If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

>find out living room is occupied by sleeping hairy Frenchmen

I hate it when that happens.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well I said something.

You guys questioned what you perceived as flaws in my statement.

I responded.

You responded back.

That is how my arguments tend to go, yes. Otherwise, you end up with people just yelling random things at each other.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Admittedly, those arguments can be kind of fun sometimes.

• Definitely not gay.

Otherwise, you end up with people just yelling random things at each other.

Or everyone agreeing with you.

Which is kind of boring when you think about it.

I don't think it's an argument if everyone is in agreement.

It can be, if people misread each other's points.

No, then it's just stupid.

Still an argument~

• edited 2012-11-09 09:58:01
    Definitely not gay.

It's kind of like arguing in an echo chamber when you're the only one in it though.

No, an argument requires contention/discussion of opposing viewpoints, etc. If everyone's agreeing with each other, it's not an argument.

Anyway, my father's coming down to visit in like... ten hours. .-.

Yes but if you assume X thinks Y rather than Z (Y being an opposing viewpoint and Z being a concurring one) then they will fight that Y-thinking* bitch, I can assure you.

*Except they aren''t Y-thinking, but that isn't really the point.

E.G: 75% of any Alex and Malk argument.

Yeah, but then they are arguing about their viewpoints still. They aren't agreeing with each other- while they would be, they aren't.

So I just got off the phone with my dad and he suggested for me to do a documentary on Obama based on the idea that he's not "fundamentally black" because of his multi-racial anscestry and that he's a educated individual .

I pretty much told him he was being racist (But politely) he...actually took it all too well. 

Almost as if you could discuss such matters and correct other people without having to resort to petty namecalling or general asshole-tastic attitudes.

Almost as if arguments didn't have to be vitriolic, huh.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was about to respond to that post with "Mozart" and I can't remember why. 

But yeah, it's amazing what headway you can make with people if you don't behave aggressively and put them down for it. In fact, it's pretty much the only way to make general social progression when it comes to matters like this, because people on the defensive will make excuses for themselves that support their perspectives. Not that knowing this makes it any less awkward to essentially point out that someone is being racist, a rape apologist or something of the sort. 

In related news, Australia has the largest population of Greek and Greek-blooded people outside of Greece itself and the fascist Golden Dawn party is looking to open shop here. I daresay a fair deal of patriotic but misinformed Australian Greeks are going to cry racism when someone points out that the Golden Dawn are, in fact, fascists and we don't want them here. 

At least we can probably safely say they won't get our police on side so easily.

• The homestuck kickstarter got 2.5 millions while a project backed by David Fincher is struggling to get 400K... this is weird, but not unexpected. I want to say that the fact that David Fincher can't shell out that much money is weird too, but I really have no clue of how much a director makes (as a director, not a producer).

• Definitely not gay.

The homestuck kickstarter got 2.5 millions

Dear jegus, that hit a record.

No, Project Eternity got nearly 1.5 million more. Homestuck is only number 8 on that list.

but I really have no clue of how much a director makes

Depends on the contract they sign. Most just get paid for the job, but if you're good or reknown, you normally get a revenue percentage. 

The thing that bothers me is that I am pretty sure Fincher gets revenue percentages. I mean, he's pretty famous (For a director whose career didn't start in the 70s, anyway)

• Definitely not gay.

Homestuck is only number 8 on that list.

Ooh, really?

People shore do like spending money on Kickstarters.

Additionally, that isn't a very lucky number.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Why is 8 not a very lucky number?

o/` Turn it on its side and it's a symbol for...infinity. o/`

@fourteenwings: You're a homestuck fan?  If so, there's finally once difference between us!

No, he doesn't like Homestuck at all. Much like me.

• edited 2012-11-09 11:34:57
    Definitely not gay.

Within the Homestuck circle, it has specific...connotations.

Let's leave it at that let's leave it at that let's leave it at that PLEASE let's leave it at that

• There is love everywhere, I already know

You're a homestuck fan?  If so, there's finally once difference between us!

Accept it gmh, eventually we're going to just merge into one symbiotic being of similar interests.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

There are eight colours of magic, so it has magical properties. Due to this, wizards tend to avoid using it as much as possible; in a wizardly dormitory, for instance, there will never be a "room 8" -- there will be a "room 7a". Likewise, in mathematical expressions, formulas and equations, the standard is to replace any instance of 8 with (2*4). Wizards will never travel in groups of eight unless forced to by necessity, and god help you if you serve a wizard eight potatoes at dinner time.   

• edited 2012-11-09 11:54:06
    Definitely not gay.

^ lol

Thanks, man.

• Definitely not gay.

I actually kind of like the idea of Jones being an unexplained factor in GC.