If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Okay

My future is still badly fucked, but a little less fucked

This is good

• You can change. You can.

What are you on?

beer and bubblegum

it was a really shitty day and i didn't want to walk out to the store ok

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^I meant which arc of Morrison's Batman but okay.

Also, for all those who recommended Hanako, this felt pertinent.

^I meant which arc of Morrison's Batman but okay.

I know, I was doing this thing humans do where they make say something humurous in order to amuse the person who they're speaking to. 

Anyway, I'm pretty much at the end, during The Return Of Bruce Wayne. I fucked up the reading order, though. I ended up reading that before finishing Batman and Robin Must Die.

Return of Bruce Wayne is kinda mind-fucky but a thorough reading makes it clear.

I think I got it now that I'm letting it sit down and read RIP's missing chapter.

• edited 2012-02-29 21:42:05
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Amazon once again emailed me informing me that they're having trouble obtaining Guild Wars II. This may have something to do with the fact that the release date hasn't been announced yet.

Maybe I preordered it a bit too early.

OK, done and done at last. 

So...lemme get this straight:

After Batman was sent by Darkseid back in time, he sent some sort of black...demon...idea...thing. New Gods are ideas, so this makes sense. ANYWAY! Bruce Wayne awakes in the middle of fucking nowhere, year Caveman, fights some cavemen who venerate him as a shining one and is called the Man of Bats. After saving the tribe who found him and marking a spot in order to leave a trail, Batman wakes up in Gotham during the whole Witch Hunting Craze and while being hunted by the black...demon...idea...thing. He fights it and rescues a girl called Annie who's being hunted because people think she's a witch, as she doesn't worship God and cares about nature. Bruce then undergoes the name of Mordecai Wayne and pretends to be a witch hunter, although he doesn't believe in witches and tries to undermine the actual witch hunter's job. Until he fails and they burn Annie because he's fighting the black demon idea thing once again and ends up in blackbeard's crew. There, he's asked to find some sort of Bat treasure that the Viagani (Or Bat-People) are hiding. Batman fends them off and then reawakens in the American West. Fights Jonah Hex as he's hired by Vandal Savage to find a box that will supposedly end the world once it's open and which can only be opened by a certain melody. Jonah Hex ends up shooting Bruce the Cowboy and he wakes up in Gotham City right around the time his parents are shot dead. He's hired by Marsha to investigate the case. It turns out to be a set up in order to kidnap him and perform a ritual to summon the Bat Demon Idea Thing (Which is referred to as Barbatos) and thus grant immortality to Marsha and Doctor Hurt, who is the guy behind the Black Glove, which were the guys who took Batman and fucked with his mind so badly that he had to resort to his back up personality, the Batman of Zur-en-Arrh. During the ritual, though, he ends up in the archive at the end of the universe where he meets Rip Hunter's search party and tells them the story of Mordecai in order to scare them and buy some time. After that, he gives them a time machine in order to go back as Bruce himself finds his way back to the Twentieth Century. The Black Demon Idea Thing fuses with him and neutralizes the whole of the Justice League till Tim starts reaching through Batman's brain and finally reminds him of his duty and he manages to shake it off. After that...he...somehow recovers.

...honestly, all i can say is...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

and people say anime is weird

I'd say it's more because Grant Morrison is weird and he tends to love all the spacey-wacey, timey-wimey stuff. 

Plus references to old stories that he read when he was a kid.

He's basically, "What if Geoff Johns understood that nostalgia is good in healthy basis"

• Has friends besides tanks now

Was it that easy to follow in the comics? It's weird, but it had some coherency.

I did apply a lot of reductionism to the whole thing. 

And that's just The Return of Bruce Wayne part of the whole thing, anyway.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I definetly think the run climaxed with Final Crisis and Alfred's speech before Batman confronted Darkseid.

• edited 2012-02-29 22:13:13
    Diet NEET

>Play wingman to brodette at free booze party, she rejects everybody in a hilariously snide manner(like, she dismissed one dude because she faux-psychoanalyzed him with an Oedipus complex)

>Crash other party, pilver sunglasses and earmuffs, sign up for crew for introductory week next study year

>Return, mess up orders for the food bar, get wasted

>Dance with beer brodette in Bavarian costume, blow raspberries in each other's faces but don't go in for the kiss

Best eve in a long time, even though I messed up the climax.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Man, I kinda wish I was jaded enough to not be horrified at that.

• edited 2012-02-29 23:32:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

D8<

That said, the first case to get tried with that law will get laughed down in appeals.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Jesus. Good thing I'll be in--

Wait, no, I'll probably be in Pennsylvania, not Canada.

But still. 388-3? Really? Really?

• That said, the first case to get tried with that law will get laughed down in appeals.

Doesn't it still have to pass the Supreme Court anyway?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It has to pass the Supreme Court if someone complains about it and appeals it enough and SCOTUS grants certiorari.

I'm actually legitimately psyched for this. I've been saying Colonial Philadelphia would be awesome setting for this franchise.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Wait, did they just skip the potential to have a Screed game set during the Thirty Years War?

Because I think they did. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

fuck yeah

That reminds me, though, I need to go back and finish Assassin's Creed 2.

And then get Brotherhood.

And Revelations.

I enjoyed Brotherhood more or less, but I'd recommend renting since it doesn't really do all the much new stuff. 

• I still need to get Revelations.

• edited 2012-02-29 23:46:50
    I'm a damn twisted person

The best things about Brotherhood were the addition of kill streaks, the crossbow and the ability to summon assassins. I really hope they throw in some gameplay overhaul in AC3 for a breath of fresh air.

The one thing that worries me is the bow-and-arrow/tomohawk. While including the Native Americans makes way too much sense, I hope it's not a 'mighty whitey' situation.

It'd be rad if the protagonist were native, though.

• edited 2012-02-29 23:53:24
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The picture makes him look native American, I think.

i still need to play Asscreed in the first place. 

a shitload of games i have to play, actually. 

which means that i should sell more shit, actually

^^All two visible inches of him?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yes.