If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2012-06-20 11:40:37

Why has nobody made an anime about Chocolatiers?

Well, Yumeiro Patissiere is kind of sort of close to almost the same thing maybe...  Just, y'know, about dessert in general.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

DESSERT ANIME EXISTS

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS

^^ If any show needs the Demashita! treatment it's Adventure Time.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Spongebob was weird enough without being an anime. I don't know if I want to see a Demashita! Spongebob Squarepants Z.

Accel World, you're not even worthy of hate. It just gets better (in a bad way) every week.

Seriously guys, did you not think mentioning the fact that he can't access the real Accel World until he was Level 4 was necessary? (or did the writer just think that up seven seconds ago?)

• You can change. You can.

I like Evangelion's TV ending but it's a bit too simplistic. It's basically Shinji sitting on a corner hallucinating and such for 1 hour and then realizing that he needs to value himself and live instead of constantly relying on others to do so. It's a cool message and it's well executed in terms of imagery and such, but EoE actually justifies the change of mind in a way that doesn't feel as forced. 

that is not to say that NGE's ending is bad (I personally like it, even) but it's quite flawed. Then again, NGE is quite flawed, actually.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That's why I feel that EoE and the TV ending actually go together well: first, the Third Impact happens, then Shinji is forced to confront his thoughts in instrumentality-space.

EoE doesn't do much for the problem, actually, as it is still pretty much a movie where Shinji retracts himself from reality, meditates a lot on his life and then makes a decision in regards of how to live it. The only substantial difference is that in EoE we see how this decision affects the world around Shinji. Which is cool, I guess, but it's not really an organic character development.

But what if EoE happens BEFORE the TV ending?

Well, yeah, but it wouldn't make sense because Shinji would make his decision to accept that life has its downsides and upsides, but it's still worth living. And then...he goes on...to meditate about it...again. 

Which, I mean, would be a totally naturalistic approach to depression (Depression is not something you can kill or that goes away easily. It's something you live with, questioning everything you do every single day and blah de blah) but Evangelion is not about naturalism. Even in terms of its characters, to be honest (Who are cool and all, but they are still simplified to be easily digestible)

Okay, maybe TV ending takes place at the end of EoE then.  I forgot that detail.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Just watched Paprika.

I don't know what the fuck did I just watch, but I liked it

• edited 2012-06-22 11:40:21

Paprika was great.  But, well, it's Satoshi Kon, and animated by Madhouse with an actual budget, so of course it was.

That said, I don't really remember much about it, other than that it had really nice animation and I liked it a lot.

EDIT:

Okay, so after spending far more time thinking about this than I should have...

In regard to my quest to watch every Aki Toyosaki anime (which I mentioned in IJBM Updates last night, and probably have mentioned before that too)...

According to MyAnimeList.net (which I know is somewhat inaccurate, so it won't include some series that she actually is in), Aki Toyosaki is in at least 96 anime (counting special episodes, OVAs, second seasons, etc. as separate anime).  Of these, I have only watched 17, or a bit less than 18% (or, I'm doing a terrible job of this).  Of the remaining 79, she plays a main character (by MAL's idea of a main character) in 34 of these.  So I need to either watch 79 or at least 34 anime with her in it (actually more since I know she's also in (almost?) every season of Jewelpet, even though it's not listed there).  Of all these series, about 1/3 seem either terrible or very boring, such that if she weren't in them I would absolutely never watch these shows.  I mean seriously, she's in Queen's Blade and Seikon no Qwaser and Hyakka Rouran: Samurai Girls.  On the other hand, about 1/3 of them are shows I'd already want to watch even if she weren't in them.  Which I guess means 1/3 of them are just... ordinary, and I don't know whether or not I'd ever watch them but it wouldn't be an impossibility.

• edited 2012-06-22 11:48:39
    There is love everywhere, I already know

96 anime

Queen's Blade

Good luck?

At the moment I've seen everything Nana Mizuki was in in 2004 (Including that one Pokemon episode), some of 2005,6,&7, most of 2008&9 and all of 2010,11&12, though I did stop watching Toriko because no way am I that insane.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Why not stick to the 1/3rd you are already interested in and see if you still want to binge on this VA's voice.
  • ^ Well, clearly that's what I'll do.  I mean, I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to watch two seasons of Queen's Blade when I have, like... actually good shows to watch, still...

• I'm a damn twisted person

Well shows you find entertaining. Them being good shows is another matter entirely. 

• edited 2012-06-22 14:22:17

Oh, hush.  Are you suggesting that tennis pantsu anime Softenni isn't a pinnacle of animation?

EDIT: So, the final episode of Natsuiro Kiseki is going to be Endless Eight?  While I'm going to try to be optimistic, there's really a very high chance that the ending to this show is going to be terrible.  Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case.

there's really a very high chance that the ending to this show is going to be terrible. 

What? Why?

• edited 2012-06-23 00:12:18

Well, admittedly, it's mostly because I don't like the particular plot device that the last episode is going to be based around.  I guess it's a bit extreme to say that the show is going to actually have a bad ending because of it, but it feels like there are a lot of ways they can screw up an episode like that, and that's kind of a problem when it's the last episode of the show.

It sort of makes sense and I doubt they can screw it up (Let me point once again to the episode that was basically running around the series but was still extremely interesting).

Ebiten is already dissapointing me, the music PV avoids showing the main character and any yaoi in exchange for a performance by the seiyuu and FANSERVICE! FANSERVICE! FANSERVICE!

• edited 2012-06-23 00:32:04

Oh wow yeah.  Ebiten looks... like it will be ridiculously unremarkable.  I guess that's a little disappointing, though really I didn't have high hopes (read: any hopes at all) for it anyway.  I'll still end up watching it because why not it could be fun (I mean, I've enjoyed some pretty generic and pointless shows before), but... yeah.  Also, it's a little bit hilarious that it has the same OP as Seitokai no Ichizon...

same OP

They're just re-using the song?

• Well, not completely.  It's going to be sung by the seiyuu from Ebiten, which I guess means it's at least a different version of the same song...

I don't want to jinx it but this is probably just going to be the same show WITH MINISCULE YAOI in it right?

• edited 2012-06-23 00:56:01

Except for the original character designer being the same for both series, it doesn't look like they actually have anything in common staff-wise... the reuse of the OP could just be a way to cash in on the character designs being similar, and thus to get Seitokai no Ichizon fans to be more likely to watch Ebiten... or something...  Beyond that I don't really know since I haven't actually watched Seitokai no Ichizon.

I can't imagine there's going to be much if any yaoi in it though considering the website shows bios for eight female characters and zero male characters.

eight female characters and zero male characters.

What? I thought the entire concept was a guy joining a yaoi club? Is he just that generic?

I never saw Ichizon either though...

• edited 2012-06-23 01:12:39

Hm... I suppose I was wrong.  There is one male character on the website.

But seriously it's not my fault I thought Itsuki was a girl. (top left character)

You know, with the whole wearing what should be a girl's uniform thing.  And me not actually reading his name. >.>

So it has crossdressing maybe?

I dunno.

I KNEW THAT WAS A DUDE (Okay, I suspected it when I saw the PV).

What's with the pink haired Mikuru expy? (Right down to creepy fanservice in the PV).

crossdressing

I think the moment you realize you're an otaku is when you see a concept like this and go "Again?"

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Just bought Noir in its entirety for $10. I'll eventually have time to watch it.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Has anyone here watched Eureka Seven? I was thinking of watching but wanted some opinions.