If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

And I accept the guilt without an ounce of regret.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Magic the Gathering? Wouldn't you rather play Warhammer Fantasy?

the answer is yes

• Ah yes, Warhammer, the MAN's game as I am so often told.

• edited 2012-03-26 00:47:26
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Warhammer Fantasy? Wouldn't you rather play Dawn of War?

It's a hell of a lot cheaper.

• I blame you guys. XD

Damn right.

Also, I've been watching on Nico a Yu-Gi-Oh!-like MtG (text) series mixed with (what else?) Touhou, and starring some dude from Final Fantasy XI. The talkative parts have been pretty meh, but the games themselves have been pretty fun (if sometimes predictable or stretched out).

• No rainbow star
    I feel like I'm going to die

My nose and head are stuffed up, I feel nauseous, my stomach hurts, I may be constipated, my throat burns, I'm tired as fuck...

Somebody. Please. Kill me now.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Ah yes, Warhammer, the MAN's game as I am so often told.

> rolling a lot of dice
    > man's game

In any case, Warhammer Fantasy is a different beast to 40k. For instance, it has a lot of the mechanics 40k did before 40k became a bad game with good fluff. In fact, Warhammer Fantasy never took the downward path like 40k did; where 40k simplified itself to the extent of losing tactical and strategic depth, Fantasy simplified itself to the point of becoming more accessible and nothing more.

It also has a special place in my heart for combining reasonably realistic and historical human factions with ridiculous stupid fun factions in the same setting. For instance, the Empire is a pastiche of Germany over different timeframes; it's got a lot of Renaissance and late medieval Germany in there, but the environment is heavily forested, stalked by warbands of beastmen, recalling the days of ancient-era Germany.

Bretonnia is a combination of late medieval France with Arthurian mythology, all knights and mighty charges and such things.

Vampire Counts are what happens when a sect of Imperial nobles breaks away, becomes vampires and start raising the dead to do their labour and man their armies. 

• Well I completely fucked up Ancient History. That was my best subject too.

Oh well. I can always become a Rifleman.

• First anime I bought was one of those ten disc box sets with a bunch of stuff in it.

• They're somethin' else.

Just watched epsisode 23 of Mirai Nikki.

Literal mad pussay

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I just finished Kamen Rider W.

When I finished Episode 48, that was just.... really, it concluded everything so neatly, the emotions it invoked were so powerful, it was just...

And it was the first time I've really felt one of the characters in a story managed to exhibit the same feeling I was feeling.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Finished the Black Rose Duelist arc in Revolutionary Girl Utena. Trying to make sense of episode 23.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I'd disagree, the ending of W left me with more questions than answers.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And?

I mean, it left me with plenty of questions, too. But it accomplished exactly what it set out to do; it told us the story of Shotaro and Phillip.

Yes, it didn't give us all the fine details of the situation, but to be honest, I don't really care about that. But then, I just had this debate about an obsession with answers yesterday, and I don't want to get into it again.

• This show

I miss this show so much.

But I won't watch it on Channel 7 as opposed to Channel Ten because Channel 7

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

A conclusion to the story of Phillip and Shotaro? Sure you jest. And the adventure goes on type of ending is by definition a ending-less story.

When I finished Episode 48, that was just.... really, it concluded everything so neatly

Please take note of the Episode 48 there. Not Episode 49.

• edited 2012-03-26 08:14:16

So supposedly the Oldboy remake might start production later this year.

This is good, because I really want this movie to actually get made so I can watch it and see how much it sucks compared to the original. 

That said, it doesn't sound like there are actually any actors who agreed to be in it (since all I keep hearing is how x actor turned down y role), so I don't really know how they plan to start producing anything...

• No rainbow star
    Still feel like shit x.x
  • ^^It's apparently directed by Spike Lee. Considering the quality of his films in recent years... yeah.

• edited 2012-03-26 08:54:37
    I'm a damn twisted person

So did you watch 49 yet Nova?  Ah you did. Honestly I like both endings myself, but I guess W was too optimistic a show to want to leave a taste too bittersweet.

Also the scene in the Accel movie where Jinno decides to be Jackie Chan is pure gold.

• Oh, I actually finished it a few days ago but... Gurren Lagann.

The first 15 episodes were excellent.  Unfortunately, after that it kind of just went downhill.  The story arc about Rossiu kind of sucked, mostly because it was in Gurren Lagann where it... really didn't fit at all, or at least didn't deserve to have like four whole episodes dedicated to it.  After that things picked up somewhat, but ultimately it kind of just turned into the show that I was expecting based on hearing people talk about it.  i.e. Lots of fighting and very little anything else, since all the main characters already had their whole character development story arc thing, so we were left with very little except a small bit of characterization for characters that nobody really cared about anyway.  And even at being just an action show it kind of failed because the fights simply weren't as good as in the first half of the show, mostly because the anti-spirals are ridiculously boring villains, both in their designs and in the fact that we don't really even have a good idea of who they are until very late in the show.  The last fight was good though, largely because it actually felt like the fights earlier in the series.  Still, like I said, the first half was great, and, well, the second half was at least still worth watching, but... yeah.

Magic the Gathering? Wouldn't you rather play Warhammer Fantasy?

the answer is yes

Heinous fuckery most foul

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

The first anime I bought was Millenium Actress. Not that I think that anybody cares.

I have the feeling that I would be banned for good, if my presence here wouldn't be so low. Maybe I should post more.

or you could just ask for a permaban, leechblock the site, etc

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

But...it's only March!  It's not, like, finals week yet!

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    BTL 2.0 is slow as fuck, so we're going to invite Kashchei by email to stir things up a bit. That ought to be fun.

Also, my right earphone died. More expenses. -_-

BTL 2.0 is slow as fuck, so we're going to invite Kashchei by email to stir things up a bit. That ought to be fun.

ahahahah, seriously? 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    As serious as I can be.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.

or you could just ask for a permaban, leechblock the site, etc

Nah, I'm not actually interested in getting away from here. I just don't really understand what IJBM actually is to me as I still like to come here sometimes but at the same time get annoyed by nearly everyone here for some reason. But I guess it doesn't really matter in the end and I'm overthinking things.

Also, every time I read BTL, I have to think of electronic drugs.