If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I can't imagine living in a car. Too little space, none of the pleasure of just really stretching out in a consistent, stable environment. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Oof... Yes, I'll admit that does make things a bit complicated.

And hey, that's not even getting into issues such as, what will you do for showers in summer, when it's really hot and you get all sweaty?

With a bit of luck, I'll learn how to fix a car by myself before I start living in one.

That only helps so much. You still might need to order in parts, etc, to get it fixed. And what do you do if you, say, hit a kangaroo, and it shatters your windshield?

• edited 2012-04-19 05:10:45
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

And hey, that's not even getting into issues such as, what will you do for showers in summer, when it's really hot and you get all sweaty?

Ah, that too. It doesn't matter if I like guys; I don't wanna have to go to one of those gay bathhouses just to get cleaned up.

That only helps so much. You still might need to order in parts, etc, to get it fixed. And what do you do if you, say, hit a kangaroo, and it shatters your windshield?

If I can work out the lifestyle properly, I should have the kind of money I'll need for any spare car parts. Even to get them delivered directly to me.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ah, that too. It doesn't matter if I like guys; I don't wanna have to go to one of those gay bathhouses just to get cleaned up.

And that doesn't even speak of, say, cleaning your clothes.

If I can work out the lifestyle properly, I should have the kind of money I'll need for any spare car parts. Even to get them delivered directly to me.

Even if you're hundreds of kilometres away from a town?

If I understand correctly, you're not planning to stay within city limits, yes?

• edited 2012-04-19 05:23:18

And that doesn't even speak of, say, cleaning your clothes.

That's what laundromats are for.

Even if you're hundreds of kilometres away from a town?

If I understand correctly, you're not planning to stay within city limits, yes?

Parking could be a rough area if I want to spend a night in or near the Sydney CBD

I didn't rule out staying in the outer suburbs...

That's what laundromats are for.

That's yet more expense, though. Hundreds a year, assuming you pay ten dollars a week.

I didn't rule out staying in the outer suburbs...

I wish you luck in finding someone who does not mind you camping out in front of their house all night.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

One main thing to consider is how much I'd save by not having to pay for land etcetera...

One main thing to consider is how much I'd save by not having to pay for land etcetera...

Considering that you can get houses for rent for as little as $100 per week, you would very likely end up paying more in petrol and water than you would for rent.

And that's without considering that you can get roomates, meaning you can get a more expensive house and split the rent between you, allowing you to pay even less than that a week.

• edited 2012-04-19 06:17:24

Ugh. The more I think about it, the less worthwhile it all seems.

This whole time, my main reason for wanting to live in a car was because I thought I could make it significantly cheaper than living in an apartment, let alone a house, but I guess it is something of a grey area these days...

• No rainbow star
    I've been up all night to try to finish an assignment

I noticed I get a lot more done with a movie or lp playing on my laptop. I am surprised I didn't figure this out before tonight
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I'm baaaack...

• edited 2012-04-19 07:17:41

...okay, I finally decided to quit TV Tropes. Even going so far as to delete my handle entirely and replace my former troper page with a "Here lies"-style message.

This whole time, my main reason for wanting to live in a car was because I thought I could make it significantly cheaper than living in an apartment, let alone a house, but I guess it is something of a grey area these days...

It's also less... good, I guess, for you.

• But you never had any to begin with.

"There's one issue that feminism doesn't seem to have an answer for and that it doesn't seem to want to acknowledge: fertility. Feminists don't have enough kids to sustain their culture in the long term."

Welp, that's literally the most stupid thing I've read today.

plenty of time left in the day

• edited 2012-04-19 07:22:11

It's also less... good, I guess, for you.

Yeah, no-one with even a sliver of common sense would dare to put a price on their health in the sole name of saving money for extravagances such as cable TV.

Yeah, no-one with even a sliver of common sense dares to put a price on their health, do they?

I don't know how to put it, but you're... cooped up.

plenty of time left in the day

But I don't wanna have to read something even more stupid! :<

then why are you on the internet

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

then why are you on the internet

She's got a point there.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

I kind of want to liveblog something. Considerign past experiences, it probably won't go anywhere, but somehow that just came into my mind.

I don't know what, though. Maybe Wasteland, for which I recently made characters. Probably, that would be less "playing through the game and posting about it" and more "epically failing the game, because I'm too much of a pussy for oldschool CRPGs... and posting about it". Doesn't help that I'm not really satisfied with the characters I rolled.

I could also do something in the vein of my very first LB (of which I finished at least 1/3) and watch a very fanservice-y anime and snark about it. But I fear that my natural unfunniness would make that rather unamusing.

Because people are scary. :<

Also, countryside towns aren't particularly interesting. Cows and sheep just sit there eating grass all day.

Because people are scary. :<

And also similarly stupid, I guess.

i am back in my games room

thank god

• That feel when you both want to play Skyrim but you don't because you only have the Thieves Guild questline (which I'm probably not going to do) main quest and Civil War questline to do.

do the civil war :>

• edited 2012-04-19 07:58:39

My Argonian only has the Civil War and about a fifth of the main questline left to do.

Does it discourage me from playing? No. The only reason I've barely touched it in the past week or so is because I recently got Skyward Sword and deBlob 2.

i have... everything.

• do the civil war :>

Main quest first.

:(