any reason not to make the Activity page viewable while you're logged out?

No, there isn't.

Assuming Vanilla will allow it, at least. Lemme check.

Right, bannees and guests can now both view Activity. Shouldn't be a big deal.

• Yay!

*gives INUH candy cane*

• Can neutral gender be in the account settings?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

An option of "neutral/decline to state" would be nice.  I think it would entail changing all the code that picks pronouns to contain a third option.

• I recommend singular "they" for the pronoun, if you go through with it.

I was going to go with 'ey/'eir/'em.

Not particularly known, glenn. In comparison to "They", that is.

• edited 2012-04-26 11:06:17
    Singular "they" has been in use for centuries. Anyone who claims it's wrong has no idea how languages work.
  • Kichigai birthday!!

They do, they just have no idea how English works

No, I mean languages in general. I was referring to the fact that they change over time according to how they're used.

psst, inuh, joke

sure, not funny

but still

joke

Oh >.>

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'd just like to ask if we could like, have animated GIF avatars or something.

• So, um, is a gender-neutral setting possible or not?

It would require coding, so you'd have to bug UE as well.

Dammit, get in line :|

• Hey, I mentioned that before you.

Actually, I asked about this when I first came here. Didn't really get an answer back then.

I'd personally rather not have animated avatars; I find the rather distracting.

• edited 2012-04-26 20:43:23

^Same.

I wouldn't actively try to oppose the idea of making it possible, but I'd adblock them if people used them.