If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...the titular cute little sister's hair is dyed?

...well, that would make sense.

Just watched Lagrange ep 7.  The good: Lots of really touching scenes and great dramatic sense.  The bad: yuri subtext up the wazoo, and the fanservice seems about to boil over.

• a little muffled

Oh hey, I watched the first episode of that show when it came out and then forgot about it. Is it worth watching? First episode wasn't bad if I remember correctly.

• Kichigai birthday!!

>Calling yuri subtext bad in this forum

Are you wanna die

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^No, not really. That show really bored me.

It seems reasonably interesting so far, but there are 12 episodes in the first season/series, and I will withhold judgement until I finish it.

>Calling yuri subtext bad in this forum

Are you wanna die

BRING IT!

/me spams the taunt button

• So, I started watching Wakfu (yes, I know, but I didn't see a general cartoons thread).

It's fun, and its animation is pretty damn good, if a bit too fluid from time to time. Kabrok is awesome, by the way, even if he's just a one-time character.

• ^^No, not really. That show really bored me.

I remember feeling a bit bored with Lagrange, although I've only seen the first season. The supporting cast really felt more interesting than the leads were, and since it was only a single-cour season, there wasn't much in the way of fun stuff with the side characters.

Also, found a Madoka Magica fanvid using the Symphogear OP, and somehow that helps the song grow on me even though it still doesn't endear to me as much as Connect did. I do like Symphogear's ending theme, though. The ending animation feels vaguely reminiscent of Magia.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Funny, I always liked Syncrogazer more than Connect, since I feel it's more solidly built as a song /MizukiNanaBias

I always thought the ending theme for Symphogear shows all the various Valkyries that have lived through the ages, so yeah, sort of Magia-ey despite not using the main protagonist.

About the video: It's so... insane. The best kind of insane.

Lagrange: I enjoyed both seasons, but not to the extent that I wish I had.

@_@

yukari_dumbfounded.png

• edited 2013-01-07 15:05:58

Continuing from previous post: I did at least like the opening theme for Lagrange, and I could buy Madoka's character as heroic (albeit in a somewhat boring manner) so it's better than say, the Linebarrels of Iron anime was. Then again, Linebarrels' humor, while immature, did not have anybody molesting someone, at least.

@ video: Did they mean stoned cat? 'cos, a more "this was totally made on drugs"-sounding title would make it more intriguing... possibly.

• JHMJHM
    edited 2013-01-07 16:56:04
    Here, There, Everywhere

@Nyktos needing to watch lain: You do. You really do. You really, really do.

Ooooh... This seems important.

Oh, and Xmonogatari confirmed for summer.

@Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat:... Hopefully?

• ^ How is regular cotsume!Madoka existing next to epilogue!Homura?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Because Godoka has transcended her earthly mortal existence.

• Still, regular Madoka never actually existed, thanks to the whole "rewrite reality" thing.

• You can change. You can.

I think you might be taking promo art too seriously

• I'm a damn twisted person

Better question - how is Madoka cuddling with herself?

• You can change. You can.

If you were a goddess, wouldn't you do that

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I would be more into cuddling with the other girls first.

• edited 2013-01-08 04:56:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The Madoka up top kinda reminds me of one of Ichika Tachibana's costumes.

• edited 2013-01-08 06:33:42
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I think you might be taking promo art too seriously

But there's nothing else to do until the movie comes out/Winter 2013 starts properly.

And this seems more important than reminding people that they can get both Madoka and Godoka figmas.

• edited 2013-01-08 10:35:12

^ I'm fine with having just one version of Madoka, actually.

Come to think of it, Madoka's one of the few characters with more than two Figmas (regular, school uniform, Ultimate). The only other ones that I can think of are a few Haruhi characters and Saber. I guess Kyubey shows up as an accessory for like, three figures, but he's just that.

edit: oh yeah, there's quite a few for Nanoha and Fate. Or there will be.

• Come to think of it, Madoka's one of the few characters with more than two Figmas (regular, school uniform, Ultimate). The only other ones that I can think of are a few Haruhi characters and Saber.

And Hatsune Miku and Black Rock Shooter.  And Billy Herrington, weirdly.

• edited 2013-01-08 12:21:26

Forgot about BRS and Miku. Didn't know about Billy Herrington. What's the most complete cast they've made as Figma, anyway? Best I can think of is Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, considering they made all thirteen Riders.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Man, I want a Billy figma

• a little muffled

No, but I'm not really surprised.

• I did.

Also, finishing Wakfu's first season, I start thinking "Huh, a resolved romantic subplot between main characters, I wonder how they'll deal with it...

... oh, right, like that."