If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

had a fight with the sister. gotta love those. Bleh. 

• No rainbow star
    Bah. Now another wisdom tooth is pushing through
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Did some work on Infinite Tree. Not completely caught up on replying to suggestions, but I got a fair amount done.

• edited 2012-01-21 14:48:56
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^^^ Sounds good. Considering how often first-year students are apparently undecided, I think I wouldn't suffer too much from that. I think what I'll do is say that I'm interested in English primarily, but then submit a portfolio anyway, perhaps later on, and if they accept me, I would say that I'm interested in either majoring in or minoring in Creative Writing, and see if I can do that.

On a related note, I'm not sure if now is a good or a bad time to bone up on classical epic poetry (it also seems to be the only poetry that I enjoy).

• No rainbow star
    My dad thinks that Anonymous members should have their fingers crushed with hammers

=S
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Why would a person having a nude camera feed in their spare time make it ok to fire them from their job?
    (I'm reading some rubbish sites tonight) 

• No rainbow star

For the same reason it would be to fire someone who said that they were sad that the local strip club got closed and that they support single mothers for sexual harassment?

...God that sentence sounds awkward D:

• edited 2012-01-21 21:46:39
    Has friends besides tanks now

This alone makes me want to finish Bakemonogatari. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Saw it. Haven't read it yet. Will in a minute.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Time does not exist in the void.

You have hit upon one of my pet peeves here >:|

If the abstract concept of 'time' does not exist in the void, then I would expect the experience to have lasted forever; but simultaneously, it would not have happened at all.

Merely being unable to tell how long you were there for, or having time extended to feel much longer than it did- that's not time failing to exist; that's just time being warped.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Danny is not exactly an expert on the subject.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, but Danny is not the one choosing the words- you are :|

In character as Danny, though.

I'm of two minds on that.

On the one hand, that's one of my pet peeves as well. Reminds me of that bit in Doctor Who where a demon thing claims to have been around before time, only for the Doctor to point out that that doesn't even make sense.

On the other hand, it is something I'd expect a person to say when describing a situation in which time can't be perceived properly.

I'll comment more on it once I've actually read it :P

Read up to that point. Given that the line sounds good and it's something the character would actually say, I'd say leave it in unless you can think of an alternative that sounds just as good.

• edited 2012-01-22 00:39:55
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Currently watching Alatriste.

Viggo Mortensen reprises his role as Aragorn, the 17th century Spanish elite soldier gone merc gone pirate. I'm only 10 minutes into it, which is basically the end of the first action sequence, but it's pretty awesome.

Also, I seem to be on a bit of a seafaring theme. Episodes 2 and 3 of Mouretsu Pirates were pretty good. The pacing could use some fine-tuning, but they were entertaining enough.

• Hmm, I suppose I should start watching that while it's only a few episodes in.

>MFW I stayed up till 4 AM playing card games

>MFW I didn't even win

>MFW I was pretty much crushed from the getgo

gaiz, i'm a masochist

with that said, i'm starting to hear voices and i need to sleep. 

• No rainbow star

Wait, is that you Cygan?

I thought you were female?

• edited 2012-01-22 03:06:21
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm transgendered

MtF

Yes, it is me.

• No rainbow star

Ah, ok then

Now I remember why I usually don't do stuff like this :v

awkward questions ahoy

But seriously, Finnegan's Wake is illegible

• No rainbow star

=/ Well that was going to be my only question, really. Why bother asking more if I don't need to know more, after all?

• You sound very Australian.

It's weird, I never notice when I'm talking to a person or listening on the radio, but when I hear a recording, see a TV show, watch a movie etc, Australian accents really come through.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Likewise.

it's because you people sound like a kick in the balls

everybody recognizes a kick in the balls

also: Cygan: Erm, sorry if it coms across as harsh, but you really need to train your voice.

have you considered singing classes or anything of the sort?

• But you never had any to begin with.

Why would a person having a nude camera feed in their spare time make it ok to fire them from their job?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^
    That is stupid.