If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have considered it. I'm not sure how effective it would be, though.

Problem is, it's one of those things that works best face-to-face, yunno?

I mean, it really helps to be able to hear people's tone and pitch as they talk, for one, and this laptop sucks for microphones, as my voice recording up there was testing.

• You can change. You can.

Well, it definetly works better face-to-face, but...well, you don't have a way of doing it face to face unless you seek singing and vocal training in general and then use that knowledge by itself to sound high-pitched-er

which is not an entirely bad idea, but whatever

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's more than just pitch, is the problem. Tone, word voice, blah blah blah heaps of stuff involved that makes it really hard to do over the internet.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I know a guy over the internet who can speak with a woman's voice. I've heard him, it's pretty mind-boggling.

Anyway, he told me that every man has a woman's voice "underneath" -- the default human voice is female, and the male version is just "bits added on" or something. I'm not sure how much that helps, though, and like as not you already have that information.

• No rainbow star

Cygan's avatar makes me want to reach through the internet and hug her D:

• Many people feel that regardless of her choice of avatar.

In the context it is taken from, Chrona is struggling mentally with herself. She is unable/unwilling to answer the questions she is asking herself, as she is afraid of confronting that.

She has drawn a line in the sand, and she is afraid to go outside of it or to let anyone in.

It is a surprisingly touching scene.

• No rainbow star

:<

• Do you use it as a reflection of yourself? I use mine in the way it represents the best of Eastern and Western media, I can't think of anything else I would use.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

She's a tragic monster alright, still a dangerous monster.

I just use my avatars because they look nice

I use avatars of characters I consider cool and or flashy.

Do you use it as a reflection of yourself? I use mine in the way it represents the best of Eastern and Western media, I can't think of anything else I would use.

I use it because I can relate to the situation and to the character, but not necessarily to the specifics.

With that said, I should get a new face before sleeping...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I use mine because it's from the show I was watching when I joined the TVT forum and now I'm too stubborn to use something else.

• I don't have any reasons for using mine.

Need to switch to GARcher here as well.

^^ Not even getting it in PNG?

Anyway, new avatar's up, time to hit the bed

But I'm lazy T_T

Mikado isn't as cool as cigarrette smoking man, I mean Shizuo, not cancerman.

• No rainbow star

My avatar is due to it being a character from my game world

Well, if we're one-upping, Shizuo isn't as cool as Simon.

But Brezhnev is a bystander!

You have seen that bit in the last episode, right?

If you haven't, I'm not going to spoil the awesome.

He could have stopped him at any point, he only handed him karma.

• edited 2012-01-23 01:12:08
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Nevertheless.

My school's anime club gave him a standing ovation. This never happened for Shizuo. QED.

• Our school doesn't have an anime club.

Surprising, actually.

It is an stading ovation because he handed karma to a character who, during the whole season, escaped it.

Also, Shizuo can be surgically intervened while awake and speaking, and from gunshot wounds, and he can whistand the slashers' mind control...

• I always feel a bit embarrassed about my avatar (which, for anyone who doesn't know is Captain John Smith of Pocahontas fame). I was looking around in a hurry for a picture of a captain and it was the best I could manage, but I think it makes me look even older than I actually am.

And bearded, which I'm not.

• Glaives are better.

What's the time limit for mourning a dead relationship?

I mean, let's say that a certain handsome, intelligent, hilarious and charismatic young man has an attractive female friend who has very recently broken up with a delightful (but incompetent at relationships) boyfriend who happens to be a good friend of said handsome, intelligent, hilarious and charismatic young man. And if said attractive female friend has previously made it explicit that she wanted to date a certain awesome young man, were she to attain single status, and she has steadily been escalating the level of physical intimacy between them.

Because currently, hypothetically, a certain handsome, intelligent, hilarious and charismatic young man might be feeling some amount of consternation at the situation he may or may not be finding himself in at this point in time. Perhaps he'd be having feelings of loyalty to the ex-boyfriend, with whom he is good friends, and is worried that it might be improper for him to jump in, so to speak, so soon after the breaking up had occurred. On the other hand, said young man might also find his female friend to be downright banging, so to speak, has established a friendly rapport with her, shared many adventures and has a good deal of chemistry with her. He might feel that, even though there is no chance of his delightful female companion returning to a relationship with his bro, his bro may harbor feelings of resentment. 

So, considering these facts, what's the best course of action?

What's the time limit for mourning a dead relationship?

As long as it takes them to get over it.