If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Typically my approach to that in works of fiction is "laws are made to be broken".

This is a belief that does not carry over into reality. Or games that don't bore me. Or reality-breakings that require effort.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, considering that you would essentially have to kill the Old One to manage that...

... Fuck that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, a demon who is like, an entire forest and can turn himself into a forest worm.

• A forest?

Fire will fix that right up.

• You can change. You can.

Fire fixes everything

I'm really annoyed at the fact that I read comic books right now :|

Nah. See, I have fire. But there's just so much forest that it doesn't matter at all.

Look, put it this way.

The Maiden is as tall as you.

When she walks past an arch, the arch is over four times her size.

When the view pans out, the Old One's mouth is something ridiculous like four times the size of the mouth.

And the Old One only gets bigger from there.

It's so big that you literally never see all of it. You can't. Even though you can see miles and miles of it.

You're able to kill an ancient dragon god, but the Maiden, who is very likely more powerful than you can be, cam only lull the Old One back into slumber. 

• What's your point? That fire won't solve the problem?

Then nuclear fire certainly will.

Now if only nuclear weapons existed there.

• Then make them, jeez. It'll only take a couple of thousand years, tops.

Kinda hard when you're dead and only able to travel to several specific places.

• edited 2012-03-18 07:36:54

Timeloop. Just use the time to start learning the knowledge, and pass it on to civilisation at the end of one of the cycles.

I could imagine it becoming somewhat like that Stargate episode, actually. Window of opportunity.

But the civilization is collapsing. We've been over this. You're kinda killing most of its' remnants.

• edited 2012-03-18 08:43:44
    Has friends besides tanks now

So I guess Periphery's guitarist covered Nyan Cat. And I'm not surprised at all.

Also, I listened to some stuff off of The Fall of Troy's last album, and one of the songs reminded me of Converge, of all things.

EDIT: And I guess Turisas has played it for an outro live at least once.

• So, started watching Gurren Lagann.  I like that it doesn't waste time at the start on exposition and character backstories and other boring stuff.  

But more importantly, it amuses me how much goth-loli detective anime Gosick's OP "Destin Histoire" is a ripoff of Gurren Lagann's "Sorairo Days".

• edited 2012-03-18 12:15:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Protip: skip episode four. It very briefly introduces a few characters who don't show up again until later, but isn't worth it. When some people show up later and everyone acts like they know them, that's them; you don't really need to see the episode if you keep that in mind.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Eh, I think episode four is amusing. It can be skipped, technically. 

• Actually, I've already seen episode 4.  I stopped after that the first time I tried watching it.

Not that I stopped because of episode 4.  I knew it gets better, it's just that I ended up forgetting to keep watching the show, because apparently without Myanimelist I can't actually remember to watch anything.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    IJBM: my mom is one of those people who thinks EVERYONE needs to hear about her dream EVERY night.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Nova - after hearing your problem with Demon Souls, all I can do is tell you to read Stephen King's Dark Tower books.

Juan - "I'm really annoyed at the fact that I read comic books right now :|" <-- Trouble finding one you want to read, or did you run across some of the less savory parts of the fandom?

[Farnsworthvoice] Good news everybody![/Farnsworthvoice] - I have obtained a PS3 because I am a huge whore for the Tales Series and I wanted to play Tales of Graces F. So with that, what are some good PS3 games? I'm already thinking of getting Infamous and the first two Uncharted games.

• edited 2012-03-18 12:32:48
    ^Demon's Souls. Though Dark Souls, which is crossplatform and might hit PC at some point, is better.

Infamous is good, as is Uncharted.
  • No rainbow star
    Maybe the guy in Demon Souls is trapped in Hell?
  • edited 2012-03-18 12:33:40

Demon Souls, however, is like $10 now.  So it's probably worth getting anyway.

Um... the PS3 port of Initial D Arcade Stage 4? >.>

-can't think of many PS3 games, due to not owning one- 

• edited 2012-03-18 12:34:58
    ^^Well, part of the premise in both souls games is that your character can't stay dead and is trying to fix that, so...

I couldn't play Demon/Dark souls and enjoy them. The excessive gushing from people here about them have given my a serious case of hyper aversion. If I got those games for whatever reason I would go in looking for flaws so I could go "see, no game could possibly be as good as these folks have made it out to be"

So yeah, IJBM has ruined those games for me before I even started playing them.

• edited 2012-03-18 12:38:47
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Valkyria Chronicles is a wonderful PS3 exclusive. Unfortunately, it was decided that its sequels were to be released on the PS3. In any case, it's a brilliant mix-up of turn-based and real-time strategy. A lot of people applaud the story and characters, which I don't honestly find particularly impressive, but it's simply a game that's fun to play and provides something a bit different from the standard TBS/TRS game. 

^ If you were to watch the Zero Punctuation episode on Demon's Souls, you might find it a balancing factor for your expectations. 

• edited 2012-03-18 12:39:16

Oh, also, if you were going to get Dark Souls, even though it's crossplatform, you should get the PS3 version anyway.  The 360 version has lots of framerate issues and occasional input lag that makes playing it pretty frustrating sometimes.  I don't know how the PS3 version is in comparison, but I'd bet it's at least a bit better.

EDIT: ^^ AH, I see.  Well... don't be like that.  That's a stupid attitude to have. 

Why not? Excessive praise is just as damning as acerbic criticism. It leaves you with the impression that the real thing could never live up to the standard people have for it in their heads.

• edited 2012-03-18 12:41:08
    I'm the first person to admit that both games have flaws. Demon's Souls is too short, unfair in many places and too exploitable in others. Dark Souls is really bad at indicating what order stuff should be done in.

But I think disliking a game because it's hyped up isn't a good attitude to have. I mean, no, the games aren't perfect, but if youre looking for a perfect game, you're going to have some trouble.

The hype mostly sets off "this is bullshit" warnings really. It's too much like advertising I guess for me to believe it.