If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

Comments

• edited 2018-01-31 06:06:10
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Aww.

It's probably among my favorite fripside songs that I've heard, alongside Level 5 -judgement-, late in autumn, and Heaven is a Place on Earth.

Which ones are your favorites?
  • edited 2018-01-31 11:38:07
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'll keep it to a top ten:
    1. eternal reality (lead single)
    2. true resonance (infinite synthesis 2)
    3. precious time (VN OP)
    4. pico scope -SACLA- (black bullet B-side)
    5. join forces (VN OP)
    6. i'm believing you (sister's noise B-side)
    7. Decade (Decade)
    8. grievous distance (Decade)
    9. fermatta~Akkord:fortissimo~ (infinite synthesis 2)
    10. fortuna on the Sixteenth night (VN OP)
  • edited 2018-01-31 18:57:14
    It's rather interesting how we share tastes for the same "topics", but within those "topics" our tastes differ wildly.

Also I haven't listened to most of those yet but I did some of them and I don't remember finding them remarkable. Or maybe it's because I listened to them in a row which makes fripSide less enjoyable.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    in the department of videos naas has probably already seen before

• I actually have not seen that before.

Also, I discovered Ogata's metal cover of the first Sailor Moon theme song. It is edgy for the subject matter, as expected.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Favorite New Songs from January:
    • ChouCho - searchlight
    • ChouCho - Aria
    • Tsujimura Yuki - Actions Over Words
    • Tsujimura Yuki - Light feat. Muramatsu Takasugu
    • TRUE - Sincerely
    • Da-iCE - TOKYO MERRY GO ROUND
    • TRUE and Chihara Minori - Futarigoto
    • Shuta Sueyoshi - Yume
    @fourteenwings - correction: i have heard two choucho songs, not one. Andante wasn't the one i remembered though; the one I did remember was Yasahisa no Riyuu.

• For some reason she screams "I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY" during this.
  • edited 2018-02-13 05:43:44
    Utada is doing the KHIII OP.

I am so excited even though I still feel she's become Pretentious Jazz-Pop Person.

Yeah so it's a song, I guess.
    I wonder why MAG!C☆PRINCE chose Valentine's Day to release a single called Best My Friend.
  • edited 2018-02-14 15:56:18
    Stepping away from Japanese boybands, I'd like to discuss German-American boybands. Today, I discovered New District, who have already driven an overly hipster Vice journalist mad. I think their music is like... the type of thing I should not start listening to because then I'll never stop.

I will never forget the time I spent a whole day listening to Varsity Fanclub's Future Love. It was forever ago, but it still happened. I avoided One Direction, mostly, but I have a feeling New District will be harder to ignore.

Overall, this is the best article on Just Jared Jr. ever;
    "Felix was our brother and everything, but unfortunately, he had some issues with his visa because he’s from Germany.

[...]

When we asked if he was still in the band, they said that he was a member of New District "in spirit,"

future love future love future love future love~
    This song is like Girls Wanna Have Fun if I liked Girls Wanna Have Fun (and was also a song from a Japanese fashion game).
    @GMH Uchida Maaya's new single was composed by Rasmus Faber and I think you like him?

OH GOSH I KNOW WHERE I'VE HEARD THESE CHORDS BEFORE

HERE

Hey @fourteenwings what is the recent show that Rasmus Faber wrote the soundtrack for?
    It was Gakuen Toshi Asterisk. You've already watched it?

He's kind of been on the Walküre project (from Macross Delta) since that started so I don't think he's going to be doing anything else anytime soon.
    Two piano pieces by Claude Debussy, orchestrated.

L'isle joyeuse - orchestrated by Bernardino Molinari, allegedly "according to Debussy's indications"

La cathedral engloutie - orchestrated by Leopold Stokowski

[01:28:45] just found out that Shiro Sagisu wrote the soundtrack to Black Bullet
    [01:29:20] i was mightily impressed by his Neon Genesis Evangelion score but i haven't listened to anything else he's written until now
    [01:29:33] *i haven't watched anything that he's written the soundtrack to
    I don't know what's worse, that I never noticed NGE had a soundtrack or that the guy who did said soundtrack had to move on with his life and this involved doing the Black Bullet soundtrack.
    It's pretty impressive, even though it sounds quite a bit different. Though I still hear a few of the same musical elements.
  • edited 2018-02-21 15:30:29
    >Search Google for SCANDAL SHOW
    >Seriosuly 14w you should know better
    >Somehow actually still expected results about an album a J-Rock girl group released in 2012
    >My Ota bubble is strooooooooooong

While I'm on the subject; girl groups, please come back. The idols are beating you in every way. Like, when you start looking forward to E-girls releases you know there aren't any girl groups right now.

• This random VN theme is like, comically nationalistic.

• This seems to be a French hip hop song about Celtic mythology.
  • edited 2018-03-02 21:24:02
    ^ The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

----

• ^ The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Well, the song title is La tribu de Dana and you can probably find other uploads.

This is like, there were no specific demands to fill besides being a Symphogear song.
  • edited 2018-03-03 10:43:45
    Ooh, this analysis is quite interesting.

I've never actually listened much to either version, as I never watched the show.
  • edited 2018-03-04 20:50:50
    @Bluesy_Cowgirl https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/12306

Don't let the Newgrounds link fool you; this is awesome.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    not bad, I guess, but like so much modern metal they just HAD to Loudness War it into compression hell
    Today I learned two very important things about Japanese music:

The founder of Tower Records, one of the biggest stores in modern physical CD sales, has died. I didn't really know much about him, but Tower Records is a giant fixture in subculture-based acts and anison.

Lots of promotions are held there, and a whole bunch of bands debut exclusive indie singles in it's stores. Last year alone, Hatano Wataru worked at a bunch of Tower Records stores as part of the promotion for his single Heart Signal, and anti-idol group BiSH released an exclusive no-nonsense edition of their latest surprise album there at less than 10% of the standard album price.

The second thing is that Tamaki Nami's Give Me Up is apparently a cover of an Italo disco song, also called Give Me Up. It's apparently one of those songs Japanese artists can't stop covering. Or at least couldn't stop covering, before 2010.