If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

There are also no plans for a third season of K-ON!

Wait what? At all? That sucks...

I don't get why KyoAni would go off and look for different IPs, if Haruhi is any less popular it's their own fault for not riding the cash cow effectively (I remember fans foaming at the mouth for Disappearance and the K-ON! PS3 game is only second to Pokemon Black/White 2 in this week's rankings).

Maybe they don't care since everything they touch turns to gold (From Clannad to Hyouka, I haven't met any KyoAni anime that people will not eat up, including me).

Maybe they believe in leaving stuff at it's best?

I'm just mad that there's a lot of source material they can still work with... unlike BONES, who usually do an adaptation = start to finish,

• (From Clannad to Hyouka, I haven't met any KyoAni anime that people will not eat up, including me).

Nichijou sold pretty poorly, and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu only had average sales.  They're generally considered to be good, but that doesn't really matter if nobody bought them.  And there's Munto, which I don't even think most anime fans are even aware of.

• edited 2012-06-28 11:11:07
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Munto, which I don't even think most anime fans are even aware of.

People don't know what Munto is? But that series was like Madoka before Madoka but with Nanoha and boys!

...Wow, Munto did really, really badly...

What about the second season of Full Metal Panic? I never saw it but it even got dubbed right?

Nichijou sold pretty poorly

???

• ???

Yeah.  It didn't even break even.  Probably because Kadokawa, as they usually do, released it as 13 2-episode volumes instead of the still-insane-but-more-common 9 3-episode volumes.  Plus other reasons that I do not know what they are.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That is a tragedy.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Though I'm more of a fan of its obscure sequel, Komodo no Jikan

> komodonojikan.jpg

oh gawd, win

@Nichijou: That is pretty sad...

There is a distinct lack of reptiles when I search on Google for "komodo no jikan".  Even when I force-search it by using quotation marks.

Internet, I am disappoint.

• Oh hey, three iDOLM@STER OVAs are coming out later this year.  Cool.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Weren't the Nichijou DVD and BD pretty expensive too? (I mean compared to other anime)

A shame that it didn't sell because it was pretty good
  • edited 2012-06-28 14:00:42

I don't think they were actually individually much more expensive than other anime DVDs/BDs, it's just that there were way more of them so it'd cost a lot more to buy the whole series.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Nichijou is something I'd be interested in. Problem, I didn't find any way to get it. At least not in a way that would be possible to me. Which is pretty much only through Direct Downloads. Yeah, this sucks.

@Komodo no Jikan: I think that would be more like "Komodo no Waran". That's because "Komodowaran" is the German term for the komodo dragon. That's funny. Yeah.

So, with that, my inability to get Nichijou isn't the only thing that sucks in this post.

BTW, I never heard of this "Munto". I actually went to Wikipedia, just to see if that's actually a thing.

Does "Waran" mean anything in Japanese?

• edited 2012-06-28 14:58:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

According to Jisho.org, "waranto" means "warrant" and "waranbe" means "child," but no "waran."

• edited 2012-06-28 14:59:58
    Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^^ You can't use torrents?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "K-ON! PS3 game"

I swear to God, heads will roll if this doesn't get a North America release. This overrides my disappointment at Nichijou's apparent unsuccessfulness.
  • edited 2012-06-28 16:02:13

Unless it's something else that I don't know about, it's just a port of the PSP game.  Which, honestly, was not very good.  I had fun with it for a little while since it's K-ON!, but it's pretty bad as a music game (and it's on the PSP, which has tons of very good music games that you could be playing instead), and even just as a fanservice thing, it's kind of lacking.

And there's clearly no way it's getting a North American release.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    brb bowling with heads

Talking about K-On!, I just watched the fourth episode of K-On!!, the imaginatively titled second season. It's the Kyoto episode, in which the appropriate dialect appears (mostly just faked by Ritsu). And just as I feared, they used Bavarian (which isn't so much a dialect as much more a form of acoustic torture) for it in the German version. I will never watch this episode dubbed. Never.

• edited 2012-06-28 16:18:50

^^ Of course, if you really, really want it anyway, it's not like it matters if it gets a North American release.  PS3 games are region free, and it's a music game so it's not like being in Japanese makes the game unplayable.  So basically, you could import it.

Isn't that like, very expensive?

• edited 2012-06-28 16:26:14

From cdjapan it's like 5000 yen plus shipping, which comes out to more than a new video game, but it's not completely unreasonable if it was something you really wanted.

Natsuiro Kiseki's final episode is subbed...

I'm just going to pretend it isn't over for a couple of days and watch it later.

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-29 19:35:45
    Here, There, Everywhere

I've recently gotten into Masaaki Yuasa's output. I'm currently watching The Tatami Galaxy and am planning to start Kaiba relatively soon.

Thoughts?

• Kichigai birthday!!

^ I was also planning to watch those sometime

• edited 2012-06-29 19:35:31

The only work of his I've seen so far is Mind Game, which I thought was pretty excellent.  Other than that though, I don't really know much about his other works.  I saw the first two episodes of Kaiba and thought it was pretty interesting, but since I've only seen that much of it I don't really have much of an opinion on it currently, so...

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-29 19:36:54
    Here, There, Everywhere

The only problem that I have with The Tatami Galaxy so far is that the dialogue and narration are so quick that it's hard to keep track of the subtitles and the awesome animation at the same time. Otherwise, it's basically the perfect animated comedy, at least from my perspective.

Well, all right, not perfect, but better than anything I've seen in a very long time by miles.

• Someone hasn't watched Cromartie High.

Not saying Tatami Galaxy is bad at all, though.

• a little muffled

@JHM:

The only problem that I have with The Tatami Galaxy so far is that the dialogue and narration are so quick that it's hard to keep track of the subtitles and the awesome animation at the same time.
    This was a pretty common complaint about it when it aired, too.

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-29 19:47:15
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ *shrug* That kind of wry, detached, surreal observational humour is very much up my alley, especially when it's not weighed down by all of the hip pretences that accompany it in American cinema.

I wish that there were more clever comedy that weren't smugly self-conscious about that cleverness.

^ I know.