If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Honestly, why do people like camera-to-the-ass so damn much?

Why not replace all those lame attempts at sexual pandering with actual awesome?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Because awesome is harder to write and not a guaranteed sale to the Otaku demographic.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    ^ Counterpoint: JoJo's.

Yeah, but Jojo has legacy on its side.

Also, most of my anime club hates Jojo but raves about Sword Art Online.

Heretics, all of them.

• Yes, because not tolerating disgusting fanservice on any level is being thin-skinned.

Well, yes, that's exactly what it is.

Then I am thin-skinned and proud of it.

• So guys... best filler episode in any anime? Just curious.

Episode 5 of Rozen Maiden. (AKA Stair War)

• Kichigai birthday!!
    The suicide pact one in Paranoia Agent
  • Goku and Piccolo learn to drive.

Time to screw with fourteenwings's head, in advance of his getting back.

http://www.zerochan.net/1127447

• Goku and Piccolo learn to drive.

• You can change. You can.

that episode where all the cast goes to the beach and has fun

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The entirety of K-On.

that episode where all the cast goes to the beach and has fun

The beach episode from Another? :P

• You can change. You can.

Maybe. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Endless Eight.

^I will cut you.

Endless Eight will forever be awesome because it was a case study on how far you can troll your own fandom.

• edited 2013-02-19 20:12:10

More like, they were planning to have one or two episodes of it and then Disappearance as a big story arc, then it became a movie and so they needed six or seven episodes of additional material to fill up the rest of the series.  Since anime fans are too autistic to accept seven episodes of filler and they wouldn't want to adapt stuff written after Disappearance until after the movie comes out, they had no choice but to just have more Endless Eight.

Even still, Endless Eight was orders of magnitude better than Someday in the Rain, at least.

See people always say that and it's an incredibly boneheaded and uninformed thing to say. They weren't trying to troll the fans. They legitimately thought it was a good idea, which is why each and every episode was reanimated with no recycling. It's pretentious artistry.

Really? Damn, the alternative would have been funny (which is why I believed it).

Yes, wasting time, money, and effort to deliberately get on people's nerves and make a waste of something they were looking forward to just because you happen to not share their tastes is hilarious.

^I actually liked Haruhi when Endless Eight came out, fyi. I thought the trolling theory was true back then because 1) I was in disbelief over the whole thing 2) I love it when creators troll their own fans in anything.

Pointlessly seeking ire from your fanbase is even more stupid than trying to cater to them.

Unfortunately I've been spoiled as to what the content of Endless Eight is.

• edited 2013-02-19 21:32:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    what have i begun

Anyway, Endless Eight didn't bug me that much, but I think that's more a function of the fact that I came into it later than anything else. I didn't have to sit there week after week during that whole slog.

I can't bring myself to let it ruin the series for me, though, after how much I loved Disappearance.

• Unfortunately I've been spoiled as to what the content of Endless Eight is.

That's a good thing though.

It means that if you ever do watch Haruhi you're more likely to enjoy it since you won't be surprised by 8 episodes in a row of the same plot.  It's reasonably enjoyable if you know about it going into it.  And if you know about it, you also can potentially skip over most of it if you want (but don't do that).

• a little muffled

More than anything else it bothered me because canonically the same thing didn't happen every time but then they made the same thing happen every time (except the first) anyway.

I thought the whole point was to be surprised that the same thing was happening eight times in a row.