If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

ahkuy.gif

WQSvk.gif

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

-clicks on IJBMer Updates-

Wait, what, why am I in the images thread?

-scrolls up-

Huh?

I'm so confused.

• So I downloaded Lair of the Shadow Broker, and played through the Ilium bit (which was pretty exciting); hopefully now every financial transaction I make I won't mentally compare to Bioware DLC. (I'm not exactly sure how my general neuroticness got that specific.)

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Just came out of Avengers. Surprising no one I loved the shit out of it. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a movie.
  • Someone invited me to see it tonight; too bad I have to be up early tomorrow (probably going to bed after this post, even).

• Think of the Captain America movie as a whole as a remake of the Rocketeer without a jetpack.

That's another reason I love it so, to be honest. Good-old-fashioned pulp-radio adventures with thrilling action, glamorous dames, bold heroes, nefarious villainy, and a good dollop of over-the-top not-really-all-that-serious propaganda.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Arkham City is half price on Steam. Yay.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Another thing to go on my birthday wishlist, I guess.

• I'm a damn twisted person

So got back from the midnight release of the Avengers. So many dudebros in costumes in the theater, so bluh facepalming. That said the movie was hella fun. Seriously, it is everything I ever wanted in a superhero movie, and it felt like a plot right out of the comics. Tony Stark stole the show when he opened his mouth. Hulk stole the show when he was in the scene.

The one thing that had my griping in the movie was Hawkeye and his archery. For first off, it's the goddamn 21st century. He has no flipping reason to be using a recurve bow for the kind of shit he does, he wants a compound bow since well better accuracy, power and range.  And inconsistent draw lengths. The fuck guys, finding the nocking point and pulling back to your cheek isn't exactly hard to imitate!

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

I really look forward to Lollipop Chainsaw. Not just because it's a game by Suda51 where you play a girl in skimpy clothing, whose color scheme reminds me of Twilight Sparkle (the VA doesn't help), and kill zombies with a chainsaw, which then practically bleed glitter and rainbows (at least, that's my impression from what I heard), but also because of the name.

Yeah, I really look forward to go to training one day and say to my peers "Hey, I bought Lollipop Chainsaw yesterday!"

• Ended up not watching Darker than Black because I don't know why.  I'll probably watch it at some point though.

I did watch Hidan no Aria, which was phenomenally stupid.  Though it was at least pretty fun, ignoring the total lack of resolution (because leaving things open for a sequel that'll never happen, I guess).  Rie Kugimiya is always nice to hear, even if Aria was kind of a really boring character.

Also watched the first 6 episodes of Last Exile, which... I'm liking so far, though it certainly seems like it takes a while to get going...

And the first few episodes of Dance in the Vampire Bund.  Which is apparently uncensored on Netflix, which made things slightly awkward since I was watching it with my friends when suddenly, extended loli nude scene.  It's very SHAFT-y though, which is always fun.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The one thing that had my griping in the movie was Hawkeye and his archery. For first off, it's the goddamn 21st century. He has no flipping reason to be using a recurve bow for the kind of shit he does, he wants a compound bow since well better accuracy, power and range.  And inconsistent draw lengths. The fuck guys, finding the nocking point and pulling back to your cheek isn't exactly hard to imitate!

And then Alkthash was the Madass demons 

• Element Hunters is actually making me curious about chemistry.  I spent some time looking up silicon carbide only because it showed up in the end credits of one episode.

That's kind of like how Initial D made me curious about cars.  Though my curiosity was extremely short-lived, I suppose.

Also I just looked up Element Hunters and that is the silliest premise for a show.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Thus far, there is only one line in "Howl" that I understand:

who loned it through the streets of Idaho seeking visionary indian angels who were visionary indian angels,
  • edited 2012-05-04 10:29:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Element Hunters is surprisingly good for such a stupid premise.  Rich in characterization, drama, and good pacing so far (13 of 39 episodes).  Just don't expect higher-level chemistry topics (such as stoichiometry and reaction kinetics) to be respected.

I spent the last night going (spoiler)

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

You know, I saw Element Hunters described on anime sites that season, but didn't bother with it because I was too busy watching Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. I think I might give it a try...

watching Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Wouldn't recommend that. The anime is not only not as good as the VN, but the second half of it isn't going to happen.

• edited 2012-05-04 10:52:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, also, Ren (the male lead in EH) is rather annoying.  At least, for these first 13 episodes.  I think that's going to change veeery quickly, based on the events of episode 13.  At least, I damn well hope he will.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It would be damn great if my buying life insurance got me a free complete set of all editions of AD&D.

But nooooo, it has to be accidental dungeons and dragons advanced death and dragons advanced dungeons and dismemberment accidental death and dragons accidental dungeons and dismemberment advanced death and dismemberment accidental death and dismemberment.

Wouldn't recommend that. The anime is not only not as good as the VN, but the second half of it isn't going to happen.

No, see, I already watched it while it was airing, which was during the same season that Element Hunters was airing.

Oh.

-facepalms-

I feel stupid now >.>

• You can change. You can.

what i'm trying to understand is how you misread that, inuh

how

By being very, very sleep-deprived.

• edited 2012-05-04 11:08:03
    a little muffled

@vandro:

To me, the weakest of the films is The Incredible Hulk, which is ironically my favorite, it is way more subdued than the others.
    Seems to be a fairly common viewpoint; it's definitely weaker than either of the Iron Man movies, but overall it was better put together and more entertaining than Thor was in my opinion.

@Kraken:

Think of the Captain America movie as a whole as a remake of the Rocketeer without a jetpack.
    Well, if that's a reasonable description I'll probably enjoy it. Most likely I'll watch it tomorrow as tonight is family movie night.

hey

hey

i need someone who can identify the font in a picture for me

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

calling @centralavenue and @anonus

• You can change. You can.

>Get paid

>First thing mom tells me "Ok, so now you are paying the Avengers tickets, right?"

oh money, i hate to leave you like this, but it's for a good cause!

• I'm a damn twisted person

And then Alkthash was the Madass demons 

And then Alkthash was the guy who knew there were some trivially easy things for them to do to make the archery not look like bullshit.  Plus, I only wrote a paragraph.

That said I'm kinda laughing at this week's issue of AV club where they list off 6 Avengers characters unlikely to appear in film. Particularly the quote for Dr. Druid "We just don't think America is ready for an openly pagan superhero".

And I'm all "Guys, guys, Thor?! Being the freaking Norse god of Thunder is about as pagan as you can get. Even if they do play up the space viking angle."