If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2013-02-12 23:31:44
    There is love everywhere, I already know

That girl in the picture looks like the Gyrozetter girl with the red glasses.

This reminds me of the time I was watching a serious documentary about the Arizona desert and all I could think about was "This is where episode 10 of Eureka Seven AO is set! :D".

• edited 2013-02-13 08:51:29

Vividred Operation 05: Aliens

Rei is amazing, I wasn't expecting so much heart and character from someone like her. I'm surprised at how this wasn't an Akane focus episode, which was exactly what it needed though.

Not much non-Akane non-Rei non-Granplush-ness this week, but I don't mind.

I can't say much else, but the ED was great and the transformation was quite inventive, so that's cool too. SUrprisinly, I feel like there's a possibility that there won't be a VividBlack.

Can't wait for the next episode to be honest.

Tangent: Summer School Camp and Looking for lost treasured artifacts on the Beach? Are there actual parrallels or am I just in Uta~Kata withdrawal?

Hakkenden : Touhou Hakken Ibun 05: Nothing happened this week. At all.

Are you sure this is an action series about getting the beads of X? Cause I'm pretty sure we just spent an entire episode helping previously unmentioned snake girl make friends while trying not to get killed by her snake godmother.

Ayane is okay, I guess, but I'm mad that the episode didn't deliver on the Brother/Shino business >_> Also, way to help Sousuke out Shino.

I just hope next week will have actual stuff happening, like an adventure, as promised by everything about this show. Seriously, how is this one-cour? It needs four if it continues at this pace!

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

So, latest Naruto chapter.

Last chapter, Sasuke asked the 1st Hokage to tell him what truly makes a shinobi, and about Konoha and his battle with Madara, in full detail. Sasuke decided that his answer would determine if he continues his goal of taking revenge on the village or not. That ended on a cliffhanger.

This chapter basically, has the Hokage's talking about Madara, and how awesome Itachi was, and a bit from the Fourth about Naruto.

What I think is kind of interesting and cool is that the first Hokage is detirmined now to not let Sasuke fall down the same path Madara did.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Turns out the TF2 Scout's Shortstop weapon was modeled on the COP .357 Derringer, which is coincidentially the gun of choice of Lumière from Kiddy Grade.

AKB48's music seems to be rather disappointingly monotonic in its style.  It's very often a very similar kind of action pop with a rather consistently similar accompaniment texture.  And while it's upbeat, it sometimes feels a bit artificial.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Saturn: You missed the bit about Hashirama casually showing off how powerful he is and nearly making everyone shit their pants.

But beyond that... It looks like Hashirama is going to be going right back and talking about the establishment of the Hidden Villages, and what being a shinobi actually means.

• a little muffled

AKB48's music seems to be rather disappointingly monotonic in its style.
    But is its style increasing or decreasing?

It's monotonically stable.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

AKB48's music seems to be rather disappointingly monotonic in its style.

And while it's upbeat, it sometimes feels a bit artificial.

It's idol music...

Okay, while that's no excuse you have to remember they need seven songs per single and then 18 per album it would be easy to find a formula.

But even then they have songs they can be wildly different (Beginner, RIVER, even Ponytail to Chouchou) and subgroups almost never have a monotonous sound (NO NAME, DiVA, no3b...)

I mean, like, a lot of their music is intense action pop with a positive or hopeful streak.  After a while, it everything feels the same, even when it sounds different.

It's refreshing when it isn't.  Like "Beginner", for example.

• edited 2013-02-14 10:55:11

and subgroups almost never have a monotonous sound (NO NAME, DiVA, no3b...)

I hardly know anything of DiVA, but I think the song they did for Ultraman Saga, "Lost the Way" was pretty good. 'course, end credits songs from Ultraman films tend to be meh. The one by Kiyoshi Hikawa being a major exception.

Vividred Operation 05: Aliens

Rei is amazing, I wasn't expecting so much heart and character from someone like her. I'm surprised at how this wasn't an Akane focus episode, which was exactly what it needed though.

Not much non-Akane non-Rei non-Granplush-ness this week, but I don't mind.

I like how we get to know more about how Akane thinks and all. Although it was mainly about her friendliness. I hope we'll get to learn more on her heroic side.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Dreamed about Evangelion last night. But I've never actually seen the series and know very little about it beyond the characters, so they were just sort of there, without anything to actually do.

For some reason, there's someone I know in meatspace who I think looks very reminiscent of Asuka Langley Soryu.  Even though I can't figure out what exactly about her makes her look like Asuka; they don't even share a hairstyle.  They also don't share a personality either.

• ^^ So, were did just stand there and go "now what?"?

^ bwha?

^I think they just kind of talked or something.

Y'know when you think a person you're just meeting reminds you quite a bit of someone else?

Yeah.

• But in what way?

@ClockworkUniverse but about what?

I don't even remember. I'm bad at remembering dreams even when I've just woken up.

^^ That's the part I haven't figured out!

• a little muffled

@ClockworkUniverse:

Dreamed about Evangelion last night. But I've never actually seen the series and know very little about it beyond the characters, so they were just sort of there, without anything to actually do.
    I am almost certain I've had that dream before.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I have been in a similar boat with members of the cast of Katanagatari, of all things.

@Naas_H_Sapiens: That was DiVA's last single with their fourth member whose name I forget.

Kiyoshi Hikawa

People who aren't me know who this is!

• edited 2013-02-15 02:54:07

I mostly know who he is because some Madoka Magica material mentioned his name. At some point, I noticed that he did the theme for Ultraman Mebius and Ultraman Brothers ("Mirai"). Then I found out that the version of Credens Justitam (Mami's theme) that had actual lyrics was also titled "Mirai", which might not really mean anything, although the lyrics do remind me of the themes and ideas in Mebius.

Uta~Kata 09: What the why the what gods man why!?

This episode was... great, really great. It was also even more disturbing than Episode 8, since this time Ichika does manage to do damage to others (That man screaming about the pacemaker was just... arghhh).

I was right about the abuse, and now I really don't want to be because that interplay with the rest of the episode was sickening (in a good way). I'm also still very impressed with how the show is handling the romantic aspects, both with Ichika and Keiko (And the kids too, I guess).

Keiko's plot was hard to digest, there was a good layer of sadness just sitting on it and it was really hard to think about it event-by-event, which is why I think it was awesome.

And I finally noticed the primordial/naturalistic/predatorial song that plays whenever Ichika goes crazy, it's lovely.

Uta~Kata 10: SHE CAN FIGHT! (But probably not)

We start this episode with the recoil from last week, plus Sei being incapacitated and Kai being forced to help Saya and then we actually get to the episode which involves a harrowing suicide attempt and Ichika finding out about her birth and yet... she fights back.

The Djinn comes out, and she manages to... not exactly control it, but... use it's power without destroying anything? The hope that comes out of this moment is just maddening, seriously. I can't say anything more.

Other Stuff: Outfit for episode 9 was better than episode 10's, but 10's was also cool. I'm glad to see Manatsu finally coming into her own too. I wonder if Manatsu would be in Kai's position if this were to ever happen again D:

I just realized, every multi-episode anime (heck, TV) series should have a secondary rating attached to a primary howevermany-stars-out-of-five-or-ten rating.

This secondary rating should be the following: recommend marathoning or recommend spacing the episodes out.  It should say X% of users who've rated this series prefer marathoning, Y% prefer spacing them out, and Z% say they have no opinion either way.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The thing is, most anime that aren't one cour are eight hours long at their shortest, meaning they aren't really marathon material in the first place.

• edited 2013-02-15 05:38:48

I don't like numeral ratings. Numbers are a bit confusing when you relate them to something not-all-that-measurable like enjoyment. Something like "watch this for reasons XYZ" is more helpful anyway.

• edited 2013-02-15 05:52:28

Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 06: Okay, you dissapoint me last week with an episode about nothing and now you're doing this? Wow.

There was quite a bit of fanservice though, kinda distracting (and the homophobia is still not cool).

Anyways, I can't wait for next week, getting a little more character development for Shino, Sousuke and the brothers didn't hurt either and I think we'll see more.

On another note:

They should fix those reds before release but very nice. I'll be getting both.

I don't like numeral ratings.

Me either, cause I'm not consistent with them anyways.

• But you never had any to begin with.

why do they hate trousers

cause school uniform

I haven't checked the length of the guys pants to compare though.