If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-03-20 19:30:01
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    After the season finale of The Walking Dead, "I didn't ask for this" seems to have become a minor meme in my household.

This amuses me.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    I wish the best of luck to your brother, Nova.

There's something about the military that keeps attracting me, but I don't want to make it my carreer. I'm planning on enlisting at the School for Reserve Officers after university. You get to become a Second Lieutenant in only six months of training. :D
  • I'm a damn twisted person

And then Milos was MarkVonLewis.

Nah, I kid.

That's good news Nova.  In other news I have obtained gainful employment today after the most surreal interview in my life.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Good to hear! But why was it surreal?
  • edited 2012-03-20 21:21:07
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Double post; fuck this phone
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> people being pseudointellectual on /u/

> people being smug about showing off their smarts

goddamit 4Chan, I thought you were better than this. Or at least too stupid to be able to try and show off your smarts.

• goddamit 4Chan, I thought you were better than this.

If we had signatures here, this would be mine now.

I think that was actually the only Jokerish moment in the whole episode, really. And the problem is not so much that they invited him but that the team up happened, you know? Kind of the point of the Joker is that he simply doesn't play with others except, ironically, Batman.

Grant Morrison's JLA says otherwise. (So does Infinite Crisis, I suppose.)

But yeah, that wasn't the best writing the Joker's every gotten. I still liked the voice though (and thought the line about juggling would have been good if they'd just stopped with the word juggling, because, clown.)

• You can change. You can.
    Grant Morrison's JLA says otherwise. (So does Infinite Crisis, I suppose.)

The only arc I really remember is the one where the JLA fought off the white martians. It helps that I've only read like two or three before I couldn't find the rest.

And well, Inifinity Crisis' point was that Joker is too scary and he kills redheads in an alley. Oh, and superboys tend to be drama queens, I guess.

But yeah, that wasn't the best writing the Joker's every gotten. I still liked the voice though (and thought the line about juggling would have been good if they'd just stopped with the word juggling, because, clown.)

Oh, Spiner's performance is cool. It's just that he often didn't make jokes and when he attempted them, they were kinda sitcom-y. I get that the Joker is not really a grade-A comedian, but still!

Also, I felt that the bit where he aknowledged he had different personalities was kinda out of character for him.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Aw, man, I'm learning how fucking magnets work in Physics now.

@Wicked: I had a similar prompt; the premise was the same, but the class was allowed to choose which book to analyze, and explicitly told that we ought to use a book we read in a previous class, since there wouldn't be time. And we didn't have to write four-five+ pages, with multiple copies or anything.

Oh, and I saw the second half or two-thirds of A Few Good Men. It was pretty good, and now I know where "you can't handle the truth!" comes from.

Milos - oh how it was kinda rambley. Like he went on about how he wanted to throw his kid's annoying R2-D2 toy out the window into the pool and then shoot it. Or how he used to shoot bow and how his dad gave him shit for not wanting to unstring/restring the bow each time he used it. Or him not believing Arizona is a real place. Or this conversation.

Him: So you have family in the city?

Me: Nope, my mom's dead.

Him: Father?

Me: I never met him.

Him: Brothers or sisters?

Me: Nope.

Him: Grandparents?

Me: Died before I was born.

Him: ... welp, I hope you have some friends in Milwaukee.

And he hired me on the spot after the interview too.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Or how he used to shoot bow and how his dad gave him shit for not wanting to unstring/restring the bow each time he used it.

But not unstringing it when you're finished using it can ruin the bow.

• edited 2012-03-20 22:12:04
    You can change. You can.

You know, I normally don't buy the fact that people think I'm smart or wise beyond my years and attribute a lot of it to the internet and being able to think through the things i say.

So I kinda was surprised with myself when I managed to have an actual discussion with my sister about my viewpoint on conformism and nonconformism (And how it relates to existential angst) and where I managed to say how I felt without hestitating or making my points unclear.

Oh, and I saw the second half or two-thirds of A Few Good Men. It was pretty good, and now I know where "you can't handle the truth!" comes from.

I honestly think that this is Reiner's best movie, to be honest. Also, Jack Nicholson's best non-Cuckoo Nest's performance.

Nova - it depends. Old school longbow, yeah it's a problem. Modern recurves, not so much. And restringing a compound bow every time you want to use it is basically going to make you ponder if you can make a noose out of bow string.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Cuckoo's Nest was another good one. I like Nicholson. And now that I've finished reading The Shining, I don't have much excuse not to see the movie, do I?

Crake- It does tend to depend, yeah. I guess I don't really know enough to be able to say.

Cuckoo's Nest was another good one. I like Nicholson. And now that I've finished reading The Shining, I don't have much excuse not to see the movie, do I?

the Shining was....not bad, but I think it could've been better. I did enjoy it a lot when I watched it, though, and I'm by no means an Stephen King fan.

• edited 2012-03-20 22:24:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

I've heard that the character of Jack Torrance was greatly simplified and exaggerated, compared to the novel. And I saw one guy wank for pages and pages and literally hundreds of paragraphs about how Kubrick's a fucking genius or something and used recurring numbers for . . . some reason I didn't care to dig out from that sea of words. That was damn trippy.

EDIT: This isn't quite it (not nearly as long), but it's the same guy.

EDIT 2: Ah, found it.

All I know about The Shining in comparison to the book was that it it deliberately tried to be a mirror adaptation of sorts to the book (IE: A lot of objects were coloured opposite to the book, and some moments happen differently in a way that is both similar and yet dissimilar and so on) but I didn't read the book, so I can't exactly evaluate it as an adaptation, but as an horror film.

• edited 2012-03-20 22:46:52
    smote

Also, I felt that the bit where he aknowledged he had different personalities was kinda out of character for him.

Yeah, same here. Then again, if he has a past, he'd prefer it to be multiple choice.

And you're missing out on the JLA, there. Morrison got saddled with electric Superman for a couple of arcs, but he rolled with it.

• made a stupid thread

whee

I know, I know, goddamnit. ;~;

• edited 2012-03-20 23:18:59
    I'm a damn twisted person

Nice way to ninja Juan there Anonus.

• Need to find way to sleep easier.

Also have goal of catching the original 151 Mons.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I can't listen to Rhapsody-style power metal, 'cause I get a case of - we have a trope for that, Longing For Fictionland I think. Similar with folk metal and other styles of power metal, only it's not fiction. I can't listen to gothic or symphonic metal, 'cause I get that gothy-gloomy-Romantic feeling. Black metal? Gets a bit uneasy after a dozenth call for a church burning. Hmpfh, what's left. Vanilla heavy, thrash, and death. Heavy is like power. Thrash I don't really like, either too depressing or I don't like the tune. Perhaps I should start listening to death metal. Too bad that most of the time I don't really like it either.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

And yet I'm now listening to heavy and power. Pffffft.

• >Birthday

>Wall gets plastered with congratulations messages

>Most of them cheesy puns or horrid nicknames

I can live with this. Also, going to Hed PE tonight. Instead of the usual hyperbolic misogyny, their more recent album delves far more into bizarre conspiracy theories. Going by their site, they're actually truly believers. I'm hoping the singer is gonna do the genero-political-message gig between songs.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Very much ninja because of the forum bug that skips over the last post of a page.

• But you never had any to begin with.

"It has to have two women in it: Elsie and Anna Rausch.

Failed"

...Uh?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Someone who thinks our forum is a "very interesting site" has just joined us.  Let's see what happens.