If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• Agreeing with the agreement.
  • edited 2011-07-01 16:13:49
    Loser
    I agree with Vivi too. I think those both sound like good ideas. I agree that having liveblogs be in a separate section would probably work the best, so they can get the attention they deserve and so they people making liveblogs do not have to deal with the current forum set up which is not necessarily conducive to them.

Does anyone have some ideas of what the homepage should be like if we do end up having one?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Secondly, a full section devoted to liveblogging, and NOT in the same
    format as the forum second. I think what would be best would be a
    section made for liveblogs,
    where you can follow them, get notifications when the liveblog is
    updated, make comments, that kind of thing. Uploading video would be
    nice too, for obvious reasons.
    The thing with this idea: This would basically mean that we'd need a whole nother website about this stuff.  Unless you're talking about putting it in a forum thread and then putting that thread on your watchlist and then enabling e-mail notifications.

Seems you're basically asking this forum be expanded to a full community website of which only part is the forum.  This isn't so much a technical issue as it is "how do we do things around here?" issue, so calling UE right off the bat isn't exactly the right course of action.

First, you should probably think about what you want this site to be.  I'm personally fine with it continuing to be "a blank vanilla forum with a name" (I don't know how Vivi thinks we're "blank", but whatevs), but if you want it to be more than this, then you need to decide what you want it to be.
  • $80+ per session
    By blank, I meant white. Not that white is bad.

And I am telling you what I want it to be. I want this forum to only be part of it, and I am suggesting a section for liveblogging that is not part of the forum.
  • You can change. You can.
    Nah, that's just impossible. I'm fine with just a liveblog category. Although I know that many people will oppose so...eh.
  • edited 2011-07-01 16:40:39
    $80+ per session
    Why is that impossible? You agreed with my suggestion to have a liveblog section, Juan.
    Yeah, but I decided to retract it. A) because making a whole section for them is overkill and B) because I don't think everyone here would be able to liveblog, let alone finish them.

It's an opinion, though and if you make it work and people agree, I won't oppose it. But I won't be with ya.

Best of luck, tho'
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think we should have a liveblogging section/category/whatever, because it's a fun thing to have, but I don't think we should become a livebogging-focused site.
    I agree with the idea of a category, but I disagree with the idea of a whole section. Mostly because of the effort it would entail.

I also agree with this site not becoming liveblog focused.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I think we should have a liveblogging section/category/whatever, because it's a fun thing to have, but I don't think we should become a livebogging-focused site.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "I think we should have a liveblogging section/category/whatever, because it's a fun thing to have, but I don't think we should become a livebogging-focused site"
  • $80+ per session
    "I think we should have a liveblogging section/category/whatever,
    because it's a fun thing to have, but I don't think we should become a
    livebogging-focused site"
    Geez, guys, we get it, you agree with Forzare. No need to find new ways of quoting people. :P
  • Geez, guys, we get it, you agree with Forzare. No need to find new ways of quoting people. :P
  • No on liveblogging.

Or at least, no on it being the point of the site.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    When I told a couple of people about this place and wanted to join, they said they didn't want to join because it looked boring and they didn't know where to start.
    Tell them to join in order to complain about anything that's on their mind.
    I will.
    @Vivi: I got an idea.

Make your liveblog thread now.  Put it in Media or General category or wherever it's appropriate.

If other people like the idea and follow suit with more liveblogs, and it becomes a notable phenomenon, then we can easily move them to a new category.
  • $80+ per session
    Deal. I'll make the thread tomorrow.
  • $80+ per session
    Just give me a chance to finalize some ideas. I still have to decide what I will liveblog for sure.
    Also, http:// has been removed from the image-embedding and hyperlink potholing functions of the comment editor.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I just realized that the phone-friendly version of the site doesn't let you start threads D:
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Phone-friendly, or iPhone-friendly? I can start threads from my iPhone just fine, but others might be different for all I know.
    iPhone. How are you starting threads?
    lol i dont use an iphone
    Figured it out. I thought that button was for PMs...

[embarrassed emoticon goes here]