If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

To be fair, Doctor Who is probably one of the most British things in the history of Britain.

• edited 2012-03-18 23:24:29
    I'm a damn twisted person

Why do we have to wait till autumn for more?!?

-incoherent sobbing-

Seriously though, I do find it pretty lulzy that BBC bought the rights for a blue police box image from the London Police.

The best part was that the managed to pull it off. I mean...that is certainly something, considering that it was just a tv show.

but yeah, the delay is as much of a mystery to me as it is to you. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Bought? The way I heard it, they won it in a legal battle because the London Police hadn't ever enforced the trademark.

• edited 2012-03-18 23:33:38
    You can change. You can.

I thought they tried to trademark it first, and then the London Police sued, which was then settled out of court.

ETA: Checking Wikipedia, it seems i was wrong.

• No rainbow star

Turns out there is an unofficial Sonic the Hedgehog Tabletop RPG. I definitely don't like some of the abilities though (or that gliding and flight can be combined... By the looks of it, they made flight into a triple high jump which defeats the point, and it requires glide to come anywhere close to resembling Tails' flight). It also combines acceleration and speed into one stat when the games have shown at times them being separate things (I swear Tails goes faster than Sonic at first, until Sonic gets to full speed, which implies that Sonic doesn't accelerate as fast)

Definitely going over this system and making changes. Then, when IJBM doesn't have 5+ rps going on...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does this language look right if I'm going for an archaic English feel?

1. Thou shalt not take unnecessary risks.
    2. Thou shalt respect the world around thee, and act only to improve it.
    3. Thou shalt fix problems, or direct appropriate resources to do so.
    4. Thou shalt not create problems for others.
    5. Thou shalt not take what is not due to thyself.
    6. Thou shalt think before acting.
    7. Thou shalt maintain clarity of mind when making decisions.
    8. Thou shalt make proper preparations.
    9. Thou shalt not abandon thy companions.
    10. Thou shalt use common sense.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Looks like you're going for it, yeah.

It doesn't look like you succeeded though.

Had a nice talk with mom for three hours. I kinda feel better now that I feel that my life is going somewhere. Hopefully.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Anyway, so.

My brother just rang me up. He was pretty clearly distressed.

I tried to coax what happened out of him. He was kinda having trouble speaking, he kept gasping every sentence or so.

Apparently, he hit a rabbit on his way back from Tafe. He toppled his bike and broke his wrist on his way down.

Some people stopped with him, and they're going to take him to the hospital... I hope. If they're not like, kidnappers or something.

Nan's gone to meet him. I don't know what's happening yet; I just hope he's okay.

• My arms are falling off!

Applying for software engineering internships is suffering. I don't feel I stand a chance because everyone else who applies is so much more well-versed about coding (and therefore more experienced) than I am.

Okay. Couple hours later, and I have more info.

My brother's wrist wasn't broken; it was fractured in two places. He also has extensive bruising along the left side of his body. Luckily, he was wearing a helmet.

He was apparently doing 90 kilometres an hour (that's something in the realms of sixty miles an hour). He hit a rabbit, and his bike was pretty much crashed. His friends went to pick his bike up- they reckon it's a write-off.

Which would suck, because that bike set him back three and a half grand, and he's still going to have to pay that back. My grandfather reckons he'll take a look at it when he comes up, and it might not be a total write-off; here's hoping.

Anyway, my brother's a bit shaken up, as you can imagine. He's not even home yet; he probably won't be home 'til after midnight.

• No rainbow star
    Rabbits are nothing but pure evil wrapped in a shell of fur, cuteness, and very sharp teeth
  • Has friends besides tanks now

So, today I've learned that kicking things doesn't make me feel any better.

^As a general rule, physical catharsis tends to do much more damage than good. 

Watching Young Justice and what the hell, why does Ra's Al Ghul have masters? >:[

I wanna like this show, but it keeps slapping me on the face. 

On the plus side, I learned, as I suspected, that that Facebook message I got was from some friends of his who apparently got onto his account for a solid two hours and sent weird messages to lots of people, including some he doesn't even know. Seems to be a harmless prank, all in all.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> kicking things

http://www.nicolaas.net/dudley/index.php?f=20061109

• edited 2012-03-19 12:42:53
    Diet NEET

The man point scale from five years ago has come back to haunt me. A douchy thing we made up that still awarded the most points to people who succesfully found twu wuv, it now turns out we ripped off a meme a shitty Dutch chan variant.

Also, exceeded a deadline with a tutor who plays Skyrim, wondering if I can get off with an arrow to the knee joke.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'll be holding your brother in the light, Nova.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Also, exceeded a deadline with a tutor who plays Skyrim, wondering if I can get off with an arrow to the knee joke.

If it were me, I'd be inclined to give a stiffer punishment for beating the hole where the dead horse used to be.

I haven't played much Skyrim, but surely it had other meme-worthy material?

• Malk, I picked up Elric - The Balance Lost #9 today because someone said it was a good jumping on point.

Could you fill me in on the stuff I'd NEED to know? 

• edited 2012-03-19 13:14:22
    Diet NEET

It's a woman in her fifties, so I don't think she's gotten the gist of the overuse of said meme, while still recognize the reference.

• No rainbow star
    So looks like I'm unemployed currently due to layoffs that were never announced

Judging from how my boss spoke, it sounded like a case of either, "Oh shit he actually called?" or, "Oh shit we forgot to call him?"
    Welcome to the unemployment club. We'd have T-shirts except, well...
  • But you never had any to begin with.

.-.

Wait, so Doug had a character named Patti Mayonnaise and a character named Skeeter? Pffffft.

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ It would be ok if I knew how to advertise that I'm willing to do commissions (and knew how much my art was worth...)

Conductor: There's a lot going on in Moorcock's multiverse so going into too much detail might just be confusing. Read it then PM me what confused you.

• People leaving Facebook open means posting abonimable custom ponysonas for them. And then they actually go along with it. :/