If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-01-23 19:08:30
    No rainbow star
    Isn't whether or not the phrase is offensive kind of dependant on tone?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

What if I hear a song I don't like, but am not good at articulating why I don't like it? Because that happens to me a lot.

• edited 2012-01-23 19:21:53
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ I guess so. Though with rap, it's a little worse when the tone is offensive.

How so?

• edited 2012-01-23 19:12:01
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Ehhh, I'm not seeing it.  There's not many rap songs I could point to and say I like.  Or country.  Or jazz.  It's not saying "all jazz is terrible," it's saying "I don't generally like jazz."  And music enjoyment is like the most subjective thing ever.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Neither Malk nor I were saying "I don't like jazz/country/rap" is the bad statement. "That kind of music" is the one that ought to be avoided.

• edited 2012-01-23 19:23:27
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I know, I'm saying there's not really a difference.  "It" in that post was referring to using "that kind of music."

• There is absolutely no difference whatsoever between saying "that kind of music" and specifying a genre.  If you're getting offended by people saying one and not the other, it's because you're overly sensitive and just looking for a reason to be offended.

How does that make even the slightest of differences?

• Has friends besides tanks now

It's not as likely to be a problem when referring to genres besides rap. But when it is rap, not referring to it by name is a bit sketchier.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I honestly don't see how that is.

• edited 2012-01-23 19:26:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I don't see how. And even then, what if I do like rap, just not rap similar to that song?

• edited 2012-01-23 19:34:46
    Has friends besides tanks now

^ Then . . . be more specific? I wouldn't think it that hard to describe what's off when listening to a song.

^^ All right, then. It's a relatively un-intuitive phrase, though; wouldn't it be easier to just state the name of the genre anyway? I dunno, maybe I'm just reading too much condescension into it; I mean, I would imagine that, when referring to a genre of music that you do like, you would refer to it by name. Just seems elitist to me.

• You can change. You can.

Juan: eye are elle or did I miss something?

eye are elle

• edited 2012-01-23 20:25:09
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I know, I'm saying there's not really a difference.  "It" in that post was referring to using "that kind of music."

There is though. The choice of the latter words has a specific connotation of othering and with rap and hip-hop... guess which group is being othered?

It's equivalent to 'those people' essentially which is also a term that's going to make me look at you with less-than-positive eyes.

• New chair for my room.

Fucking comfortable.

• Does enjoying looking at stuff like this make me a dork?

• Glaives are better.

I talked to the roommate of my significant friend, who is also my friend. We cuddled a bit, watched Arrested Development, then talked about her. I eventually, awkwardly, broached the topic of whether or not there's a customary waiting period before asking out a girl who's just broken up.

She was overjoyed. She said that she thought it was a great idea, that we'd make a great couple, that the girl had been giving me all the right signs, and that she was positive that she'd say yes if I asked her out. She advised me to wait a week and also - somehow - talk to my buddy, because he might have some feelings on the issue. I agreed and said that if it came down to it, I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize my friendship with him.

I... I think that I might actually have a chance with this girl. She actually seems to reciprocate my feelings of deep affection and lust.

This is a strange and new feeling.

I'm scared, IJBM.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

She was overjoyed.

oh god it's a shipper

run

• Glaives are better.

She's not into that stuff.

The girl next door, on the other hand, asked my permission to write homoerotic fanfic about me.

• They're somethin' else.

Goddamn I love Shermie XD

• Nausea. Dislike.

• edited 2012-01-24 11:09:43
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

my head is full of Agapé

(Please disregard the picture of the random animé character.  No really, please do, because I have no idea who she is, and I only really wanted to post the music.)

• So are any of you ready for fast paced elevator simulating action?

• Seen it already, but a playthrough without the incessant talking. The weeaboo floor cracked me up.

• No rainbow star
    Tempura squid has an odd aftertaste. Don't think I'll ever try it again (at least not the kind produced in a North American Asian Style Food restaurant)
  • Glaives are better.

TEMPURA! THANK YOU!

I kept wondering what it was that I wanted to make. I couldn't remember the name.

• No rainbow star
    ^ You're welcome?
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Thanks, Saigyouji

What did I explicitly tell you not to do. >:<

• Glaives are better.

I had tempura french fries once. It was the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. I need to find a recipe.