If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Wow. I saw the video a page back, damn that's a bigot.

• ^ Agreed. Hope the channel gets taken down.

^^ I'll take it if you don't want it!

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Nova...I am disappoint.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I spent fifty dollars on this game. I'm not giving it away.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And now I have discovered that if I run away, I can hide behind a fire and the enemies are stupid enough to rush me, killing themselves instantly.

This just became a lot more fun.

• edited 2012-03-02 00:37:27
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Demon's Souls is less a fantasy adventure and more survival horrorish with roguelike elements and a mean streak that Stalin would be proud of. 

I hated it at first, too, actually. But I came back to it after a year of not playing, started again after reading an FAQ and loved it. As I've said before, its biggest flaw is that it doesn't teach you much except by allowing you to find out yourself.

This is a game that expresses the horror of your situation through its gameplay mechanics. Treat it as such. My runs of the first post-tutorial area weren't masterful, but if you're dying this much, you should try approaching scenarios with more caution. Be less aggressive, and draw enemies into chokepoints and other areas that put them at a disadvantage. It's a game where survivability is better than the capacity to defeat enemies quickly.

^ Ninja'd with style. A good example of how to win. 

• edited 2012-03-02 00:36:59
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^demonsouls.txt.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

>Realize that I've got a big backlog of games I need to finish

>Alright, other than buying Mass Effect 3 the minute it's out, I'll try to just focus on finishing some of the stuff I have

>Open Steam

>Saint's Row 2 on sale for $3.75

>oh for the love of god

This means I can, potentially, store enough Souls to repair and upgrade my Broadsword.

A lot of my problems now is that the Mailbreaker sucks; it just thrusts, and it takes me like, seven attacks to kill a Knight. The Broadsword was doing an easy 24 a hit, and like, 40-50 on a Power attack, which was allowing me to survive a lot better.

I'm going to upgrade my sword and armour, then tackle this place and see if the game is more enjoyable when I'm not dying every five minutes.

• No rainbow star

What the hell did I just watch?

Also, don't watch it on YouTube. It infinitely loops

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

can't look away

help

me

• No rainbow star

*pries Forzare away from the screen*

Well, I repaired my broadsword.

Maybe it's a placebo thing, but it's also the extra damage, but I am a lot more confident now. I three-shotted the knight with the blue helmet, and I have finally figured it out- thrusting attacks bypass parry, and heavy attacks break your shield (I already knew the last one). So now I can figure out my tactics against spearmen, too; presumably, holding my shield up to deal with them will work.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Guard break happens whenever you or an adversary runs out of stamina. Light attacks will do it, after a few hits, but a few heavy attacks are better. The only downside is that once you break their guard, you're likely at low stamina too -- but you have more than they do, so it's a good time to get in some hits. 

Now, I just need to figure out where I'm going and what I'm doing. halp

• Champion of the Whales

Oh, I need to get back into playing Demon's souls again but I just end up playing FF9 instead

Okay. 

What you're doing is trying to find the soul of a major demon to return you to body state. Furthermore, you're trying to slay all the demons in order to rid Boletaria of its demon curse. 

Right now, your objective is to progress through the area to find the lever which opens the main gate of the castle, which is directly ahead of you when you teleport in. Look out for other levers too, though, which can open up shortcuts. Shortcuts are important in this game, trust me. 

• I'd just like to let everyone know that I'm likely to be posting a lot less here in future, as Something Awful is basically taking up all of the time I can spare for this sort of thing anyway (I'm General Panic on there, but at the moment you can't PM me on SA). Also, I feel I should be cutting down my time on the Internet anyway.

It's nothing to do with anything that happened here. In fact I've enjoyed it and I'm glad to have met you (mostly). All the best for the future, guys.

Back at you, cap'n. 

Your temperate attitude and glorious beard avatar will be missed. 

• edited 2012-03-02 01:48:56

>Guy comes onto RP forum, PMs me about the familiar faces making him uncomfortable.

>I ask who

>He tells me he was on the admin team of a previous site related to the timeline, one of the admins on the current site turned the place into a dramafest (admittedly, not implausible) and another member of the leadership created a hidden sexual RP forum on the site (fuckin' ludicrous)

>I'm on the leadership

Guy's lucky I don't just let the rest of the Leadership know and have decided to watch him.

HALP THERE'S A DRAGON ON THE BRIDGE AND IT BREATHES FIRE

WHAT DO ALEX

ALSO HOW DO I OPERATE LEVERS

X, I believe. 

As for the dragon, what I always do is lure it into doing a pass and RUN THE FUCK AWAY.This should take care of a lot of the enemies on the bridge. Then, you lure it into doing another pass; as soon as that's done, sprint across. 

If you're at the dragon bridge, you're reasonably close to the end of the section. There should be a lever in a room just past it. 

I already did that. You took too long, I got bored of waiting :V

I just waited until the dragon flew away, then I jogged across the bridge until he came out and then ran. I made it with like, 2 health. Then I ate a Late Moon Herb and now everything is dead and a giant door is opened.

• No rainbow star

My leg hurts :<

I killed Phalanx. That was kind of monotonous.

• I gave up on Demon's Souls when I couldn't pause it. Fuck that shit man, it's not the Atari age any more.

Yeah, that is kind of an annoying feature. Five minutes into the fight with Phalanx, I just wanted to pause to rest my fingers.

Demon's Souls is meant to be played as an online game where other players dip in and out of your world as phantoms. Plus, horror elements. No pausing is actually a pretty clever way to keep the horror aspect going -- you have to be sure you're safe. 

Also, Cygs, did you get the cling ring? 

It might be a clever way to keep the horror aspect going, but really, it's kind of annoying, because it means that you constantly have to be there. Take my aforementioned issue with having sore fingers. Or, what do you do if the phone rings in the middle of a fight? What, do you just let it ring through so you can win the fight, or do you let yourself die and lose all that progress so you can answer it?

I tried to get the cling ring just now, since I beat Phalanx, but I died again. Now I am a soul again, fuck.