If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-06-20 06:27:00
    Diet NEET

Can we expect in influx of those BTL folks over here?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I hope not.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Just left some parting words at BTL, as inspired by Juan. 

I miss Anne at time like this. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I may not be able to delete my account there, but I sure can prevent myself from ever logging in again~

• If I had paid more attention to this forum lately, I suspect I would have permanently banned Martello, Nautatrol Rx and Barkey. They may be part of the reason why Nova and CA haven’t visited this place lately, and their dismissal of Flyboy as a whiny teenager is really just repugnant.

Ah, well, that’s really the less flattering thing that has tipped me over to not hosting the forum any more.

From Nils on BTL.

hey may be part of the reason why Nova and CA haven’t visited this place lately

yes

• edited 2012-06-20 09:15:19
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I banned Nautatrol. I just couldn't put up with his shit anymore.

I don't even know what his deal was.

• Frankly I don't even want to...

Wait, yes I do. Since I put him on ignore I'm kind of curious about what finally got you to ban him.

• edited 2012-06-20 14:31:17
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Some shit in the Sex/Gender thread, i.e. trolling.

I read that. Geh.

Anyway, I'm up at half past midnight readingPokemon LP's. My life is hell; good thing I'll be going back to work on Monday.

Night.

• Just as well I didn't go back in there then. 

Was it right of me to deal with the shit that was stirred up last night by stepping away, even though I initially made it seem like I was willing to argue with Martello? That was impulsive of me, and I've since committed to just flat-out stepping back. 

Now for probably the dumbest, most paranoid thing I've said thus far: Do you think that banning these sorts of people is going to make them target us or something? Like trolling or gathering information or something? 

Even after all this, I still think pretty highly of Martello and Barkey. Better than I do of Rx, certainly. It's just harder to deal with the way certain people act when they direct it right at you.

• To get our minds off of this, Pixar does Animal House.

• Definitely not gay.

This entire thing got me thinking: what if FE was a goon?

As in, what if FE, for some reason, decided to become an SA member and somehow managed to avoid getting banned or probated before this entire shitfest started?

• You can change. You can.

I wake up to find stupidity all around me.

ah well, now that things are done, I'm ok with my role in it.

Also, mad props to Alex. I really liked your parting words, so to speak.

Thank you, Juan. I take the privileges of martial training and weapons use very seriously, no matter the era, and few things are as infuriating to me as someone hiding behind those things to excuse their conduct or attitudes. Martello is one such person, and it seems BTL has picked up a couple of likeminded soldiers who are happy to reinforce the military US military echo chamber. 

• Alex, where did you post this thing?

• edited 2012-06-20 11:42:14
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

New Where the Hell is Matt video. Hell yes.

Mostly not as good as the 2008 one, but still good.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I somehow read that as "Hell is MIT".

^^^ Unfettered Feedback. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Hmmmmm

• Well that was interesting. Yeah, Martello does baffle me a bit. I respect him to a point for having made it that far in the army, but sometimes the way he acts seems awfully at odds with what I'd expect from his station.

I get this feeling that to him the internet is entirely a place to not be taken seriously. Perhaps it's a contrast to his real life, or a way to relax from it? If so, he's certainly got an odd way of being chill/non-serious. 

I just don't know what to think of someone who launches some serious insults and then just hides behind a bunch of gifs and emotes in response. 

• edited 2012-06-20 12:11:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I'm not so sure. Tuefel (who's also in the military) once said that he was frustrated that right-wing nutters, and general assholes like Martello, were the ones that got promoted and decent folks didn't.

And really, at this point, Martello seems to be trying way too hard to get "goon cred" more than anything.

• edited 2012-06-20 12:10:48
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Bullying people over the internet is something I would consider below any leader in a military body. Especially when most of those people are teenagers who have lost their way. It's absolutely pathetic in my eyes. Whether he thinks about it or not, he's dealing with real people with real problems, and his solution can only serve to alienate them further and push them deeper into their own echo chamber social groups. Essentially, his behaviour is having a directly contrary effect to the desired outcome, and while that would be forgivable as an honest mistake, he's made it clear that he doesn't care about any of that -- he's doing what he's doing for kicks. 

^ One of the solutions to that is enlisting as an officer. In some ways the training is harder and you're held to higher standards, but you enter with the station of Lieutenant. 

With a speed that seemed fast enough to reach the deep blue sky!
    I ran without knowing where it would lead me!

I sometimes love anime opening lyrics for this kind of thing.

• edited 2012-06-20 12:11:42
    You can change. You can.

I find it amusing how easily you can describe most of BTL's problems with "People who act a lot like goons"

^Cheesy lyrics are the best.

• edited 2012-06-20 12:12:15

^^ That could be from absolutely any anime ever since they all have near-identical lyrics, but nevertheless it seems familiar (or as familiar as translated jpop/rock lyrics could ever be).  What's that from?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    There is a dove nesting in a hanging flowerpot right outside my daf's office door. Really pretty. I'll post photos when possible.

Shiny Tale by Mix speaker Inc.

Opening to Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

"Daily Lives of Highschool Boys"

Know in some parts of the internet as NichiBROS. It's a good slice of life, and even lampoons K-On! and other anime that show female characters in overly cute lights. 

• Definitely not gay.

Our world's about to break...

Oh god no.