If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

It was obvious squirrels are evil. They killed our squirrels. :|

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

We are the dolphins of the land.

• You can change. You can.

the dolphins are the dolphins of the dolphins

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    So I just met a professor I don't exactly have the best relationship with on the bus.

Awkward...

i've been very close to that feel but i've always been quick enough to avoid it

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "You wouldn't dare."

You're right. . . . I only put in 3.

• Dali and Disney. You know what you're gonna get into.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Man, Madass Alex hasn't been posting for a while now. I guess the dragon and witch slaying is very time-consuming.

dRoy's wondering why he's not seeing Alex on 'Tropes anymore. 

• He's got a theory. It could be witches.

Alex's a Meguca

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I should really get back to that thread. Fact of the matter is that I'm not finding much reason to be on TVT at the moment. I still like a bunch of people there, especially the swordbros in the fencing thread -- but that thread and those people, barring a few other outlying examples, are the only things that would keep me there. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Fencing huh?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You can make that fechmeister alignment poster BTW.

that's how i felt when Burger King got to Barranquilla.

• edited 2012-07-18 19:19:49
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^^ In technical terms, all swordplay is fencing, from sport to killing a dude with a length of sharpened iron. Originally, "fencing" was a shortened (or proper, not sure) form of "defense", referring to all combat but especially that carried out with any weapon. As time has passed, it eventually moved from "all fighting" to "weapons combat" to "sword fighting" and, finally, to "sword fighting in the context of European sporting". 

^^^ I has no photoshops. Also, I has small list of non-German historical fencers in my head. But it might go something like this:

• Lawful Good: Liechtenauer (the "law" of the art is contextualised by him, and his poem also suggests that he holds a moral code both compassionate and consistent with good Christian conduct of the time)

• Neutral Good: Talhoffer (he seems like the most overtly compassionate and humanitarian of the fightmasters, but he's "neutral" rather than "lawful" because of his particular fondness for the company of good-looking women, which suggests some of his conduct could be considered less than Christian)

• Chaotic Good: Ringeck ("chaotic" because his text opened up the art to a wider audience, going against the wisdom of the time)

• Lawful Neutral: Silver (to the best of my memory, Silver doesn't write on proper gentlemanly conduct or the proper application of violence, being content to stick with the technicalities and principles of swordplay. As a knight, however, his position is inherently lawful)

• True Neutral: The "Tower Priest" (again, mostly technical stuff. I say "neutral" this time, though, because while being a priest -- and therefore "lawful" -- he is also depicted teaching a female student and, as a priest, may have provided his services to those without significant wealth or those under the social status of noble)

• Chaotic Neutral: The four authors of the Doebringer manuscript (uniquely, it contains instructions for magical spells and alchemy. Also, dental hygiene. In any case, there's not a whole lot of philosophy or moral guidance, just instructions on how to kill while remaining safe. Also, magic and alchemy)

• Lawful Evil: Fiore (seems pretty full of himself and delights in writing badass metaphors for slappin' a bitch, such as "you will place a blood sign upon him" in reference to making a successful cut. Possibly the only author to take so much delight in their own capacity for violence)

• Neutral Evil: ???

• Chaotic Evil: ???

• edited 2012-07-18 19:22:35

Computer won't boot up.  System files are corrupted or missing.  This is annoying.  It may interfere with my ability to watch the K-ON! movie once subs show up for it.

• Today at work

• Co-worker: So what are you doing on your day off?

• Me: Gonna see The Dark Knight Rises with some friends.

• Co-worker: Ohmigod! I'm like the biggest Batman fan ever. You have no idea.

• Me: Oh, you read the comics?

• Co-worker: They still make Batman comics?

• Me: ....

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Sound of Noise is a 2010 Swedish-French comedy-crime film written and directed by Ola Simonsson and Johannes Stjärne Nilsson. It tells the story of a group of musicians who illegally perform music on objects in the various institutions of a city.

This is the best possible premise for a movie, ever.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Hey everyone, I found the world's greatest music video (NSFW)

• No rainbow star

I just finished watching the fourth episode of The Walking Dead

My question is:

So they have been a group for a month, yet NOBODY thought of cutting down some trees to make some walls in order to get some protection and create choke points?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM: this video starts off funny, but then proceeds to really overstay its welcome.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    going to Boston for orientation

fuck yeah
  • edited 2012-07-19 06:44:52
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

@Alex: I did mine in MS Paint, you have no excuse.

--edit--

In social justice news of today, any of you heard of the German Jugendamt?

• edited 2012-07-19 10:50:48
    Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, yeah, just remembered that SA has a fashion and fitness forum.

Hell yeah!

• At this rate, Ica is probably going to get much further than me (me of the refusing to download things illegally persuasion) in Walking Dead.

I enjoyed the first season, but mainly because I tend to use the MST3K mantra on basically anything by default.

Also, my real estate thread is coming back, I swear.

• edited 2012-07-19 10:54:28
    Has friends besides tanks now

I honked at someone for the first time a few minutes ago. They were hovering around 20-22 in a 30 zone (which I generally go through at 35-37 with no issues, on account of it's literally a straight stretch of road unless you're turning somewhere, with a couple of road lights), so I think it was justified. I was a little surprised that they pulled over when I honked at them, though; maybe they were lost or something.

• I think it's weird how you Americans go on about how high above the speed limit you should be going. In Scotland, the speed limit is the speed limit. It's the absolute maximum you should be traveling on that stretch of road and it's not supposed to be taken as a challenge either.

• My dad regards the speed limit as something that should always be traveled at or exceeded under normal conditions, and that anyone who's going below it who isn't lost or physically handicapped is an idiot/asshole/whatever. Then again, my dad is a bit of a volatile driver. 

But like, for example, in my area the speed limit on many big interstate highways is 55. But nobody, nobody who is capable of going faster follows that. My dad's preferred cruising speed on all major highways is 72 MPH, fast enough to make good time but not so fast that the police will take issue with it.

The driving instructors here preach very rigid following of speed limits to their students because flouting the speed limit throughout one's license test is one of many ways to fail, but they also don't encourage driving a ways below the speed limit once you're comfortable with driving. They always say again and again how going too slow can be unsafe most of the time.