If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    god damn it

This dorm is way too fucking hot. It's gonna be a rough night.
  • edited 2012-07-19 23:37:19

^Me my first two years of college basically.

Then, air conditioning.

This coming year, also air conditioning...under the control of the guy in the room next to mine, and there's only a one in five chance he's my awesome freshman roommate as opposed to a total stranger.

(I got dumped from the waitlist into a suite that happened to contain my freshman roommate, one due whose name I recognized because he ran for student union president, and three complete strangers. The dorm is from 1987 and kind of primitive as hell: The climate ducts each serve two rooms at a time and only one in each pair has controls. Also, my room is 80 square feet.)

I'm really sorry I took your misfortune and made it about me. Do you have any sort of fan at all you can use?

• They're somethin' else.

I've really gotta know how to add flavor to beans when I cook them >:/

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Nope. Wasn't smart enough to bring one.

At least it's only for one night.

plot twist: the people who run the NU.in program are secretly cannibals who lure students in with the promise of world travel, then cook them in their sleep at orientation to feed

(the dorms are just giant ovens)
  • edited 2012-07-20 00:18:09
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Not to poke too much into your personal life, but wouldn't those same counterproductive qualities make working other jobs harder too?"

Yep. Luckily, I realize that this is kind of a big problem, and assuming I can't set something up sooner, I'll definitely arrange to see a counselor at college.

Speaking of healthy behaviors, I've spent most of the evening/night sleeping, which sort of surprises me, since I'm not particularly begrieved by my decision - didn't cry after my shift this time or anything, since I realize this is the right decision.
  • >get into convo with cute gal at frat

>turns out she published a bundle of short stories, one based on a reworking of a Simple Plan bandfic she wrote will she was 15

>later into the eve a panic attack cos she's lost her cell

>spends so long searching for it that she misses the last train home

>offer couch to crash on, she spends the entire route home crying because she's drunk and daddy had alcohol problems and she now assumes she has disappointed mommy

>snivels the entire night, hardly get any sleep cos of it

>she's sobered up from shamefur dispray, have breakfast

>roomie returns from vacation to see gal with a puffy cry-face on couch, probably assumes it's morning-after regret

>she's about to go home, checks bag, finds her cell

Well, at least I got a laugh and about a month's worth of pasta out of the ordeal.

• I'm a damn twisted person

How did any of that lead to you getting a month's worth of pasta?

• Definitely not gay.

OK, Homestuck fandom.

What the hell is a "gillfrond"?

• a little muffled

What you get when you turn the king of fairies into a fish.

• Definitely not gay.

Sounds just as weird.

• Feftalk for 'girlfriend'.

• Definitely not gay.

Oh, OK.

"If you miss ten classes/assignments, you are obviously a terrorist."

-UK Border Agency
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Wut.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Uhh . . .

@ Insanityaddict:

All of my laughs. All of them.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Insanity Addict - heh, I'll have to remember that for a punchline to some bullshit story I tell as a joke.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

>get into convo with cute gal at frat

>turns out she published a bundle of short stories, one based on a reworking of a Simple Plan bandfic she wrote will she was 15

>later into the eve a panic attack cos she's lost her cell

>spends so long searching for it that she misses the last train home

>offer couch to crash on, she spends the entire route home crying because she's drunk and daddy had alcohol problems and she now assumes she has disappointed mommy

>snivels the entire night, hardly get any sleep cos of it

>she's sobered up from shamefur dispray, have breakfast

>roomie returns from vacation, opens the door

>gal with puffy cry-face on couch rolls off couch onto floor

>everybody walk the dinosaur

• >implying the story was bullshit

Sadly, the only thing I dick around with in this type of anecdote is the order of events if it suits comic timing or story flow better-she actually found the cell before she went to bed instead of next morning.

Moral: whenever someone tries to entertain others by making fun of how emo/awkward teen-self was, run for the hills. With the right trigger, these issues will pour out in a tsunami of meatballs and marina sauce.

Your spaghetti is delicious.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    /jp/ was eliminated from the 4chan cup ;_; Now I only have /d/, /co/, /toy/ and /int/ to support

?

• Kichigai birthday!!
    People make a PES team for each board in 4chan, (players are memes from each board and stuff) and put them in AI vs AI matches.

It's quite entertaining actually
  • Hey there, droogs. We're doing an RP over at BTL, and would love to have some of you join us, don't you know.

Anybody interested?

Hmm. Of what?

• edited 2012-07-20 16:15:47
    I'm a damn twisted person
    IA - sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you story was made up. I meant I wanted to start using the spaghetti punchline to say " don't worry, the story I just told was bullshit. It's okay to laugh."

Having watched the Michelle Jenneke video, I'm actually not as impressed by how "OMG HAWT" the thing is, but by how much confidence the whole thing displays. Good for her.

Wut.

At orientation, the guy was talking about how if we have 10 unexcused absences, we get deported, and how it was kind of the same kind of overreaction to 9/11 as the stupid amounts of airport security we have here.

The logic apparently being "If they aren't here to do school stuff, they must be up to no good".
  • Has friends besides tanks now

^ Aaaaah.