If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

o/

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

\o

• A cyclops frowning?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

little people high-fiving each other

sword duel

• I'm a damn twisted person

So letter of recommendation? Nice.

So letter of recommendation? Nice.

Yes :D

Also, I just found out about Mark (the guy my aunt is dating)'s current divorce settlement situation.

When they divorced, Mark let his ex-wife take everything he'd bought for her- a house, a car, all the jewellery, all the smaller stuff. Hundreds of grand worth of stuff. And all he wanted was for her to be gone and for him to be allowed to retain contact with his kids.

But nope. She's pushing for spousal support, which is fair enough I guess. But she wants $5,000 a week for it.

• edited 2012-04-19 03:40:49
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

sword duel

"You have made advances on my woman for the last time, square!"

"(gasp) What did you just call me?!"

"I called you a square!"

"I do not have angles! I am a circle just like you! This means war!"

"En garde!"

• Starting Friday night, April 20, the main traffic lanes on I-71 will temporarily close in both directions at 11th Avenue. During that time, interstate traffic will be diverted onto the 11th avenue ramps and then back onto the highway. (See map below for this project)

See, they sent me this email so I can ostensibly avoid the construction, but c'mon, this is me we're talking about...I fully intend to drive right into this.

• edited 2012-04-19 03:42:57
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ Christ, that's horrible. The best of luck to him. What is she going to do with $5000 a week? Children don't cost $260,000 per year to raise. Hell, that's more money than most families make in a year. It seems like she's counting on living off the money. 

^^ o-\-o

Christ, that's horrible. The best of luck to him. What is she going to do with $5000 a week? Children don't cost $260,000 per year to raise. Hell, that's more money than most families make in a year. It seems like she's counting on living off the money. 

At the very least, I can say he can afford it. He does make something ridiculous like $12,000 a week. But jesus fuck, I could live off an eighth of that.

Whether he can afford it is beside the point -- it sounds like she wants to freeload off him to maintain her lifestyle on top of taking most of their important belongings. 

• edited 2012-04-19 03:52:30

^^^

"Did you hear? Mr. Maru challenged Kommandant Kreis to a duel."

"What? This I gotta see!"

Whether he can afford it is beside the point -- it sounds like she wants to freeload off him to maintain her lifestyle on top of taking most of their important belongings. 

I know, I just thought that was self-evident.

I mean, this woman doesn't even have to pay rent, or car payments or anything! What the hell could you even spend $5,000 a week on?

Oh, I haven't told you the best part.

He got his ex-wife's credit card bill yesterday. It was $31,000 for the last month. What the fuck

Shit I would do with $31,000:

• Pay off my debts.

• Enrol in a bunch of short courses. 

• Get more sword gear together so I can partake of tournaments properly. 

• Save the rest for a rainy day. 

Couldshouldawoulda. 

• Pay off my brother's braces

• Take a visit to America and see my friends there

• Save the rest for whenever I'd need it

And I'd be set for years.

And she blew it in a month what the fuck

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

• Save it up until I got another $20,000 or so, then use it all to buy a Nissan GT-R.

• edited 2012-04-19 04:03:35
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No don't worry 'bout a house or nuthin'

just buy a car, 'ts OK. You can always sleep in the back seat... cook your bacon and eggs on the motor...

• edited 2012-04-19 04:07:41

It's funny because I am seriously considering living in a motor vehicle once I can afford one. (Though it probably won't be a car, per se - more likely a van or a ute.)

It's a pretty silly idea, if only because you'd need to be earning enough to either eat out every meal or somehow find a way to run a fridge and a little stove on the car's motor. And afford the petrol to run heating when it gets called. And actually find some place to park it every night.

• I've always thought it would be cool to buy a motorhome or something and just live my life driving around the country, but I figure that's infeasible for a number of reasons so I never really viewed it as anything but a fantasy.

• >Beer dinner at frat

>Appropriate drink for each course is served with it

>Dessert is apple pie, apple cider to go along with it

>Magners and not Bulmers

It might be a cosmetic difference, but I like my stuff Irish.

I've always thought it would be cool to buy a motorhome or something and just live my life driving around the country, but I figure that's infeasible for a number of reasons so I never really viewed it as anything but a fantasy.

It would drive me nuts, purely because of the lack of space available to me.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I donated blood this morning, primarily because that would give me a few days off from school and for the sake of experience, but when I saw that it's painless and simple as hell I figured that I should do it more often. I actually feel even better than I did before the donation, no weakness, dizziness or anything.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Seeing Fuschlatz' post right after Nova's made me think of this Mark guy and his ex-wife settle everything with a sword fight. That's a weird thought, to say the least.

But 31.000$... God, I would buy furniture and stuff that I'll need when I completely move to Berlin and could live off the rest for a good time. Considering the uncertainty, whether I'll manage to get a job and how much I'll get as unemployment compensation, this would lower my worries a lot.

• edited 2012-04-19 04:26:30

• Hire an assassin to make people who spend that much in a month (like this woman) quietly disappear.

• edited 2012-04-19 04:35:39

It's a pretty silly idea, if only because you'd need to be earning enough to either eat out every meal or somehow find a way to run a fridge and a little stove on the car's motor. And afford the petrol to run heating when it gets called. And actually find some place to park it every night.

I can't see heating as much of an issue, at least not for me personally. I don't know whether it's the Welsh blood I received from my father or some weird reverse effect from spending (almost) my entire life in a country that's mostly desert, but I actually highly prefer cold weather over the heat.

Parking could be a rough area if I want to spend a night in or near the Sydney CBD, but then again I don't think I'd have much reason to do that often if I'm going for the whole "nomadic freeter" thing anyway.

But yeah, the issue of food is the main thing that's been bugging me about the whole concept...

That and clean water, now that I think about it. I guess I could try and build a mini one of those rainwater tanks you tend to see around the more rural Aussie communities. But then I'd need some form of distillation so the water doesn't make me sick, and a boiler would just bring heating back into the equation...

Seeing Fuschlatz' post right after Nova's made me think of this Mark guy and his ex-wife settle everything with a sword fight. That's a weird thought, to say the least.

but pretty awesome.

But 31.000$... God, I would buy furniture and stuff that I'll need when I completely move to Berlin and could live off the rest for a good time. Considering the uncertainty, whether I'll manage to get a job and how much I'll get as unemployment compensation, this would lower my worries a lot.

I already own most of the furniture I need (Bed, wardrobes, couch, bookcases, dining table and chairs, desk, etc) and most of the other amenities I'd need (Washing machine, dryer, toaster, kettle, various kitchen dishes and utensils, linens, etc), so that's not so much a concern for me. Especially as my grandmother has indicated that when she moves out, she may leave us with pretty much everything she owns, which means... an entire outfitted house, really.

I can't see heating as much of an issue, at least not for me personally.

You may prefer the cold, but diseases like pneumonia don't really care. Consider the temperatures of the nights lately; it has dropped to 1 degree several times recently here, and it's not even winter yet. Can you see yourself living in -5 temperatures or more with nothing but a blanket and some cars with so little protection from the elements?

Parking could be a bit of a rough area if I plan on spending a lot of time around the city, but then again I don't see much reason to do that if I'm going for the whole nomadic thing anyway.

Most places have time limits on how long you can park.

And if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the city, what are you going to do if your car breaks down?

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

You may prefer the cold, but diseases like pneumonia don't really care. Consider the temperatures of the nights lately; it has dropped to 1 degree several times recently here, and it's not even winter yet. Can you see yourself living in -5 temperatures or more with nothing but a blanket and some cars with so little protection from the elements?

Oof... Yes, I'll admit that does make things a bit complicated.

And if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the city, what are you going to do if your car breaks down?

With a bit of luck, I'll learn how to fix a car by myself before I start living in one.