If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• Wait, I thought Longfellow made this place.
  • Maybe? I thought it was GMH's idea though.

Whatever, you get the point.
  • You can change. You can.
    GMH and Longfellow are both admins, IIRC
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I suggested the idea first I believe.  I also suggested using vanilla forums the site.

However, Longfellow actually signed up the dang board in the first place.
  • edited 2011-06-05 18:00:00
    Loser
    Gelzo,

I am a bit confused. I never said that my opinion did not count, just that I would rather not implement something here if it faces strong opposition (i.e. my opinion does not count more than other people's opinions). That is why I took back my suggestion and think that having that rule might not be such a good idea after all.
  • I think his point is that you don't have to withdraw your suggestion just because other people disagree.
  • I guess that sums it up, yeah.
    I can't believe you people got Dantes's thread locked.

I wanted to respond to it too...
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    no glenn

down that road lies madness
  • GMH, you have a bad habit of trying too hard to reason with idiocy.
  • edited 2011-06-05 22:10:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, I mainly wanted to say this:

In America, the common denominator is perhaps quite a bit lower than countries with more coherent historical cultures.  However, should you prefer any another culture's media and lore, it also provides you the opportunity to indulge in that.

In a sense, it's like the mime class from FFV/FFVI.  Its stats kinda suck, and it can only equip knives and light armor, but it can make use of any abilities you choose.

Including--and here's a key point--combining them.

Only on FFV's mime class can you doublecast a summon.

Only in America can you find the creation of such gems as Scurge: Hive and Monster Tale.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    He'd probably just have responded with something about America sucking Batman's cock anyway.
  • You can post that in the Creativity thread. The discussion seems to be picking up there.
  • edited 2011-06-06 12:24:21
    ^^^ Actually, in FFV Mimes (and Bares) have the highest stats of whatever jobs you've mastered, thus can easily have very high stats. Red Mages and Summoners and Bares can doublecast too, if they have both !Red and !Summon, but only Mimes can quintuplecast (with !Time).

Therefore, the U.S. is extraordinarily creative.
    Oh, I forgot about that.

But my point still applies to Gogo from FFVI, often criticized for having crappy stats.
  • I know I've probably said this before, but the MOFW thread totally shows up twice for me... >.>

This is most likely not supposed to happen.
    Looks fine to me right now.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    That just means twice the win, then. 
  • edited 2011-06-08 20:26:28
    ^^ Yeah, I know.  I suspect that very few others will have this problem, as (I'm guessing) it is the result of having dismissed the thread back when that was still an option.  Ever since that was removed, I've had two of the thread.  One is stickied as intended, the other moves around like a normal thread.  I don't really expect anything to be done about this, and it's not a huge problem anyway, but I figured I'd post about it here since I don't think I ever mentioned it in this thread, and this is the bug thread.
  • Perhaps a mod could momentarily un-sticky and re-sticky it and see if it helps?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'll do that.
    Any change?
  • Nope.  There's still two of them.
    Huh. Weird. Don't suppose you happened to see it while it was unannounced?
  • While it was unannounced there was only one, and it was, of course, the non-sticky one.  Which of course is how it should be.  But then when you stickied it again there were again two of them.
    Huh.

Well, the only fix seems to be unannouncing it and making a new one, if it really bothers you that much.
  • No, like I said, it doesn't really bother me at all.  It's just a little weird seeing the thread twice sometimes.

I just felt like posting about it because why not?

If I really decide it bothers me, I'll just write a script to hide the second one, or something.
    Oh, okay, then.
  • You can change. You can.
    Um, with recent events, like the whole PTSNDT or whatever debacle and the thread on TvT about OTC that ended up being an IJBM slander box, I'm beginning to wonder if having troper related themes is really for the best and if we shouldn't ban the subject...

I thought this was worth putting out there.
  • But that goes against our First Amendement rights!

In all fairness, I thought specific poster threads were banned already(see the certain poster in a certain RP thread), yet at least one other specific-poster-thread has been made since then. It's impossible to make a rule about this that's not ambiguous, but how about the idea that you can't single out people on a forum? That way, facepalms at silly threads or stupid attitudes can still be made, and complaints about crank bloggers etcetera are still valid, while preventing the endless repetitive threads about posters on TVT.