If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

No,but we have words for genderless things were both grammatical genders can be used. (El mar,la mar. El calor,la calor)

• edited 2012-01-20 18:19:07
    You can change. You can.

I don't think those see any use except in old castellan towns where everyone talks like Don Quixote.

• edited 2012-01-20 18:22:21
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You are quite the city mouse, Juan_Carlos, I see both uses for those kinds of words.

• edited 2012-01-20 18:23:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Grading Talk: Well, in all honesty, most of my classes are pretty easy. Just, you know, not AP Physics with a lousy teacher and students I'm not comfortable asking for help.

But our grading system is this: <70 = E, 70-76 = D, 77-84 = C, 85-92 = B, and 93-100 = A.
  • You can change. You can.

You are quite the city mouse, Juan_Carlos, I see both uses for those kinds of words.

Yeah, but aren't they not grammatical? I mean, I've seen them myself in farms and old towns I've visited, but I always assumed they were, you know, colloquial stuff.

• edited 2012-01-20 18:43:02
    Kichigai birthday!!

Acording to the Real Academia, "Calor" is masculine,but can also be used as a femenine for its first meaning,and "mar" is ambiguous so both forms are correct.

Also, not relevant but "Setiembre","Otubre" and "Asín" are all valid apparently.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The hell is Asín?

• Kichigai birthday!!

Vulgar form of así.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

you're not supposed to like classic music >:|

Why not?

• Feeling very melancholy today.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

gerafsjdzghfdlixjakwdszhgvnchjdxkfhznclijzskfdbncjhfkdxbmcnehjdsfbcnljskfcnsljzkfbvsjlzkfbnlaznclsz,jdncvkdxszsdpfzcbksaugsfhdckzxfhlsuhzdfchsweoidfhcsldfnclkeshnfdcuivkzsdfhboawdlszkfx

I need to choke a bitch!

• edited 2012-01-20 20:43:51
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • Turns out the peeps in proper theme could be counted on a handful. Luckily there's a retry next week, without annoying douches who want to highfive everyone and toss drinks on the floor on purpose.

• ^^I was just watching that.

A few hours ago.

you're not supposed to like classic music >:|

Why not?

because you're not supposed to have good taste, damnit >:|

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Overheard yesterday in the comic shop.

"So Archie has two hot girlfriends AND he gets to meet KISS? Man, he's the comic character I want to be the most."

The damnedest thing is I can't find a flaw in this logic.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

That may be a point.

I mean, does serious shit actually happen to Archie? Actual, consistent drama? 'Cause I'm pretty sure he just goes back to boning his two hot girlfriends all the time and there is no lasting tension. Sounds like a pretty neato time to me.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's mostly episodic comedy. I think the occasional arc comes in, like when Archie started dating the black girl in Josie and the Pussycats. (This was controversial. Seriously) and the gay guy getting to go into the military but nothing on the level of,say, the constan Spidey melodrama.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Watching Portlandia and laughing my ass off is a great way to stay up late!

• No rainbow star

The derp in this article makes me smile

I didn't even have to research this as I got the information from another site.

1) These aren't endangered dolphins, these are pilot whales

2) It barely even scratches their population

3) They are killing them for food

4) They don't use the hooks to kill the animals

5) Those islands are their own country

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

because you're not supposed to have good taste, damnit >:|

:|

sorry, cygan, but it's a fact of life that you don't have good taste, even if you like the same stuff as me.

well, probably because...

• IJBM: MegaUpload is gone.

Now I wonder if some of the stuff I've downloaded from there still exists on the internet.

• No rainbow star

The eagle on the right side of that notice and its pose makes me think of it going, "FUCK YEAH! I'M AN EAGLE, BITCHES!"

• Went to see Jeff Mangum last night at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.  Driving there took longer than the concert, because New York is far away...  Driving back took longer than the concert as well, of course.  In fact, waiting for the concert to start after we picked up our tickets and had nothing to do also took longer than the concert.  Still worth it.

• edited 2012-01-21 06:59:03
    You can change. You can.

ETA: Lol misread Mangum as Magnum.

• I still have horrible taste, relax.

• edited 2012-01-21 14:29:08
    Has friends besides tanks now

Has anyone here tried double minoring or, heaven forbid, double majoring in college? If so, what's it like (aside from the obvious "more work")? One of the universities I want to apply to has English and Creative Writing as options for majors and minors, as well as Publishing and Editing as a minor. I really want to minor in Publishing and Editing, for the sake of having some grounding in a relatively reasonable post-education career, but then there's the matter of wanting both what English has to offer and what Creative Writing has to offer. I don't really have a portfolio of work (though I'm working on stuff; just not necessarily stuff that I'm committed to), so English might be more feasible, but I want to be published at some point, so focusing on the how of writing, as opposed to the why, might be better for me. I know what the differences between the programs are, essentially; I just don't know which would benefit me more.

What do?

• edited 2012-01-21 14:30:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I was going to, but...well, at the moment, I don't even know where I'm going to go to college >.>

As for the other stuff...I dunno.

• Double majoring can be really shitty if the two majors you pick don't share any courses in common.  My friend was considering double majoring in Digital Media and Computer Science.  But since the two are completely unrelated it would have taken him like 7 years to complete his major, plus the obvious having a shitton more work to do.

It sounds like your two majors are a lot more similar though, so maybe you could try both of them for your first year or so, and see if you've made a decision by then, and if you end up deciding that you only want to do one of them you probably at least won't have wasted a year's worth of classes.