If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• a little muffled

@JuanCarlos:

but yeah, the delay is as much of a mystery to me as it is to you.

Pretty sure it's just because Moffat wants the show to run in the fall from now on.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Does that mean they have to shoot themselves in the head to summon their small horse?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Should a U.S. (federal) senator who has lots of experience in policy issues, especially foreign policy issues, but who has only breathed the air of his home state on 14% of the days that he's held this office representing that state, and who was recently ruled ineligible to vote for himself due to lacking residency, be re-elected to his office?

• edited 2012-03-19 16:21:06
    No rainbow star

*Catches self spriting up new Robotnik bosses for a modified Sonic TTRPG system*

...I get addicted to things way too easily...

EDIT: ^ No

• They're somethin' else.

@ Everest regarding Doug:

LOLOLOLOL

• edited 2012-03-19 16:44:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Well, if you are the Indiana Republican electorate, then bye bye, Richard Lugar.

• It would be ok if I knew how to advertise that I'm willing to do commissions

Judging from those who do so at our faculty, you just leave posters and distribute leaflets around with something fancy to show and contact info.

FYI Lugar is challenging the secretary's/clerk's/whatever's ruling that he is ineligible to vote for himself.

• No rainbow star

^^ I don't think I'd get many offers here, since this is an art college :P

But hmm... I didn't think of flyers all over the place

• Some software not everybody is familiarized with are used in a lot of projects (and are particularly profitable). Is there an equivalent there?

Hmmm, maybe I should do the same.

• They're somethin' else.

@ Demon's/Dark Souls series a while back:

Yeah, the games are all kinds of bullshit, but I like how the game keeps a guy on his toes. Games just don't have that anymore. That rush you get from cheating death so, so many times.

You like it, or ya don't. Personally, I think it's awesome.

• edited 2012-03-19 17:06:48
    No rainbow star

^^ I don't think anybody would get away with that here, if you're implying that I offer to do others studio work

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, the games are all kinds of bullshit, but I like how the game keeps a guy on his toes. 

Dark Souls is much more fair, but without being easier, if that makes sense.

• ^^ I don't think anybody would get away with that here, if you're implying that I offer to do others studio work

Studio work?

Regardless, what I'm getting at is merely using software, things like digitalizing stuff or, I dunno, photoshopping or something.

If the student is always expected to be the one doing these things, then nevermind me.

A new Humble Indie Bundle is now available, the Humble Bundle for Android 2.  It offers the following:

* Canabalt
    * Zen Bound
    * Cogs
    * Avadon
    * Swords & Soldiers (beat the average, currently $6.06)
    * charity options for Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play
    * soundtracks for Canabalt, Zen Bound, and S&S
    * a website feature to make you feel really guilty if you enter a custom amount lower than $1

• Has friends besides tanks now

>gonna check sub hours at the pool tomorrow
    >mostly because I want to find a shift where I can talk to a coworker away from her friends and ask her to prom
    >so let's say she say yes, hypothetically, even though I've only talked to her like four times on the job and don't really know her that well, all things considered
    >but I kinda want to quit my job because it's way more stressful than people-watching has any right to be and a depressed person probably shouldn't be left responsible for anyone else's well-being
    >but wait, the pool's rather understaffed anyway, boss would probably be pissed, or I'd have to explain that I'm depressed to him
    >but what if I brought this up to the hypothetical prom partner
    >she'd probably disapprove
    >and in any case why would she want to hang out with someone who's that stressed out
    >would I even have other interesting things to talk about
    >don't feel comfortable posting this on /adv/, so, uh, sorry, guys, here's more of mah problems even though you guys have problems too

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You could try asking her anyway?

• edited 2012-03-19 18:19:50
    Diet NEET

Man up, start lifting weights and keep asking them out until you don't care about rejection anymore. Also, you're too beta for her, OP.

There, all the wisdom of /adv/ condensed in one neat little sentence.

^^ Well, I'm going to ask her anyway, once I get the chance (I just don't want to do it when she's around her friends because I know her friends even less well). Probably the only good thing to happen to me today is that I've found a video that was surprisingly inspirational, so I figure, I'm definitely asking.

^ For what it's worth, I got the video I hyperlinked from /adv/.

• *watches vid*

2/10, would not bang.

I thought it was kind of endearing.

• I'm probably in the class of the worst people to give relationship advice, but I don't think you should worry too much about what she thinks of you. Might as well be yourself since it's going to show up some time along the line anyway.

Plus, it's senior year, so if she says no, there's only three more months of school before college anyway, so it's no big loss. Now I just need to find a shift to take or something.

I'm more concerned about whether or not I should keep my job. I'll probably ask the therapist about that, once I start seeing them.

• edited 2012-03-19 18:38:25
    My arms are falling off!

> look up Nudestuck

> appropriately enough amidst all the garbage I find a proper reaction image

> alternatively, my standard reaction to brainbleach-worthy images works too

• edited 2012-03-19 18:53:48
    smote

Watching Young Justice and what the hell, why does Ra's Al Ghul have masters? >:[

I forget, did he actually say "masters" at some point? If he did, I think it can be assumed he meant it in one of its archaic senses, since he turns out to be one of the "real" masterminds, second only to Vandal Savage if those numbers actually mean anything.

Basically, keep watching and I don't think you'll be disappointed (well, not in this aspect if nothing else).

• You can change. You can.

Yup, he did. On the other hand, they never said "Ra's Al Ghul", but it's pretty damn obvious, so.

Either way, I ain't highlighting that and yeah, I kept watching, it's just that it was a rather bothersome detail.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Whee...Mother's god laid off today. Bluh.

• edited 2012-03-19 19:39:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Sorry to hear that, vandro. And I'm sorry to see that Icalasari's been laid off, and to see that Malk didn't get that substitute teaching job.

• Damn. Sorry to hear that.