If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

I was actually kinda hoping they would ditch the ancestor framing device and just focus on Desmond's story and wrap things up. But they won't because lol cash cow and lol formula.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Man I'm just hoping the ditch Desmond altogether. I can't imagine anything less enticing than playing with him.

If it were up to me I'd just ditch the Animus aspect and just jump around history with different settings and characters.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

If it were up to me I'd just ditch the Animus aspect and just jump around history with different settings and characters.

Yep. The Animus is boring and unnecessary. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

If I saw an AC game without the Animus and Desmond, I'd assume it was a side-story they hadn't put much thought into, and wouldn't buy it.

^That's a... rather rash assumption.

From what I've seen of the spinoffs up til now, it's held so far.

The Animus never had to be there from the beginning, though. It was always a pointless aside to fun historical shenanigans. 

• You can change. You can.

I think they simply should conclude that story line and jump around and try new things. I mean, it's been proven that everyone hates desmond. then again 

>Talking about games only based on what he reads and hears

• edited 2012-03-01 00:18:55
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

What if it was a proper sequel (say AC IV) and they dropped the animus? 

And it's not like presence of the animus has been proof that a game wasn't phoned in. Revelations, I'm looking at you.

^^That too. If you took Desmond out of all the games nothing of value would be lost aside from a soft science nightmare framing device.

Mostly it is there to excuse the video game aspects of a video game.

Which most people would already excuse without the animus since it is, you know, a video game.

I don't get the hate for Desmond. He's bland, sure, but he's had what, 15, 20 minutes of screen time? Of course he's bland.

As for the Animus...I think the idea of the series as a flashback is that it allows you to see the Templars closer to the endgame.

> Gandalf shows up in the Fellowship of the Ring film
    > characterised in seconds

There are no excuses for poor characterisation.  

True...but still, I think they'd be able to give him some sort of personality if they ever actually focused a game on him. Which I doubt they'd do.

Ah, there is one thing the Animus gave us that was excellent. The ending of AC2 wouldn't have worked at all without it.

On the other hand, the ending of AC2 was silly. 

I liked it :/

Well, parts of it. The bit about solar flares or whatever was dumb.

• edited 2012-03-01 00:36:09
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

My problem with the ending of AC2 was it took it from being a global intrigue behind the scenes conspiracy to... whatever that was at the end of AC2 with Adam and Eve being created by space aliens. Also, Ezio just walked off the mind-blowing revelation like a champ.

Honestly, a game with Desmond would... well, it would have to be a completely different game. Assassination is a different game in the modern era. In other words, it wouldn't have the runny-jumpy-climby-ninja-y aspect I like so much.

Yeah, while I don't hate Desmond as much as most people do, I don't actually want to play a game as him.

I honestly think the issue with Screed is that it doesn't at all need the stuff that isn't strictly historical. Everything of interest happens within the confines of history, and everything in a modern context is boring compared to jumping around historical locales looking for some fatcat to skewer. 

Man, I totally hope there's a part of AC3 where you have to get Benjamin Franklin out of France for impregnating a 14-year-old.

• AC3

Suddenly, I want to play Armored Core 3 again.  Too bad I don't have it here.

Granted there are ways to work around the present to include the runny jumpy stabby aspects we love so much. Like confining the game to Abstergo facilities or First Civilization ruins. Sure people would still have guns, but hopefully they would improve the stealth meechanics and eagle eye abilities to give you a better work around.

• edited 2012-03-01 00:59:50
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The way around them having guns would be to make it easy to get into areas they can't shoot into (air vents, anyone?)

And if you're out in the open and they're aware of you...well, what the hell did you do that for? :P

^^Maybe for a linear platformer, but for a sandbox game?

First Civilization ruins are pretty big and you just need to add an Abstergo presence to make them populated. As for facilities, Absetergo is a fucking huge megacorp. It's perfectly fine for them to have a small city/base all to themselves.

Really since AC2 the games have been pretty linear already. You just had the option to dick around running all over various cities before going after the story objectives. 

Man, Another is awesome. It's basically what I was hoping Higurashi would be. (COME AT ME, FORZABRO!)

• No rainbow star

I have an assignment due in less than 9 hours and I've barely started

For once though I have a LEGITIMATE excuse. I came up with a great idea at the last minute that I couldn't just ignore

I may not finish, but fuck it, as long as I have the plans to show the professor, explain the idea well, and have a good sample of it done (the idea can still be demonstrated and shown off as long as I have some of the sewing done. I'll just need a tube to wrap it around), it should be ok (this college for most of the studio courses seems to encourage creative thinking more than anything. It's more the design courses that they say, "Little to no deviation because clients")

If anybody is wondering, the idea is telling a story through touch via sewing and patterns (in straight(ish) lines to allow the hand to wander a bit). So I have no fucking idea what I'm doing as I'm working in a (presumably) non existent medium. But fuck is it fun to let my mind go wild at the whole idea :D

• Long talk about future with parents.

I need to go and extend Emiya ver 2 to play for about a year and a half now so that I have constant, awesome background music.

• @Assassins Creed Talk: Apparently, they're never ever going to make a Desmond game.

• edited 2012-03-01 05:15:32
    One foot in front of the other, every day.