If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I found that quite amusing as well.

• You can change. You can.

i don't get it

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    if god exists i'm going to find him and stab him for cursing me with headaches
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, Amazon just sent me an email saying that they just can't seem to get their hands on that copy of Guild Wars 2 that I ordered, so it might be awhile before I get it.

I'd be far more concerned if Guild Wars 2 had an announced release date.

• No rainbow star
    What's so funny about 4 installments of $24.99?

Also, the Heapers Hangout feels like Wonderpost central. How do people make that their main forum and NOT burn out?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I thought that being wonderpost central was the point of HH.
  • No rainbow star
    Yeah, but people have limits!

...Right?

there are talk threads in HH. It isn't always about being monkey cheese random.

It's kinda like thinking that we're all about complaining all the time. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^^The shotgun is better in that regard. As is the pistol. And biotics.

I can't shoot as far away with the shotgun.

that's why you use the shotgun in close encounters

• I have absolutely never played a shooter where I have wanted to be far away from my enemies.

Which, after saying it like that, makes me understand why I'm bad at FPSes. >.> 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> implying I'm stupid enough to get in close encounters

The special ability for the shotgun turns it into a missile launcher ^_^

I normally maintain regular distance, depending on the enemy. If they're annoying the shit out of me, then I go kamikaze and do the whole "Get close and shoot with a shotgun"

also, hey Cygan! --throws image at you--

• The shotgun is a mid-to-close quarters weapon, though you need to upgrade it a little to make it as effective at mid as it is at close.

Shut up anyone who would disagree. I'm a Vanguard, bitch. Throw, Lift, BLAM, Adrenaline Rush, rinse and repeat, game over.

• Assault rifles are the way to go, as in most shooters.

• Except Halo, not once has that pea shooter ever done anything for me. Instead, I go for the Battle Rifle which is basically what the Assault Rifle was supposed to be in other FPS games.

Just turn and run if any enemies get close. Then turn and shoot.

My sniper is powerful enough to one-shot most things c:

> image

best image

• edited 2012-01-16 17:59:44

^^^ Yup.

Knew you'd like it. :D

now, i must sleep the nap of the just

• The Soldier is horribly broken in both Mass Effect games. In ME1, you get an ability that makes you functionally invincible, and another that turns your AR into a fully-automatic sniper rifle.

ME2 is even worse. Vanilla Soldier and Heightened Adrenaline Rush are broken enough, but if you download the Mattock you get what is essentially a semi-automatic, slightly-less powerful version of the Widow, and the Widow itself, which, when coupled with Heightened Adrenaline Rush (or just the regular version), turns Insanity into a complete joke.

Soldier doesn't have biotics, though, so it's not the best class. QED.

• Ignoring the glory of Warp Ammo/the other squad powers you choose from, Biotics can be more of a help than a hindrance on higher difficulties, especially if you're playing a class that isn't Adept. Everyone has shields or armour that needs to be stripped down first, so the only thing that's really effective is Warp (Shockwave is good for breathing room and some crowd control, especially on the derelict Reaper) but that's pretty much it. And the Vanguard's Heavy Charge.

• edited 2012-01-16 18:29:44
    Has friends besides tanks now

Whenever I play anything that involves shooting (which is rarely), I try to avoid close encounters. The reason Borderlands was the only shooter I've ever been good at is that sniping was actually a viable style to play through the game with. And even in Skyrim, I'm playing a sneaky archer.

• In Skyrim I charged up to my enemies and clove them vertically in two.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I may have to start watching Adventure Time.

Just finished season 5 of Lost.

man

so good

You know, I think I'll make a big post or a thread or something when it's through to sum up my thoughts.

The Incident is full of fuck yeah.

• edited 2012-01-16 20:35:04
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Plus, it's got the best cliffhanger of any of the finales, IMO. Apart from maybe season 3.