If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    ^ I can get behind that. It's actually getting annoying to see Myrmidon complain about X troper he doesn't like. And as of late, dissing each other is certainly not taking us anywhere we want to go (At least, on our side of the whole thing)

• It only becomes so if posters start to be constantly reduced to their annoying quirks and habits, because the others get fed up with them never learning when pointed to their flaws in behaviour. This shouldn't be necessary in the first place: threadshitters, personal attackers, people who consistently make the thread about them or refuse to fix their spelling are all violating the rules, so it's wiser to chime in a mod in such scenario if you feel too tired to mock creatively and light-heartedly.
    ^ I was referring to the dissing between TvT and us. I don't mind posters' bad habits being brought to the forefront as long as they're criticized in a constructive fashion.

• Your notion can be applied to a local scale too: we've reached the point where it's evident that some problem posters are never going to learn, so people don't take the effort to be constructive any manner and just tiresomely hammer on the same points, and often not even in a funny manner. Disruptive behaviour should be met with calling the mods and stone-cold ignoring the problem posters, in my opinion.

But meh, moderation has tightened up anyway so this is a moot point.
     Disruptive behaviour should be met with calling the mods and stone-cold ignoring the problem posters, in my opinion.

This is something that everyone should learn. Including me, actually.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I agree. Too bad it won't work for newbs. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If you delete a conversation you started, and the other party(s) reply to it, it notifies you of a new message but you don't see who it's from, what it says, or anything in the message. It just has the [1] notification float there forever, or [2] or [4] or whatever dead conversation replies you have.

Deleting conversations only deletes them on your end and prevents you from seeing the replies.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I knew of the second problem from my own testing...but that first one is probably an even bigger issue.  Thanks for reporting; I'll let UE know.
  • So, can we get edit timestamps back?
    Is there a specific reason why you're asking for this?  I think it's been on UE's queue of stuff to work on for a while.
  • Well, there's no specific incident I'd like to point to, if that's what you're asking, but in general, having timestamps:
    • Removes the ambiguity regarding what is a mod edit and what is a joke/trolling.
    • Prevents orwellian editing.
    • Generally contributes to the clarity of conversation.
    So I'd say there's few reasons not to have them, assuming they're not hard to implement.
    Oh, I don't object to them at all; I want them too.  I'll make a mention of this to UE later today.
    Is there any way to make them less conspicuous and not extend the size of your post though if you edit? Having the post bloat out to 3 lines long when your sentence is only 1 line long tends to be messy and cluttered. Also can they be black? the red seemed to intense for it and brought too much attention to the edit.

So its like "edit:[person here] time, day-month-year" or whatever rather than a sentence?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^ That sounds good.

Another, completely separate idea: could we enable format (italics, bold, etc) in messaging? 
  • edited 2011-06-23 21:54:40
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Test Orwell
  • edited 2011-06-23 21:55:13
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Test Orwell

edit: forgot I wasn't in the sandbox my bad
  • edited 2011-06-23 21:55:28
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Hah, now you'll never know what I said before and when I said it!
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    *swings in on a network cable, enables last edited after changing it to show up in 8 point black italics, swings back out*
    Thank you, Unknown_Entity!
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
  • edited 2011-06-23 22:02:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    NO WAIT I DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH THAT TOTALLY WASN'T ENGLISH
  • edited 2011-06-23 22:02:09
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ¡Muchas gracias! 

^ DEAL WITH IT
  • edited 2011-06-30 20:07:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I want to ask UE to take out the automatically-inserted http:// that comes up every time we click the insert picture or insert hyperlink button.  This ought to be a relatively easy fix.

Anyone else like this idea?
  • Yeah, I don't see any reason not to get rid of it.
    I HATE IT.

-vetos-

I kid you, go right ahead.
  • $80+ per session
    Putting this here, officially.

I propose, firstly, a homepage, saying what we are. We are just a blank vanilla forum with a name. It's weird.

Secondly, a full section devoted to liveblogging, and NOT in the same format as the forum second. I think what would be best would be a section made for liveblogs,
    where you can follow them, get notifications when the liveblog is
    updated, make comments, that kind of thing. Uploading video would be
    nice too, for obvious reasons.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Seconding Vivi's suggestions.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Thirding like a boss.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Fourthing.
  • edited 2011-07-01 17:26:34
    You can change. You can.
    Agreed and fifthing. 

Now get unknown entity here. :P

On second thought, I retract my agreement.