If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

And Nova says One Piece is too wacky. o_o'

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nothin' particularly wacky going on in Naruto. It's not exactly like Orochimaru ate a fruit and gained the power to turn into a super-powered giraffe or anything.

• edited 2013-01-30 22:09:10
    Has friends besides tanks now

Nah, he was just like "oh, how convenient that this ninja is storing six plant ninjas inside him. I'll bring ALL THE HOKAGES back to life!"

(I also kinda mean wacky as in fucked)

Also, the fruit didn't make Kaku a super-powered giraffe; he was already superhuman.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, but... Everything but the Uzumaki mask shrine has been deliberately set up beforehand.

It's fucking weird as hell, yes, but it's not wacky. Wacky is people transforming into half-animals and torturing themselves into cannons that shoot their heads out and are strong as steel or something, or reindeers that can turn into half-human things that study to be doctors and can eat gumballs that make them turn into bigger half-human half-reindeer creatures with superpowers.

• The Zetsus are not all that hard to believe, you can find approximately 1000000 zetsus in a single gram of food, after all.

What I find weird is the cancel-the-soul-eating-jutsu mask thingie, though, was that introduced before?

Nope, that was not introduced before.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Zetsuen no Tempest 15: It wasn't painful to watch! It was funny at times and all the other parts were kind of just okay.

Juunichirou seems to have done a whole 180 as a character... like I said, much like a fanfic he has to inform Hakaze of her own feelings, which felt odd. I loved her delusional romance talk though.

Yoshino... has a thing for Hakaze? Sort of maybe? Why doesn't he just tell her his girlfriend is dead anyways.

They want to turn the mage of Exodus into a Sentai meet-and-greet-er, sounds... good yet awful at the same time. Also, Megumu's power level, it's dumb. He's just plain better than the other mages yet he can't actually do anything with it, which is a poor excuse.

Even having Megumu inform Mahiro of his imouncest (again with this!) isn't going to make me like him. In fact in made me like everyone else more in that scene.

Mahiro is... too calm. Too calm for someone ready to destroy the world at the end of last cour.

Evangeline is picking up steam as a character, but I'm not sure where she's headed.

Samon? He's so stupid it's becoming his one character trait I can remember.

AKB0048 Next Stage 04: Hey, Kanata exists again!

Now I never watch the entire Senbatsu thing because it takes forever, so while I'm mad that they spent an entire episode on it I was actually pretty entranced by all the goings on. Most of the girls got to have a little insight into their character and well... it's over. Time for the plot!

I feel for Chieri, going on stage in such a state was hard to watch. Nagisa's plot had a little less impact, probably because we see what Chieri's going through while Nagisa remains very innocent and blind to what's going on. It makes her goals seem vapid (even though Yuuko's goals are as vapid as hers I feel like there's more weight behind them, which is why I support her character arc). Poor Takamina, coming in second. Luckily Kanata will never see anything you do as failing (plus 2nd/190 or so girls isn't failing anyways).

Nice to see the Kirara all around (I think this is the first time we've seen most of them). But honestly, if this is what they have to go through (even removing Chieri's hyperventilation fit) at General Elections... maaaaybe they should consider banning them again~ Forever this time.

Wonder what single they'll be doing.

After watching 9nine's colorful PV seventy times I'm ready for the Star Driver movie to be subbed, but of course, BD wait.

Hopefully this time we'll get subs on the Japanese BDs.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

It's fucking weird as hell, yes, but it's not wacky. Wacky is people transforming into half-animals and torturing themselves into cannons that shoot their heads out and are strong as steel or something, or reindeers that can turn into half-human things that study to be doctors and can eat gumballs that make them turn into bigger half-human half-reindeer creatures with superpowers.

Wacky is a rabbit being given a sardine tin when he asks for butter, and he opens the tin to discover a group of tiny tigers running around a palm tree inside of the tin. To which the cat who gave him the tin responds "you can use it to butter your toast, meow :D".

Shockingly, that is not something I just made up, but is in fact, from somewhere. No, I won't tell you where, because some of you might watch it some day, and I want to give you deja vu if you do.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I'm really interested in reading more stuff by Nekojiru, but nearly none of her work has been translated into English (officially or otherwise) and I don't have the money for the French editions right now.

This makes me a sad panda.

• edited 2013-02-01 12:31:42
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, the last Bleach chapter actually gave a somewhat-plausible explanation for how Kenpachi's power level has been so out of whack for the entire series. Also, these recent chapters have actually been pretty decent in general (pacing is still a little fast for week-by-week reading, but at least things happen in single chapters).

If only Ichigo had stayed cool beyond the Soul Society arc. :/

• Hey, he was also cool for the half chapter in which he was a ninja.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I didn't watch Utena, but the image of Utena's transformation into a car will forever haunt me because of a friend who did watch it.

Toonami is going to start running Soul Eater in a few weeks, should I bother watching it?

• edited 2013-02-03 15:04:50
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^It's good until the ending. I would just read the manga (which is still ongoing).

I would rather support Toonami, given the choice.

Plus half an hour a week means it won't take up much of my time.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Come to think of it, Mia (a.k.a. Mary) from Golden Sun (shown here on the left) looks a bit like Chieri from AKB0048.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ I've heard decent things about it, ending aside. You might enjoy it.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Soul Eater's pretty fun.

Soul Eater's pretty great, but the ending of the anime's pretty fucked. It deviates significantly from the manga at a certain point, and while that's great for some arcs (Chrona's story), it screws the main arc over extremely badly, as compared to the tighter focus before then.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

So more Hellsing than Fullmetal Alchemist, in other words.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Vividred Operation 03: What just happened here? This episode was actually great!

The pacing was good, the characters were developed well, Wakaba was cool, Grandplush was fun, Vividgreen was mecha-musume!

Aoi seems to be getting a bit of the shaft as "Friend of Akane", but that'll probably be fixed soon enough. Akane herself is showing the promise that Episode 1 gave us. Momo is awesome and tiny and kidnapped.

Wakaba... she's kind of unique and at the same type the typical "Strong" character. The way the episode is plotted out allowed for a nice amount of development for her.

"I'm glad we ended up in such a fun class!" Yes Aoi, if by 'fun' you mean 'extremely convenient'. I wonder how Rei's classmates feel about her.

Hakkenden : Touhou Hakken Ibun 03: Developments! Lots of them in fact.

Sousuke is the most well developed character so far, with Shino being too wrapped up in the plot and Hamaji being wrapped up in the glamour of evil bishie demon churchman. I wish they'd just show his danged transformation already.

I noticed that Anime-Koi (Who may or may not be the only group subbing this) actually had to write out two different sets of Engrish for the Faylan OP and then had to look up the official lyrics before they even figured out what the heck she was on about.

The plot itself? I like the way it's developing, not only do we now have a goal we have a nice side-plot with Kobungo's brother. Feels like it should have been two-cour though.

I actually thought that monk-man was going to die and I'm impressed at his lack of idiocy. Those dragonfly things are still nicely creepy.

Mini foxes are Naruto mini.

And I need to mention Mangirl 04, cause when all that terrible manga you drew in college comes back to haunt you...

So more Hellsing than Fullmetal Alchemist, in other words.

I guess so?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

But the fullmetal alchemist first anime wasn't really screwed badly by the alternate plot arc.

I thought Hellsing was?

• JHMJHM
    edited 2013-02-04 11:00:32
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ That was my point. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 version) is what happens when a divergent adaptation does nearly everything right; Hellsing (TV version) is what happens when it does nearly everything wrong.

I thought I wouldn't have to explain this analogy...

So, the latest Naruto chapter was released today.

And just when I thought Kishimoto had put in as many dumb elements into the Uchiha as he possibly could, he proves me wrong.

At least this one doesn't give Sasuke a power-up to match Naruto I guess.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Technically gaming news, but an anime fandom thing: ZUN will be attending Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013: http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?mact=News

^^ I thought it made as much sense as anything else in this manga. :V

Well you're wrong. >:(

Most things in the manga at least make thematic sense.

How does this not? At the very least, it's an adequate explanation for some things (e.g. why Sasuke became such a douche).