If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Huh, the French MtG translators don't check to see if a name is already taken before using it again.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "Everest, I meant, the fights in basilisk are part of the appeal but most of its appeal is that it is a romance tragedy."

Ah. Okay.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

oh my god

oh

my

god

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

to any of you assholes that were following my story, i actually wrote another chapter after like three months

where

Wrong. Buy or mine Iron ore, then transmute it into gold ore with that one unique spell (which can be found in a bandit camp/iron mine due North of Whiterun). Make amulets, then enchant and sell them. Levels four skills. Five if you're doing your own soultrapping.

That requires more than just Smithing, though, and requires a fairly significant time investment.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    http://fictionpress.com/s/2953178/14/

I don't really like the chapter, but whatever.

bluh, writing for the first time in like three months
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Yeah, but the increase in skill bonus makes up for the transmuting. Especially if you let your magicka recharge while you smelt.

And you don't have to enchant them; that's just a bonus.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, but the increase in skill bonus makes up for the transmuting. Especially if you let your magicka recharge while you smelt.

Only if your character cares about Alteration at all. Otherwise, you're just waiting for huge lengths of time for your magicka to recharge so you can transform two more iron ores into gold bars in order to level a skill you don't care about.

I don't really like the chapter, but whatever.

I will read it in a sec

• edited 2012-04-19 18:37:45
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Only if your character cares about Alteration at all. Otherwise, you're just waiting for huge lengths of time for your magicka to recharge so you can transform two more iron ores into gold bars in order to level a skill you don't care about.

Not in my experience. You can generally cast it three or four times without running out even at the lowest skill level, and that's enough to need to use the smelter, and while you're doing that, you'll fill up again.

• edited 2012-04-19 18:47:00
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

All except one lone dot that stubbornly refused to wash off with the rest. I glowered at it, but no amount of rubbing would make it go away. It was probably just a freckle or something.

Welp, that don't bode well.

Not in my experience. You can generally cast it three or four times without running out even at the lowest skill level, and that's enough to need to use the smelter, and while you're doing that, you'll fill up again.

It has a base Magicka cost of 69. I have 100 Magicka.

-shrug-

I have no comments regarding the quality of the story, except that it's still better than 98% of the stories on the site.

• Oh good, I need to level my alteration. Thanks, INUH.

^^ Thanks.

Oh, okay, if you're not doing someone with a decent amount of magicka, it wouldn't work.

I sometimes also just collect iron ore over time, then cast the spell over and over while just running around.

Ha, I think I can actually make a profit on making and selling Dwarven Bows.

• edited 2012-04-19 19:04:53

Awesome.

Though it might be more efficient time-wise to just hit up a Dwemer ruin and grab all the two-pound dwarven items you see (they're the most efficient for smelting). You can get absurd amounts of metal that way.

I know there's enough stuff just lying around in the palace in Markarth to make a huge number of bars; most of it isn't even considered stealing because it's just junk.

• edited 2012-04-19 19:06:08

I really need to get 100,000 gold on me. I've already bought everything in the game except that house in Windhelm (which I can't get yet, it seems) so now it'll hopefully all build up.

^I found out yesterday that very little actually smelts into Dwemer bars. Levers, legs, large dwemer metal, I think that's about it.

• edited 2012-04-19 19:06:22

I have something like 60k right now. I'm saving up to get the achievement before I buy all the awesome stuff I want.

Yeah, I know, but I only have one Dwemer Ruin with large amounts of Dwemer material left, as I've cleared the others out. (Avanchnzel is the ruin I haven't cleared out.)

• You should have gone and done Avanchnzel's quest like I told you. You get a permanent +15% experience boost to your smithing from completing it.

you told me to go talk to the woman!

i talked to the woman!

she gave me a skooma quest!

Ah, fair enough.

hey inuh

did you read it yet

Not to bother you, but I've got like five people who give me feedback, and I'm related to two of them.

• you told me to go talk to the woman!

Was she an Argonian walking around the front of the Riften fishery?

anyway, I'm off to go get paid to watch a musical dress rehearsal

Also, Forzare, if you're willing to wait until I've woken up properly/gone shopping today, I could read it through properly and give you proper feedbacks and stuffs.

Was she an Argonian walking around the front of the Riften fishery?

she was a woman that was walking around on the docks

which met your criteria of being a woman that i could talk to.

• she was a woman that was walking around on the docks

which met your criteria of being a woman that i could talk to.

Would it not be reasonable to assume that since she had nothing to do with a Dwemer ruin she was not, in fact, the woman I was referring to?

hey inuh

did you read it yet

Not yet. Will today.