If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does Symphogear have anything to do with music?

Also, reactivating Angelic Layer.  Hat-tip to my local anime club.

• a little muffled

Does Symphogear have anything to do with music?
    It's about idol singers who are also magical girls, I think.

• edited 2012-09-15 23:59:55
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Symphogear is actually about Magical girls who sing as they fight using their armor with an inbuilt stereo (The first two do happen to be idol singers though).

Sword Art Online 11: Hey guys, you know how we should all be working to get to the 100th Level? No? Time for a break? In a virtual world? Again? Why doesn't somebody just shut down this things main server and put us out of our misery?

Is this show really ever going to go anywhere?

Accel World 22: Is anybody who Haru knows who has any skill in the Accelerated World male? Why are they still bothering with this Noumi kid if they have evidence that he's using illegal implants when all he has against them is a video that's just very embarrassing? Why does Taku think Black Lotus would lose this battle? Especially since she's Level 9 and Noumi can't be beyond Level 5 yet? What is with Haru not noticing that Chiyu has a promising future in prostitution (And that she has a gigantic thing for him?)? Why did this show go out of it's way to link itself to Sword Art Online, a show that would make it impossible for things like Neuro Linkers to become popular or even exist because of the bad publicity that the Sword Art Online epidemic gave the entire Augmented Reality concept?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Because they are happening in the same continuity?

• There is love everywhere, I already know

They are?

If they are, then SWOs 'Hey guys I stuck you in a videogame that I took 9 years or so to develop and you'll die if you try to get out and the authorities basically haven't noticed kids strapped to their computers for a year' is no longer the dumbest thing in the SWO/AW world.

Wait, these two things are related?

Oh, and after seeing just the first episode of SAO, I don't feel like continuing; I just don't like the premise much.

• edited 2012-09-16 00:19:17

^ Same author, but I'm not sure about anything else. A VR Helmet from Sword Art Online showed up for a couple of seconds in an Accel World episode, so I thought that was weird (And makes Accel World's entire Neuro Linker system somewhat implausible. I mean "Hey guys, remember what happened with those helmets! Forget it! Let's make more advanced versions of them!", really?)

Zetsuen no Tempest. Butterflies, Kaishou Rie expy, slightly Un-Go...

The PV itself is very atmospheric and I really like it.

• Accel World is set in the same universe as SAO, some time in the future.  And apparently despite the whole being-trapped-in-a-video-game thing, that actually didn't stop the Nerve Gear from becoming extremely popular.  Indeed, even in SAO there are other games using it (Sword Art Online was the first one, but the characters later move on to other games, I think).

Y halo thar Tempest Sonata finale.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

@Saigyouji's chart: The only thing that struck me in the either of the first two sections was the second season of Chihayafuru, to be perfectly honest. I mean, SHAFT's newest offering might be decent—it will definitely be well-animated—but the plot struck me as an obvious set up for rom-com nonsense with an odd twist thrown in for variety.

The film section is more promising, however, what with Kizumonogatari, Sakasama no Patema (same director/writer as Time of Eve), and particularly Exiled from Paradise—Urobuchi and Mizushima is a pairing to be reckoned with. There's also the next Berserk film, which should at least be interesting.

• edited 2012-09-16 05:07:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Time of EVE was a weird little series.  I guess you could classify it as a mystery plot since that's kinda what it is, but it doesn't really follow the normal dynamics of a detective on a case, and the important thing really isn't the "case" but how it affects the "detective".  It's a positive recommend from me, but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it.  It was also a bit slow and awkward at times, though that was pretty clearly intentional.

In other news, just found this:

http://thecartdriver.com/franchises/

h/t to my school's anime club

Also, now I'm listening to the third movement of Beethoven's "Tempest" Sonata (in D minor, Op. 31 #2).

Unfortunately, there exists no strings version on Youtube, apparently, so I'll just go with a performance of the original.

• edited 2012-09-16 13:36:37

http://thecartdriver.com/franchises/

Pretty much all the information here is extremely obvious from looking at MAL or AniDB or something, and some of it is actually pretty misleading or just not very good advice.

I mean, SHAFT's newest offering might be decent—it will definitely be well-animated—but the plot struck me as an obvious set up for rom-com nonsense with an odd twist thrown in for variety.

I don't see the problem with this.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

And now Hyouka is officially on it's last episode of ever.

On the same note Saori Kodama wrote both Hyouka opening theme songs (And performs the second one), that's kind of really cool...

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^ The CLAMP section made me tired just reading the thing. Which reminded me: Is X worth my time? Not the film, obviously, but the series.

^^ I personally find that kind of thing pretty dull and played-out. Maybe they will be clever about it and do something genuinely new, but at this point... I guess it's too soon to tell.

• edited 2012-09-17 00:47:03

It's over...

• Okay, I'd love to talk about Hyouka's ending right now, but seriously

This AMV.

What the shit?

This is edited perfectly.

And yet the concept behind it

I have no words for how absurd this is to watch.

Yay. I won't have to hear about that show ever again!

• Don't worry, I will make sure to continue only talking about anime you don't like.

I won't ever doubt that.

• edited 2012-09-17 02:16:18

Holy SHIT that was a good AMV.

Now I haven't seen any of the source material before though.  So I don't know why it doesn't...

...waaaaaaitaminute, was K-On ever this dark?

• edited 2012-09-17 02:23:18

Yeah, that's the thing.

It's a very good AMV, but the fact that someone went to such ridiculous lengths to make an AMV that pairs Mio Akiyama from K-ON! with Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka (and includes Houkago Tea Time replacing Mio with Nagi from Kannagi) is just very silly.

And no, K-ON! wasn't anywhere near that dark.  The person who made that AMV did some ridiculous editing to make everything look coherent, despite the AMV containing very few scenes from K-ON! or Hyouka.

So where did the bandaged!Mio footage come from?

There's some damn good seamless editing in there.

• Two frames are photoshopped.  Anything where you can't actually see her face is a clip of a different character from a different show.

Well I guess the fact that so many anime characters look vaguely alike does help in circumstances like this...or was that even exploited here?

• edited 2012-09-17 03:08:22

It was, yeah.  There are clips in that of girls who just happen to look like Mio (which was probably made very easy by the fact that Mio has a very generic haircut), and boys who look sort of like Oreki.  Though a lot of the clips seem to be of characters who actually don't really look anything like either character, but it still gets the point across I guess.

Hyoka and K-On! have basically the same animation designs. The one who made that video had that bit of luck to his side. But still, that editing is really good.

/me saves

@DYRE: You could do what I'd do with it.  If it doesn't fit into an existing canon, make a new canon with expies of the appropriate characters, and build a narrative around it.

• edited 2012-09-17 04:27:49

Speaking of AMVs, does anybody know some that use Perfume or miwa songs?

Oh, and:

Holy SHIT that was a good AMV.

• edited 2012-09-17 04:56:10

Best AMVs I've seen: Code Monkey x Black Heaven, Agapé x Eureka Seven (A/D version), Agapé x Eureka Seven (E/R version), He's a Pirate x Yukikaze, Sleepless Night x Kiddy Grade, and now this one that's Our Tapes x some frankenanime

@fourteenwings: what did you mean by posting that picture with "it's over"?