If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-03-25 14:30:30

Nico

y u no allow skipping to later parts of videos before they load.

Edit: Morning-after grammar correcting.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

This must be like, the eighth time I've gotten involved in a loooong debate about Mass Effect 3 and Indoctrination Theory and its' role in the narrative flow of the series.

• Half-yearly exams start tomorrow. Thank god I dropped physics; as it is, I only go in at 7:30 to give a speech at some point, have a 90-minute exam at 8:45, then another 90 minute exam at 1:40. If I still had physics I'd have another 90-minute exam at 10:50.

Then after school I get to go do Macquarie Uni Library and study the fuck out of Engineering Studies which I have not yet studied for at all because I'm fucking terrible at managing English Extension assignments.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^^ You know a site is bad when the Chinese rip off has a better service

• edited 2012-03-25 11:30:29

I love how that one Kikwi in Skyward Sword is like "Gee, it sure is boring around here" near the end of the game during the peace which all true warriors strive for.

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ No exams for me

Fuck yeah
  • edited 2012-03-25 13:43:44
    Loser

DonZabu,

For it is worth, I do not think your views really stand out that much from other people's here, at least not in a negative way. In the past when other IJBMers expressed a somewhat similar sentiment, I thought pretty much the same thing too.

I am not sure if that helps at all though.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@DonZabu: I agree with you on that complaint, and propose that people use "verisimilitude" or another term.  Though usually when the complaint comes up it also has to do with discussions of willing suspension of disbelief and criticism that a game isn't achieving it, and discussions about what ought to be "realistic" or "unrealistic" in a game.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

After watching the first Legend of Korra episode, I have come to the conclusion that the main problem of either season 2 or 3 will be how Tenzin is assassinated by one of the revolutionaries and Korra has to find a way to learn airbending without any master.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story contains a lot more genderwankery than I expected.  Well, not genderwankery in a TV Tropes sense (with transgenderism, asexuality, and the whole nine yards), but commentary (directly and indirectly) about gender stereotypes, gender roles, and one lesbian djinni-type creature.

It starts with Pratty jokingly accusing Bron of sexism, then features Bron saying that the smithing hammer can "forge a woman" (hilariously reused by a little girl in a completely irrelevant situation), and then continues with Sanary's little "quiz", and there are other more subtle bits such as the working-woman-and-stay-at-home-dad couple.

And if you hit the one-in-four chance of getting Sugar as your Guardian Beast, and you picked Pratty...well, Sugar provides not just lesbian subtext, but outright text, over even Pratty's objections.

...well, my other choices were a weird robot-thing, a somewhat jerky male Guardian Beast, and some weird supposedly-cutesy animal.  I guess I'll have to put up with Sugar all story long, but at least i get to say I answered the questions honestly.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

CountryPumpkin...Eh, the show only has one season greenlit

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    All goatee'd up!
  • You can change. You can.

CountryPumpkin...Eh, the show only has one season greenlit

It's kinda naive to think the show won't be succesful considering both its predecessor and the massive hype behind it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^It's Nickelodeon, I wouldn't be surprised if they shot it down.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    On Amazon, there are three versions of Eden of the East. DVD, Blu-Ray, and DVD/Blu-ray combo pack.

DVD is the most expensive. The DVD/Blu-Ray is the cheapest.

it makes no sense
  • edited 2012-03-25 17:25:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Wut.

Reminds me of how I got the Fallout 3 Collector's edition because it was cheaper than the normal one.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Unless its changed since yesterday, it's 30 for DVD, like 25 for Blu-Ray, and like 22.50 for the combo.

So I said "fuck yeah" and bought it. Also, the first season of Code Geass.

And that is the story of how Forzare spent money on anime for the first time in his life.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I think Eden of the East was the first anime I bought too.

It is a great show.

And that is the story of how Forzare spent money on anime for the first time in his life.

i shall tell my grandchildren

^truly it is a story worthy of song
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I should get the Darker than Black Blu-rays sometime. I know it's all on Youtube free (and legally, even), but it's an excellent show.

I need to get back and watch that. I saw the first four episodes or so a while back, and I liked it.

How's the second season? I've heard it's not as good, but is it actually mediocre, or is it just love-it-or-hate-it like the second season of Code Geass?
  • edited 2012-03-25 17:46:56

The second season...it starts off quite good, parts of the middle are kinda meh and weird but never outright bad, and the ending is awesome. Overall, a bit of a letdown after the first season, but definitely worth watching.

Note that the OVA takes place before the second season, but came out after and definitely shouldn't be watched before.

• First animu I bought was Haruhi.  Then, like... Lucky Star.

And nobody was surprised. 

• edited 2012-03-25 17:49:18
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm probably going to hold off buying any more stuff until my job starts up again in about three weeks and I get some steady income. Then I'll probably go for either the Rebuild movies (still havent seen 2.22 oh god) or Disappearance (one of my favorite movies ever, anime or no) on Blu-Ray.

@INUH: Gotcha.

@DYRE: I kind of am, actually. I thought you didn't like Haruhi all that much. Or was that just Yuki? (heresy, by the way)

• edited 2012-03-25 17:50:36

^Well, you can still watch Darker than Black even if you don't want to buy it:

I know. It's on Netflix, too.

@DYRE: I kind of am, actually. I thought you didn't like Haruhi all that much. Or was that just Yuki? (heresy, by the way)

I guess I should go by PrinceOfHeretics from now on.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Torrents, bitch.

IJBM: Looking back at past choices in life and obsessively thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened if I had chosen otherwise. I can't believe how much I've changed during the past few months, led by apparent trivialities that have nevertheless had a great impact on me. For once in my life I feel like a complete person, but still have trouble ridding myself of sentimentality towards certain, mostly bad, things I've left behind. Life's fuckin' bittersweet.