If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Care to explain? In class, so I don't really have time to look up what you're talking about.

• a little muffled
    Having not seen the show and knowing virtually nothing about it, I'm guessing someone dies.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Care to explain? In class, so I don't really have time to look up what you're talking about.

Sadlygrove dies in the finale.

However, the second season has him resurrected (to an extent, as it's more his sword, which is a demonic artifact, possessed him, and kept him alive for long enough that he could come back). After that, they didn't split up or anything, and in the end of the second season, Evangelyne actually becomes pregnant.)

• The only thing that bugged me about it was

Spoiler:
    That his death was a bit anti-climatic. Not the actual death scene (taking the shot for the loved one is classic fantasy adventure, which the show is pretty much about), but rather the fact that there's very little payoff to his training, there's not a single fight in the series in which he is less effective than this one: he barely does anything against the plant zombie, he barely does anything against Nox's robot fighters and when he finally goes into demon form while in control, he only stands to the robot for a few seconds and then gets stomped by it. And yes, I understand that his contribution was to raise the spirit of the team and push them to action even against the impossible odds, but still, they could have him at least beat someone

Still, all in all, the first season was pretty good. Will probably start the second one tomorrow, when it's finished downloading.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I can't really say much without spoiling a large chunk of Season 2, sorry. Tell me when you've got past the initial arc in Season 2, and I'll be able to comment more.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Aside from what I always complain about whenever the PV/CMs for this show come out it's starting to show a bit of promise aside from the magical girl premise.

But I liked Blood-C! Though I guess I'm not extremely excited about The Last Dark, I'm more excited for it that Chihayafuru 2.

Anyways, NIS America is being awesome again. And aside from that Uta~Kata mistake, I'm kind of looking at getting Bodacious Space Pirates, I mean Un-Go, No. 6 and Towanoquon had no problems in both DVD and BD...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Uta~Kata mistake

huh?

y helo thar insanity

Uta~Kata 03: This episode was great, both in plot relevance and it's overall theme about the have and have-nots (Not to be confused with the much larger economic gap between the rich and poor). I also like the way the characters... developed? (Can I say this when the development is that they learn but refuse to change?)

I also like the development with Ms. Kogure, who's put a very interesting twist on the "tests", manipulative in the quietest way possible. The transformation for this episode was a bit much, but the outfit was very nice.

Also, calling it now: Satsuki is the cast member whose been hurt by her father.

Uta~Kata 04: This was... an experience in and out of it's theme. The scenes where Ichika felt out of place spoke volumes (I know I've felt like that sometimes) and in the end I really liked how everything was portrayed.

I liked this episode's outfit design a lot too, but the main thing I've taken away from this series is it's ability to write scenarios that are almost scarily true to life.

I love the music in this show, the vocal pieces, separate from the OP and ED, are quite impressive.

The mythology is also really interesting and I can't wait to see more.

Final line from 04 kinda... scares me a bit...

> Uta~Kata mistake

My first DVD won't play past 3 and the second disc is just completely unreadable, I'd send it back but it probably wouldn't be worth dealing with the international bureaucracy.

Plus the back cover lies there aren't any important text messages sent in this series ever.

I'm looking to get the Basic Emotion The Best edition from Bandai Japan soon though if it continues to be this great.

• Just finished Symphogear ep 7. Sad Hibiki sounds too much like Madoka Kaname.

The more I review Uta~Kata, the more I realize just how depressing it is.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Could someone help me find something?

It was this Canada show that was SUPER Animesque, to the point where it would make your skin crawl. And the main character was a girl who wanted to be a mangaka.

> Teletoon

> Unfair treatment of Di-Gata Defenders

Woah, old wounds, I thought you'd healed already...

• And now I finished season 2, it was pretty good too, but Qilby didn't feel as good an antagonist as Nox. The series in general was pretty enjoyable, overall; good, lighthearted, comedic adventure, it reminds me a bit of Slayers.

Evangelyne actually becomes pregnant.

While this was a nice development, it's sad in the sense that it's a strong indicator that the series won't have another season (not that it needs one, but, you know).

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out when the talks of a third season died off.

That said, they are planning to continue the story of the show through comic books, so... that's something, at least. Even if it means that it'll lose the show's awesome animations.

Qilby was a weaker villain than Nox, yeah. Ultimately, I found him to be less sympathetic, too- while I originally raged at Nox, he did have his goals, and they were ultimately understandable, if warped. Qilby was just too far removed from my frame of reference to really get him.

• > Unfair treatment of Di-Gata Defenders

Woah, old wounds, I thought you'd healed already...

Uh... explain? (I think I've ever only glimpsed that show)

• edited 2013-01-11 07:45:21
    There is love everywhere, I already know

The first half was great, the second started off promising and then the entire thing was rushed to a conclusion despite series creator having planned for at least another two cours. Most of the explanations in the latter half were left out greatly confusing 11 year old fourteenwings. Rion as a character was completely destroyed and replaced with the ultimate hero of ultimate screentime stealing.

The DS and card games were released with little fanfare and either is almost impossible to find. No DVD release for the series was ever confirmed and it's practically impossible to find through any other means aside from the first cour. Last time I saw it was on local public television a year ago.

This was around the time of the Teletoon/CN unification thing and one of the best Western animation series of a long time was basically turned into forgotten collateral damage.

• I found him to be less sympathetic

I don't think there's any doubt he was more sympathetic. For one, he was driven insane by the cube, and also, as far as he knew, as long as his plan was completed, none of what he did would've mattered... hell, he did end up nullifying a lot of the damage he did, even if he only went back twenty minutes.

But I also found him more compelling as a villain, he felt more resourceful, more entertaining, and ultimately more threatening than Qilby. Though I guess it's nice to actually have the antagonist of the second arc be weaker than the one of the first one.

Also, what happened to Nox, anyway? I assumed he'd eventually die without the Eliacube, but unless that happened really fast, there's still an extremely powerful and intelligent time-mage/scientist unaccounted for somewhere.

Isn't it implied that he died after the events of the first season? I don't have the episodes on my computer to check, but I thought that's what happened.

• Well...

Spoiler:
    He certainly didn't die at the end of the battle, and I don't recall anyone mentioning his dying, I kind of assume he did, but it's just speculation

• edited 2013-01-11 23:25:19

Finally.

I can apparently eat my way into my problems with Accel World (And Sword Art Online, but that show is just downright unsaveable, sweet treats or not).

• I'm a damn twisted person

Noimporta - it's not explicitly stated but at the end towards the finale of the first season you can see Nox leaning against a rock and closing his eyes(or something akin to that visual) which is a pretty good indicator of death

Scale of 1-10 how quickly did your brain work to erase the Boufbowl episodes in the second season from memory?

• edited 2013-01-12 09:45:25

Well, they certainly were below average (and definitely much worse than the ones in season 1), but they had a few highlights: my infantile mind couldn't help but find the Grovy/Evangelion parts funny/charming.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    For me it was when the character named MMORPG showed up. All I remember after that is laughing maniacally and the rest of the episode is a total blank.
  • Also, I just learned that apparently there was going to be third season, and a movie, even. Damn it, it's like Giant Robo all over again.

• So in Jojo's this week

• edited 2013-01-13 00:53:51

Precure Let's Sparkle and Beat Stuff Up 2: Excuse Plot Overdrive Ad!

^ So it is a homoerotic avant-garde artpiece :P

• Anyone here seen gdgd Fairies? I'm only at four episodes, but the chat segments are amusing, despite (or maybe because) the topics being discussed are pretty basic. The lying next ep previews are... kinda weak, but I guess if they pick less big-name stuff to reference, I'd get lost.