If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2012-06-25 23:25:55

I still want to know why Forzare only has episodes 13-24 of K-ON!!...

If it were any other bunch of episodes I wouldn't care, but since it's 13-24 it makes it look like you just watched 1-12 of season 1 (which would be up to the "end" of season 1 even though there were actually two episodes after it), then, thinking season 2's numbering carries over from season 1, skipped 13 and 14 from season 1 and the entire first half of season 2 and are then going to watch from there up to what is still not even actually the end of season 2... (since again the "ending" happens with a whole other DVD/BD volume left to go)

Not that I should think you'd do that since you almost certainly actually, y'know, know what you're doing, but at the very least you definitely are at least missing the last three episodes (since season 2 is 27 episodes long), so...

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh, right.

I've already seen season 1 and episodes 1-12 of season 2, and I didn't feel like rewatching them.

It ends at 24 because... the torrent I had sucks I guess?
  • Yes apparently that torrent does suck, and moreover it looks like you'd actually have to go out of your way to find a torrent that sucks so much, since it took me like 20 minutes of searching before I even found that one...  That said, unless I'm wrong about which torrent it is (though the filenames look to be the same, and filesizes are probably the same), it does have episodes 25 and 26 at least.  Though not 27, still.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Mistake with his client?

• Probably.  Or just ignored them since they have "(extra)" in the filename.

Not that it really matters, I just like being able to talk about K-ON!, even when it's something really trivial like that... >.>

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

apparently i suck, because the torrent does have episodes 25 and 26, i just didn't select them when i was telling it what to download or something

maybe I saw the word "extra" and my brain decided to ignore them or something?

i'unno

i just didn't select them when i was telling it what to download or something

Doesn't it do that for you? I only have to unselect stuff.

I just like being able to talk about K-ON!

So Sentai is finally dubbing season 2...

• Has friends besides tanks now

They are? Sweet, more money to sink on the series, then. I already have the first season.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:17:12
    Loser

DYRE,
    I could understand why you'd think a lot of people like that don't rewatch anime very much, but it's not like you can't watch a lot of new shows at the same time that you're watching a show again.

True, maybe I am just underestimating how much free time people have and not giving them enough credit when it comes to how much anime watching they can cram into that time.

As for people who do fall into the rewatch a lot or rewatch rarely categories, I wonder if that just links back to how some people tend to enjoy familiar experiences more while others prefer constantly trying something new.

Not that it really matters, I just like being able to talk about K-ON!, even when it's something really trivial like that... >.>

Okay, so have any thoughts about which K-ON! dub voices were the best/worst fits?

fourteenwings,
    I love re-watching stuff that I like, do it all the time. Especially if said thing I like gets an English dub.

That is a pretty common reason to rewatch a series, right? It kind of makes me curious if people who are not as big on rewatching are less likely to buy DVDs. The answer to that might be an obvious yes, but I definitely could be wrong too.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:12:06

So Sentai is finally dubbing season 2...

Indeed.  Not that it matters much to me.  I don't have a problem with the dub per se, and it even has Stephanie Sheh as Yui, which is nice.  But really I think all the seiyuu fit their characters so well and by this point I'm so used to them that I really can't imagine being able to watch the English dub.  I might give it a try next time I watch the first season of K-ON! since I have the DVDs, but... I dunno.

Okay then, have any thoughts about which K-ON! dub voices were the best/worst fits?

As I just suggested, I haven't actually watched enough of the dub to really make a judgment.  I think the idea of Stephanie Sheh as Yui at least fits pretty well, though I haven't actually listened to it to make sure...

Also, I eagerly await seeing Sentai Filmworks's DVDs for K-ON!!, because I really want to know how they'll manage to make them even more low-budget and crappy than Bandai-Entertainment's.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm not big on rewatching, yet I actually want to buy DVDs for series I've seen.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:17:57
    There is love everywhere, I already know

STEPHANIE SHEH IS THE BEST

low-budget and crappy than Bandai-Entertainment's

The S1 dub was awesome, it's just that the release was kinda horrid looking (The DVDs, expecially compared to Funi's and Sentai's, but packaging has always been an issue for Bandai, I mean, look at the Dissapearance DVD/BDs...)

But admittedly, nobody can really match Ms. Toyosaki as Yui... no matter how much I love Stephanie Sheh.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:13:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Doesn't it do that for you? I only have to unselect stuff.

Well yeah, but there were more episodes that I didn't want than episodes I did, so it would be less clicks to just unselect all and then choose the ones I wanted.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:15:07

STEPHANIE SHEH IS THE BEST

Stephanie Sheh is like 1/3 of the reason I can even stand listening to the Haruhi dub.  Trufax.

Stephanie Sheh is like 1/3 of the reason I can even stand listening to the Haruhi dub.  Trufax.

the other 2/3 had best be crispin freeman and johnny yong bosch

• a little muffled

Stephanie Sheh is okay.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:18:21

The S1 dub was awesome, it's just that the release was kinda horrid looking (The DVDs, expecially compared to Funi's and Sentai's, but packaging has always been an issue for Bandai, I mean, look at the Dissapearance DVD/BDs...)

That's what I meant.  The DVD packaging was terrible (using art from the wrong season of the show).  The menus were terrible (no animation or sound).  There were barely any special features, and they didn't include the omake episodes that were on the Japanese DVDs/BDs.  Meanwhile, Sentai Filmworks releases somehow are even lazier, so I can't imagine how this is going to be...

^^ Well, duh.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:25:46

There were barely any special features

There were hardly any trailers on the thing. TRAILERS. How am I supposed to know what else you release Bandai?

Sentai Filmworks releases somehow are even lazier

Really?

Looking at the Sentai release page, it seems like you're right...

the other 2/3 had best be crispin freeman and johnny yong bosch

i thought it'd be wendee lee and jyb

wendee lee is eh

crispin freeman is a god among men

I also happen to like Michelle Ruff and Sam Riegel, but not as much as the other two.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:29:44

Really?

Every single Sentai Filmworks trailer is just the anime's OP theme set to a bunch of random clips from the show.  Special features are almost always limited to just clean OPs and EDs, though apparently Kannazuki no Miko (Destiny of the Shrine Maiden) at least has a sketch gallery (not that that's really much better since DVDs aren't exactly the best way to display concept art...).  Equally boring menus... etc.

i thought it'd be wendee lee and jyb

Ew no not Wendee Lee.  Not that I actually have any idea why I don't like her.  But, well, I don't.  So.

I also happen to like Michelle Ruff and Sam Riegel, but not as much as the other two.

Michelle Ruff is good when she isn't playing Yuki Nagato.  She's good in Gurren Lagann and Tales of Vesperia, at least, but... she does not do a good job as Yuki.

I don't even know who Sam Riegel voiced.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:31:59

This is why I like Funi best, but I'll keep buying Sentai stuff since they somehow got Towa no Quon and UN-GO to support the industry!

Michelle Ruff is good when she isn't playing Yuki Nagato.

Agreed. But alternate!Yuki I sort of liked.

I'm the only person who likes Wendee Lee!Haruhi? I guess I'd have wanted a slightly more youthful voice for her but I did get used to it and like it now.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:39:34
    Loser

On the topic of DVDs, what do people think constitutes good packaging? I ask mostly because I am not really experienced with DVDs releases and did not know that certain licensing companies actually had reputations with that stuff.

Anyway, speaking of bad packaging, I guess the way Sentai did the Clannad dub DVDs was pretty bad. They all come stacked on top of each other on this spindle thing instead of being secured in sleeves or individual holders, so you kind of have to either constantly handle them or build a functional DVD case yourself. I suppose there are far worse things than that little problem though. 

good packaging

1. Pretty cover that relates to the thing inside

2. Nice back description

3. Discs packed in a single box that has multiple disc-thingies (Like Eureka Seven, I think there are some pictures on Amazon) with nice artwork on them

4. The Multiple pack disc-thing must be secured! (DIssapearance DVDs/BDs are always clanging because they're not secured)

5. Maybe a sleeve, like the Eden Of The East movies?

• This is why I like Funi best,

Funimation has other problems, like thinking it's okay to squeeze 8 episodes onto one disc.  Though in most other respects their releases at least come across as if they put effort into them.  Anime Works is also pretty decent when it comes to doing more than absolutely the bare minimum, since at least their release of Doujin Work had the live-action episodes and their release of Ika Musume had the mini-Ika Musume episodes.  Though their release of Seraphim Call doesn't seem to advertise any special features whatsoever, and... I don't seem to have any other Anime Works DVDs to look at so...

like thinking it's okay to squeeze 8 episodes onto one disc

I don't get why this is bad...

• edited 2012-06-26 00:45:27

Anyway, speaking of bad packaging, I guess the way Sentai did the Clannad dub DVDs was pretty bad. They all come stacked on top of each other on this spindle thing instead of being secured in sleeves or individual holders, so you kind of have to either constantly handle them or build a functional DVD case yourself. I suppose there are far worse things than that little problem though.

No that's pretty terrible.  I have a few DVDs that do that as well.  Sentai Filmworks release of Sakura Wars was like that, as was the second ADV compilation of Princess Tutu (six discs all on one spindle!).

Personally, I like having separate boxes for each disc (possibly thin boxes), with a nice art box to put them all in, but of course you can't really have that for every series.  Otherwise, separate DVD cases for each disc is fine... Or... really anything that doesn't involve putting every disc on the same spindle.  Ideally, you should be able to take out any individual disc without moving any others.

^ limited storage space combined with shitty mid-90s video codecs means that if you have a lot of episodes on one disc, video quality suffers.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:49:58

Oh.

Anime Works website is annoying...

SO MUCH YAOI though...

Did anybody else know that there's an American cop movie called FAKE too? Poor guys...

In other news, this is now my wallpaper.

i'm going to give myself nightmares

• a little muffled

I like all the Haruhi voices.

Also I agree that that that kind of DVD package ADV likes is annoying; RahXephon (the release I have anyway) is that way as well.

I don't really dislike Wendee Lee's Haruhi, but I don't particularly like it either.