If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

The only thing that bothered me is that the lead up to the finale was kinda annoying. Especially with [Faraday's] death and all that.

Which reminds me that my only complaint against Lost up till that point was "Not enough Juliet"

The finale worsened this. >:|

• edited 2012-01-16 21:45:57
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Yeah, I wish he hadn't died.

And there's never enough Juliet.

My biggest issue with the finale (and season 5 in general, really) is that how Jack's motivation for wanting to nuke the island is basically "Baww, Kate doesn't love me anymore."

Though apart from that, I really did enjoy season 5 quite a bit. It wasn't as good as 4, but I never thought it felt too bogged down or deeply flawed, or whatever. I also noticed that, like pretty much all of Lost, it benefits a lot from a second viewing. Scenes like Ben and Alex in the temple, and "Locke" telling Richard what to say to past him take on a much different, much creepier tone.

Plus the whole "unstuck in time" thing was a cool concept.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

togglebox

y u break page

• I'm here now primarily because I'm almost done with TVT and I thought Vanilla had shut down HH (they didn't.). Moving it onto another host has come up as of late, though.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Comeback to dorm.

>Find an empty 24 pack of beer and a half full bottle of vodka.

My roommate has some explaining to do.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    > buy Skyward Sword

> price tag of $98

wtf

> look at Skyrim

> price tag of $110

They're going /up/
  • What is the usual price of games in Australia?

• edited 2012-01-16 22:08:56
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Skyward Sword's cheaper than Skyrim over here too, I think. By like $13 US...which is a larger margin than you have over there even before you take into account the massively inflated price...what the hell, game publishers.

• I thought it was just the case of Wii games being consistently $10 cheaper.

• edited 2012-01-16 22:22:56

So, since Vanilla Forums is such a lovely host, infinitetree.vanillaforums.com is now infinitetree.cl0.vanillaforums.com

And because of the way they handled redirects, that means I get to go through the whole thing and add "cl0" to every goddamn link on the site. That, or the whole thing becomes completely unreadable. That's probably five or six hundred links.

Fuck.

• They did that with HH too. I think at least the "heapers.vanillaforums.com" domain redirects to the new "heapers.cl0.vanillaforums.com" domain now. The transition into it made me think they had shut down the forum, which was really rather shocking to me.

And relatedly, I think I'm having trouble moving on from TVT. I feel it's in my best interest, but doing it is hard. I know this place, HH, and a bunch of others have the same people, but it still feels kind of different.

• edited 2012-01-16 22:26:26

I think at least the "heapers.vanillaforums.com" domain redirects to the new "heapers.cl0.vanillaforums.com" domain now

Yeah, but all links to the old domain link to the front page of the new domain. And since Infinite Tree is read by following links between threads...T_T

• I didn't know that, sorry.

Ugh.

• law of silence

@INUH: That is...incredibly inconvenient, to say the least. Damn.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

At least it gave me an excuse to pimp Infinite Tree even more :P

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Abyss_Worm: You usually get new games from betwwen $50-70.
  • Wow. Talk about a ripoff.

Pokemon Black cost me $90 :V

• edited 2012-01-17 00:35:15

INUH wrote:
    Yeah, but all links to the old domain link to the front page of the new domain. And since Infinite Tree is read by following links between threads...T_T

Wow, that's pretty shitty. I mean, I get that they couldn't have anticipated a forum consisting almost entirely of links to itself, but breaking inbound links is kind of a dick move either way.

• And the thumbnails of avatars on HH's Activity page are almost all broken now too.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Pokemon Black cost me $90 :V

• New PS3 games are 110 each, sometimes 120.

Usually, American price x 2 = Australian Price.

Threads reworked on Infinite Tree: 40/102

T_T

• Can you run a script or something? Write a bot and give it mod powers so it can edit every post?

I wouldn't know how to do that >.>

I'm just going over them and copy-pasting their contents into notepad, running a find/replace and pasting them back. It's sped things up quite a bit.

Progress now at 70/102.

I wanted to spend this time writing T_T

• edited 2012-01-17 01:21:54

DONE!

:D

But I was supposed to be in bed 20 minutes ago, so I can't write T_T 

Night, people.

• Good night INUH.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Night, INUH.