If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I made my tumblr to follow my friends and a few other blogs, rather than for self-expression. I've been feeling a bit bad about not generating a lot of content of my own (I occasionally take pictures when I'm around town and post them, that's about it); maybe I should change that.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Just posted to my livejournal.

• You can change. You can.

Also I entirely forgot that Banderas is from Spain. >_>

• edited 2012-07-17 00:46:09
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I like tumblr, it allows me to see funny content without having to look for it. But I don't think I'll make one, I have a far too unpolished criteria and maturity and using it to repost only would defeat the point of having one.

Also I entirely forgot that Banderas is from Spain. >_>

I think that was part of the joke.

Could be.

Coulson be even.

• Applying for a job, one of my last few jobs was a temp job as a ballot counter. Suddenly I'm tempted to put "Counted all the ballots" as the reason for leaving (which is basically correct, except it implies that I did it by myself).

"Ballot tabulation process concluded"?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Go with "ran out of ballots." That technically doesn't imply that you counted all of them yourself.

• I hate thunderstorms. 

• I just put "temp job". 

I want to use Glenn's next time, but there's no way to make them read it in GLaDOS' voice like I just did.

Also the job I applied for is in Antarctica. Because YOLO.

Not sure if serious. If so, that's awesome.

bitching

steal a penguin for me, k?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Today at work

• Co-worker: So what are you doing on your day off?

• Me: Gonna see The Dark Knight Rises with some friends.

• Co-worker: Ohmigod! I'm like the biggest Batman fan ever. You have no idea.

• Me: Oh, you read the comics?

• Co-worker: They still make Batman comics?

• Me: ....

I really wish I wasn't able to believe that.

Story of my life right there chum

on the other hand, you get to lend people comics and see their "WTF faces" when they see Bat-Mite

ok so lending RIP might not be my brightest idea

but i do not regret it

• Ugh, someone I know just wrote an allcaps tumblr post complaining about how the ex he's been obsessing over didn't tell him she's in a relationship. (The first word of which was "bitch", of course)

Not sure if I should point out there's probably a good reason for that, or if I should just get tumblr savior and block his personal stuff tag (and start making transparent attempts to change the conversation if it comes up in person, I guess).

ignore and be awkward as fuck like a normal person

• Sounds like a plan!

The best kind of plan.

So, Peep Show continues to be really cool, although I have some issues with the Racist episode

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay, I've finished up to the end of Misguided Miscreants in Samurai Champloo now. Episode 14.

I'm... really not sure why everyone considers Mugen so cool for doing what he did there.

• Definitely not gay.

Haven, are you still there?

• @Eelektross Haven is asleep right now.

• Definitely not gay.

oh

• Godfrickingdamnit I had a post in the works but I lost it because I was stupid. So I try again.

I go to work like usual. Can goof off on internet like usual. Except all of tumblr is blocked by a firewall/filter/whatever that wasn't there last week. It cites "mature content" as reason. Wasn't trying to go to one with mature content, in case you were wondering. 

Disclaimer: I do not have a tumblr. I "follow" several by having them bookmarked in a folder and checking them manually. I have chosen not to get tumblr because I have enough trouble keeping my internet life under control as it is without one, and because I'm barely sure what I'd do with it. I think it would be overwhelming and really only useful as a way to communicate with the few friends who already have tumblr.

• a little muffled

I got a Tumblr account entirely to ask Mark Rosewater questions.

• edited 2012-07-17 11:23:52
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Okay, I've finished up to the end of Misguided Miscreants in Samurai Champloo now. Episode 14.

I'm... really not sure why everyone considers Mugen so cool for doing what he did there."

What happened in that one, again? Also, this should technically be in the anime/manga thread.

In other news, I need to stop waking up so late.

I'm sleeping earlier and waking up earlier.

What's going on?

• This is who be blockin' my tumblr access. Or at least, who made the software that's doing it. 

I don't get it. Sometime between last Wednesday and today, someone decided to put up a filtering software and set it to block tumblr? Why would they suddenly feel that need?

Uh, I don't suppose any of this means someone is monitoring my internet activity, right?

• People thought what Mugen did at the end was really cool? O_O

• edited 2012-07-17 11:59:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So we bought this laptop cooling fan pad thing.

We already have one, but that's not going to stop us from snatching up a really ghetto but working one for $5.  I mean, between three people we have five computer mouses (mice?).

The old one is completely enclosed in plastic casing.  The wire plugs into a USB port, and you have this nice platform on which you place your computer.

The new one is basically all exposed metal, and built to provide an incline, not a flat parallel surface.  Well, the old one is too but this is far more noticeable.  There are pads on the top where you'd put your computer, but on the bottom, there's a pad at the front but not at the back--so you have this metal bar that is pretty much guaranteed to scratch up any wooden surface.  We might wanna find something to put on it...

But that's not the oddest thing.  This new one plugs into a USB port, and the other end of the power cable goes into a USB port on the pad.  Actually, make that one of two.  There are TWO USB ports on the pad.  Plugging the cable into either and turning on the unit works just fine--both fans are activated either way.  Why the heck there are two USB ports on the pad remains a mystery.

A cool thing about this new one, on the other hand, is that it has an on-off switch.  The old one doesn't.