If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

Comments

• edited 2017-07-30 20:47:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I mean, if someone has the radio on or something, then sure, I'll de facto listen to a whole bunch of songs, but I usually don't put music on like that.

As for ClariS's Naisho no Hanashi, which you pointed me to the other day, I am
    (1) surprised that it's not filled with IV V iii vi progressions given the other two songs i've heard from them
    (2) ...i guess this song is okay? sorta like generic fun happy anisong. vaguely pleasant to listen to but not something i'd write home about.

Sorry, I'm not really sure what it is about the song (the peppy style? the swung rhythm? the cutesy vocal accents? the rock instrumentation? the relatively constant thickness of the sound?) but whatever it/they is/are, it just doesn't really inspire much interest on my part.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Naisho no Hanashi has always been one of my favorite ClariS songs because it always felt much... cheekier than their normal stuff. It's honest, I'd like to think.

I mean, I really love the 'two person chorus' stuff they do normally, but yeah.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    two person chorus stuff?
    Well, ClariS as a unit sort of take on a chorus style vocal performance but with just two people.
  • edited 2017-08-05 15:08:47
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I don't like the amount of turnover I do with music sometimes. I just put on LiSA's Launcher for the first time in forever. This is possibly one of my top ten albums of all time yet I listen to it so infrequently.
    I am pretty damn sure I should kid no one and just count fortissimo the ultimate crisis as one of my all-time favorite songs already.
    It turns out Nanjo Yoshino's pitch has changed in fripSide songs. The kind of expected "vaguely chipmunk cutesy" now sounds like... well... a person actually singing.

I think this is why I don't like new fripSide music as much.
    It turns out Nanjo Yoshino's pitch has changed in fripSide songs. The kind of expected "vaguely chipmunk cutesy" now sounds like... well... a person actually singing.

I think this is why I don't like new fripSide music as much.
    Wait, wouldn't this make the singing better?
  • edited 2017-08-12 17:14:59
    Who listens to anime music for good singing?

I mean, I like Kakihara Tetsuya's music and Sato Takuya and the two of them could barely make up one vaguely competent singer.
    So I'm driving along with this co-worker and obviously we're listening to music. I thought I'd set the 'Genre' filter to 'Folk' so like I'm not 100% embarrassed by my music.

We drive for like 30m, and then Bella Thorne's Paperweight comes on and I'm like... obviously I can't take my hands off the wheel to freak out and also I can't immediately change it since he's heard it and I was thinking really hard whilst not trying to drive off the road.

Then he just says "That car sort of looks like a paperweight" (it was a Toyota [Something very square]) and whenever we saw one of them he'd kind of insist I put on Paperweight again (it was like a 3 hour drive).

It was actually kind of fun?

I really didn't expect it since he's like a proper sports type guy.

and yes we did totally embarrass ourselves singing along to it
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Spongebob UTAU of one of my favorite songs

• edited 2017-08-27 16:14:37
    I hate to admit this, but lately I've been using foobar way more than MediaGo when I listen to music on my computer. It's just so much easier to start up and pick out whatever songs I want to listen to (it is not allergic to File Explorer's plugin).

Plus, this way I can run Firefox and a music program at the same time and not worry about random moments of insane lag.

Though unlike GMH my foobar doesn't have album art and I've been trying to fix that for a few days now.
    Plus, this way I can run Firefox and music program at the same time and not worry about random moments of insane lag.
    This is why I prefer having one dedicated program for each little thing, rather than doing everything inefficiently in my browser.
  • edited 2017-08-28 16:26:01
    [fourteenwings] Okay to completely 180 I think Ryan McCartan took The Girl And The Dreamcatcher breakup really hard (I mean, Dove Cameron is Dove Cameron so of course she's in work 100% of the time)
    [fourteenwings] Anyways he totally wrote a song called "Don't Shoot" and like... it's a love song and like um
    [fourteenwings] This is the most hilarious serious song I have ever watched that is *not* about Black Lives Matter and the chorus was the worst idea
    [fourteenwings] Basically the only reason SJWs haven't twitter murdered him yet is because... he's not famous enough
    [fourteenwings] "I wrote this in hopes that regardless of race, gender, orientation or creed, we can all come together to have important conversations about important things" also he's #woke now
  • edited 2017-08-31 05:09:13
    Three entire J-pop units in the last few months have done the whole "splash ourselves with day-glo paint" thing; Da-iCE were first (for Tonikaku HEY), callme was next (for one time), and now WEBER are doing it for Taisetsu na Hito, Taisetsu datta Hito..
  • edited 2017-09-01 12:48:26

Somehow this makes me appreciate hearing "normal" Minase and not "haha, time for GENOCIDE".
    that song sounds nice but a bit meh? I'm getting satisfying B-flat major vibes but they're like, not quite fully satisfying for some reason.
  • Eh, I just picked this one for having bits with clear solo vocals. Their other songs I've heard don't have that as much so it's harder to pick out individual voices since I'm not familiar with most of them.
    I think WORLD'S END is the best song by them that I've heard so far, but yeah they're usually really in harmony.
    EXILE'S TAKAHIRO is getting married. I like how even though EXILE is genuinely less controlling and cult-ey than an idol group like AKB48, he still has to refer to himself as "EXILE TAKAHIRO" in the press release, as if EXILE is now his official last name or something.

I wonder if they held off on this announcement because they wanted his solo single to do well and like it tanked really badly (which is surprising for a member of EXILE, really).

Also, as per standard, they apparently started "dating with marriage in mind.", which I always find amusing because it's in 100% of these marriage statements.
    It occurred to me that Utada Hikaru's Tomodachi and Coldplay's Ink have the same (or similar) four-beat drums, though they are utilized very differently.

Also because I can't resist posting terrible songs by Disney starlets, Vanessa Hudgen's album Identified was really, really bad.
    Who wrote Nana Mizuki's "Hoshikuzu Symphony" and who wrote "Kindan no Resistance"? I noticed at least one melodic motif that is shared between them.
    Hoshizuku Symphony was written by Saito Shinya (who has written many a song, but I associate him mostly with Tamaki Nami's Sanctuary) and apparently Kindan no Resistance was written by Kato Yusuke and not somebody from Elements Garden which is really surprising.
    How do you find out exactly who wrote which song?
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Well, going by Wikipedia, Shihori did Hoshikuzu Symphony: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockbound_Neighbors

Though I'm not actually sure where the line is drawn between "composition" and "arrangement" for pop songs.
  • It says the same on other sites I found (i.e. generasia)
    Idol group BiS manager Junnosuke Watanabe has announced that BiS leader Pour Lui has been suspended from the group over repeated failures to meet a target weight of 42 kilograms.

I honestly thought idol weightshaming had died with misono.
    Apparently Fiima once covered the X Ambassador's Renegades. That's also the only X Ambassadors song I know so it was kind of exciting.

It is really not the same at all (even what I could make out of the Japanese doesn't seem to be particularly similar and like, they replace references to Stanley Kubrick with The Limited*) but it's great.

*yes I think they mean the fashion chain store
  • edited 2017-09-21 16:23:57
    I rarely am ever GENUINELY LONG TERM FREAKING OUT but GUYS AMURO NAMIE IS RETIRING OH MY GOSH guys seriously HOW IS THIS HAPPENING SHE'S STILL SO POPULAR and WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN TO ME.