If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-01-22 13:13:23
    No rainbow star
    What was that christmas song that had a kids rabbit being cooked for christmas, then it implied at the end that he killed and is cooking his dad?

Edit: ...Well, there's a sentence I never thought I'd say
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Blargh. The idea of finishing Catch-22 and writing an essay for it over the course of the next four days is suddenly very daunting, as I have other stuff that I would like to do on these days. I'll probably just go back to The Picture of Dorian Gray, finish that, and then write an essay about inherent human capacity for good and evil or something.

^ I didn't know there was a song quite like that. Or at least, not one that had become popular.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Don't know if it was popular. I just remember it being mentioned before but I lost the version I found

It was a version translated into English if I recall - The song wasn't originally English at all, but came from a country that apparently has issues with people stealing pet rabbits for christmas dinner?
  • edited 2012-01-22 13:30:11
    Diet NEET

^Flappie by Youp van 't Hek.

>have essay & chores to do

>brodette needs shoulder to cry on because heartbreak

>can recycle old essay and hopefully browbeat some balls into the brodette

• Recycling essays is always nice.

Also, Mouretsu Pirates seems interesting after the first few episodes.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Moeshit space pirates=Malk approves.

• edited 2012-01-22 14:46:54
    No rainbow star
    ^^^ Thank you! :D
  • a little muffled

I kinda want to watch the moe space pirate anime. Especially since apparently it's actually somehow not a fanservice-fest.

• edited 2017-07-20 08:34:08
  • It's not fanservicey so far, but it's only the third episode.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I've decided to give Umineko another try.

My Physics homework was really easy for once! :D

Off to Skyrim for the first time in a week or two.

• Luckily we're only on vectors and 2-D kinematics in my Physics.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I never took physics.  I dropped out two weeks in because I didn't need it to graduate and I wanted to lose all the unnecessary classes.

^ I did that with Chemistry, except I was about a month in before dropping.

And this is actually my second year of Physics; last year was Honors, and now I'm in AP, which is much, much harder.

^^ Lucky bastard! We're cramming mechanics and electricity/magnetism into my current class. We just started the latter.

• ^^ Must be nice.

^ Ouch. We're just doing classical mechanics this semester, so linear dynamics, conservation laws, rotational dynamics, that kinda stuff, along with applications of each.

• it's because you people sound like a kick in the balls

Well...you're a...ball...SHUT UP!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Erm, sorry if it coms across as harsh, but you really need to train your voice.

have you considered singing classes or anything of the sort?

I looked into voice training, but the dude said he wasn't willing to train a guy to speak like a girl :|

So oh well 

Question: if a PbP game with no set schedule and eight people has no posts for two days, with no explanation, am I justified in asking where everyone is? Or just quitting, for that matter?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The first, yeah; the second, maybe.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I know that feel. Ask where everybody is. If most of them can't even bother to respond to that in a reasonable time, leave.

• edited 2012-01-22 16:55:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

Honestly, I kind of hope that they don't respond, since the game is a little boring anyway, and the players aren't particularly interesting. The ST is cool, though, which makes me sad that he chose this group to ST for.

EDIT: . . . Forget it, I think I'll just quit and join Malk's game.

On the one hand, I'm not glad your game didn't work out.

On the other hand, that means Malk's game might actually get off the ground :P

• edited 2012-01-22 17:05:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, I'm still not sure; I'd still much rather play Requiem, as I already know the rules to that much better and there seems to be less focus on the metagame, but 1) I don't want to try STing just yet (though I might toss together a setting idea soon), 2) I wouldn't want to try to usurp him, and 3) I don't want to try GitP for . . . well, any more games, period.

Actually, I have an idea: if he still hangs around BTL often enough, maybe he could start a game there; there seems to be an abundance of people. As long as tnu doesn't ask to join. Or I could try to set up a game of D&D there; I still want to run a more successful game than the Jammies game.

I don't want to try GitP for . . . well, any more games, period.

I probably should have warned you, but I was hoping it changed in the years since I'd been there.

• I looked into voice training, but the dude said he wasn't willing to train a guy to speak like a girl :|
    That's dumb.

Also I keep wanting to work on my voice but I can't afford training or anything and I don't know where to start.

• edited 2017-07-20 08:09:59
  • You can change. You can.

So, I finally moved. Next week we're probably going to have to wait till our internet is disconnected and our own connection is set up because blah blah blah complicated shit

That's dumb.

Transphobia and the like are rampant in this town.

Less so in the rest of Australia, but it's pretty big in most of the smaller cities.

• You can change. You can.

Have you considered asking around online? I mean, it's obviously not going to be as great as a personal tutor, but it would set you on the right tracks.