If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

We're a sadsack brigade, guys.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Pretty much.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I don't get it.

There's nothing to get except that our lives are not exactly the most fullfilling out there.

• Do you want me to order pizza?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Normally I'd be all hot diggity at free pizza, but my stomach hurts.

guys i think ive gone full sadsack

In my case, it's the head. And the mouth. It feels weird.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

There's nothing to get except that our lives are not exactly the most fullfilling out there.

There is no such thing as a completely fullfilling life, we always want what we don't have.

I see no point in caring about whether my life is fullfilling or not, I just do as I please.

There is no such thing as a completely fullfilling life

I never meant to state such.

I forget, did he actually say "masters" at some point? If he did, I think it can be assumed he meant it in one of its archaic senses, since he turns out to be one of the "real" masterminds, second only to Vandal Savage if those numbers actually mean anything.

Turns out that whoever was leading the League of Shadows in that episode wasn't Ra's. I was prolly associating him with the look he had in Batman Begins or something.

Either way, the thing about The Light is that it's got so many people that simply don't work in teams under its fold that it simply doesn't make sense. I mean, the last time someone even considered working with the Joker and forming an alliance with him, they got stabbed in an alley. By a murderous green-haired clown.

Bad way to go, I'd say.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So. I just went up to the hospital again.

Apparently, the damage to his wrist was worse than we thought. Besides the two fractures, his growth plate has also been broken, and his joint has been damaged.

He's going to have to have surgery :|

• Will he be okay?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah. One hand will apparently be smaller than the other from now on, though.

• Well, good luck to him and you.

• It's like they distilled Design the Skyline's erratic switches and Brokencyde's screamo misogyny into one horrible package. I love it.

Well, my brother is fine now. He finally got out of surgery and woke up from the anaesthetic. (He was supposed to go in at 6, but a woman came in who needed an emergency caesarian so he was postponed until 10.) Of course, his first demand was for me to go get him some food.

He'll be fine. His arm will be in a cast for the next four weeks, and he won't be able to get the spikes out of his hand for the next six weeks. He won't regain full functionality of his left arm for the next ten weeks (and this is on top of his broken growth plate thing).

I mean, not that anyone really cares, but it is good to get it off my chest.

• No rainbow star

I also wish him well

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Good to hear that he's healing smoothly. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How old is he?  Will he be okay with his schoolwork or, uh, workwork, with his left arm in a cast?  I hope he's right-handed, too.

• No rainbow star
    I sent an application to Starbucks yesterday

Not even 24 hours later and I already have an interview

This may be a worrying sign
  • edited 2012-03-20 15:35:08

Good to hear, Nova.

^Why's that worrying?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

A job's a job in this econcomy. I remember worrying about getting a job that didn't make disparaging implications about myself. Then 2008 hit. Woo. 

Also, I've noticed that people who take shitty jobs like that aren't necessarily staying there, nor does it actually imply anything bad about them. On the contrary, one of the most hard working and intelligent people I know holds a job at McDonald's despite having a degree behind him in biological science. 

Most of us can't afford to be picky, and it's better to suffer a job like that and meet it with a practical mindset than to do nothing. 

• No rainbow star
    ^^ , ^ Worrying as in, "They need someone that bad? I hope it isn't because of a nasty work atmosphere that drives everyone away"
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Luckily my mood, which was "Fuuuuuuuuuck!" so far, will improve now as I apply the black metal shock treatment. I'm out for today.

• edited 2012-03-20 17:41:41
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Glad to hear your brother's better, Nova.

^^ If it turns out to be unbearable, you can still quit.

So, I asked that girl to prom. She said she was already going with friends, but if they get dates, she'll go with me. That works. \m/
  • I should try applying to Starbuck's again, then.

Juan: well, true to form he did try to kill everyone at the end of the teamup. Anyway, it's even more dangerous not to invite him.

Nova: best of luck (and lots of milk, I suppose) to him.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Also, I've noticed that people who take shitty jobs like that aren't necessarily staying there, nor does it actually imply anything bad about them. On the contrary, one of the most hard working and intelligent people I know holds a job at McDonald's despite having a degree behind him in biological science. 

I'd actually work at Mickey D's if they were hiring here.

Juan: well, true to form he did try to kill everyone at the end of the teamup. Anyway, it's even more dangerous not to invite him.

I think that was actually the only Jokerish moment in the whole episode, really. And the problem is not so much that they invited him but that the team up happened, you know? Kind of the point of the Joker is that he simply doesn't play with others except, ironically, Batman.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

just when I think I actually enjoy English class...

In some works of literature, childhood and adolescence are portrayed as times graced by innocence and a sense of wonder; in other works, they are depicted as times of tribulation and terror. Focusing on the novel The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, explain how its representation of childhood or adolescence shapes the meaning of the work as a whole. NOTE Your essay must be five or more pages if you have been selected to take the College Board Examination, and at least four for the rest of the class. If you have been selected for the exam, you should also print two copies of your essay.