If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    I just came back home. There's a hearse parked in front of my neighbour's house. :-(
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ How do we annoy you?

• Has friends besides tanks now

so we're going to invite Kashchei by email to stir things up a bit.

What Juan said.

^^ That sucks, bro.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

BTL 2.0 is slow as fuck, so we're going to invite Kashchei by email to stir things up a bit. That ought to be fun.

popcorn.jpg.

• edited 2012-03-26 15:20:27
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So...shitty>slow?
  • You can change. You can.

desperate times require stupid measures, apparently.

• edited 2012-03-26 16:05:21
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ugh, woke up 4 PM. The fuck.

Nova: Oh man, yeah. The entire episode is one of Kamen Rider's most emotionally powerful moments for me.

^^^

that's from Fawlty Towers, yeah

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Now I'm imagining Anne as Basil Fawlty.

wait, you actually like Fawlty Towers?

I take it all back, Malk. All. Back. ;~;

anyway, now i'm forced to imagine Anne going "Don't talk about the war TvTropes!"

...it actually fits much better than I thought it would...

the worst thought often do.

That would make me Polly, I guess. Poor Flyboy is Manuel, naturally.

but who's Mrs. Fawl...oh who am i kidding, it's Kasch, isn't it

Spot on.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

http://www.news.com.au/warning-over-deadly-spirits/story-e6freoof-1226244534802

This is old news, but I've just been thinking of vodka.  Alex, please come tell me you Aussies aren't such pussies. :)

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

Try reading through the process section.  Pay attention to states that have multiple primary/caucus dates, sometimes multiple caucus dates for at-large versus by-congressional-district delegates.

This...this isn't just like Calvinball.  This IS Calvinball.

• They're somethin' else.

The Speak Like A Child episode for Cowboy Bebop is full of d'awwww

• Has friends besides tanks now

Jesus, this is a really nice cover.

Man, my borked Smallville liveblog reminds me how much I hate Clark. He does superheroing so other people can adulate him and he can jerkoff to how awesome he is. And whenever Lana or Lois or involved he drops everything because Superman has tail to chase.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Whereas Superman goes heroing not for the adulation, but because it's the right thing to do. He saves people, fights criminals and does his best to help everyone because he has the power to do it.

It's one of the things I like about Superman. People complain about how lame he is and how boring he is because he always does the right thing and never kills anything, when that's actually the point behind Superman; he's a paragon of good, an example held up to show others what it's like.

People complain about how lame he is and how boring he is because he always does the right thing and never kills anything, when that's actually the point behind Supermanheroes

Well, there are superheroes that definitely engage in moral ambiguity, like Spider-man and Daredevil, but they were initially create as contrasts to DC's paragons.

• edited 2012-03-26 21:09:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^That reminds, me, I read Kingdom Come awhile back. It was basically that post in graphic novel form.

Yeah, Kingdom Come is basically a love letter to the Silver Age.

And it's actually awesome.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I think a lot of the issues behind Superman when it comes to an outside perspective can be put down to kryptonite. 

When it comes to combating Superman, you have a kind of "silver bullet" scenario where nothing can touch him except for stuff to do with kryptonite, so viewing him from an actiony perspective becomes an exercise in binary calculation. And from a non-actiony perspective, other heroes (such as Batman) work better anyway. Batman, in fact, is just as paragon-y. 

You can also get at Superman by threatening his loved ones, but that's a pretty worn out superhero plot device anyway. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

when that's actually the point behind Supermanheroes

I would have agreed with you at one point, but the Dark Age threw that notion out the window. They've been getting somewhat better about it recently, but they still try to throw in morally ambiguous actions and situations that read as hokey far too often.

That reminds, me, I read Kingdom Come awhile back. It was basically that post in graphic novel form.

Actually, Kingdom Come spoke of how the Dark Age was bad, but even the Silver Age had its' bad points. Look at the way Superman acted during the entire thing; unwilling to bear the public's rage at him, he took off into hiding so as to not have to deal with it, instead of continuing to fight regardless of the public's opinion of him.

>When it comes to combating Superman, you have a kind of "silver bullet" scenario where nothing can touch him except for stuff to do with kryptonite, so viewing him from an actiony perspective becomes an exercise in binary calculation. And from a non-actiony perspective, other heroes (such as Batman) work better anyway. Batman, in fact, is just as paragon-y. 

Ahahaha you have no idea what you're talking about. 

When it comes to combating Superman, you have a kind of "silver bullet" scenario where nothing can touch him except for stuff to do with kryptonite, so viewing him from an actiony perspective becomes an exercise in binary calculation.

Magic, other fellas with super strenght, etc

The thing that makes Superman work is that with a good writer, it's not about the action. It's simply about the joy of seeing a man fly and fight for what's right.

And I wouldn't say Batman is really that much of a Paragon. as much as I like the character, a lot of what's interesting about him is that he's more than willing to "cross the line" and, say, torture a suspect.