If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Street gangs will be romanticized for the same reason the mob and yakuza and sith lords will be romaticized. Because they seem powerful and have something of community and belonging to them.
  • So next weekend, me and some buddies are having a "Time Travel Movie Marathon" and are looking for movies about time travel.

So far we have; 

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel
    The Time Traveler's Wife
    Back to the Future Part 2

You guys got any other suggestions?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Street gangs will be romanticized for the same reason the mob and yakuza and sith lords will be romaticized. Because they seem powerful and have something of community and belonging to them."

Well, of course. And it'll always bug me that people overvalue those qualities in these groups.
    I think every human being in the world wants to be powerful.

The question is what kind of power do you want?

^^Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Star Trek IV
  • edited 2012-01-08 20:34:46
    Has friends besides tanks now
    The power in this case should be self-evident; gangs don't possess the type of power that people should want to possess. And I don't see the value in a community that promotes stepping on other people for one's own gain, or "power", as it may be, hence my use of the plural "qualities".
    Oh I completely agree. They're both the wrong elements of power and community to aspire for. It's a glorification of violence, hatred, and unhealthy conflict.  Maybe instead of reacting violently to social injustice people should work to address and alleviate the issues that are happening to build a better society locally at least.

Yeah. That'll catch on.

On a side note is facebook being fucktarded for anyone else?
  • edited 2012-01-08 21:09:46

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3457999&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

(scroll to about the middle of the page)

People surprise me sometimes. You see a bunch of mind-boggling stupidity and disheartening acts, and then....

• You can change. You can.
    On a side note is facebook being fucktarded for anyone else?

Has it been anything else in its existence?
  • edited 2012-01-08 22:54:45
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^^^^ Hot Tub Time Machine. If it's good, then it's good. If it's bad, then you can laugh at how bad it is
    ^^I mean in an 'oh god the interface just read the King in Yellow' kind of way.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    netflix, y u look so shitty
  • edited 2012-01-09 02:33:44
    I become fond of posters too easily. It gets worse when they get banned and I'll be the only one saying anything positive about them.

On another note, they've finally released an easy-use version of this edge-editing tool for Blender (a 3D modeling program) and it's pretty cool.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'm still friends with Chagen

It's hard to run afowl of me :< If I was a mod, I'd be the one trying to find a reason not to ban the person
  • edited 2012-01-09 03:54:59
    Diet NEET
    @SA thread:

You sure you don't mean the next page?(I assume you're talking about the Hetalia cosplayers doing a Roman salute)
  • Champion of the Whales
    Oh wow, a racist anti immigration thinktank has called that Polish and Eastern European Workers have taken jobs from young Britons by using a correlation which is basically "The number of Immigrants has increased in 7 years and so has the number of youth unemployed therefore the two are related."

Except the fact that Youth Unemployment in the United Kingdom also includes people who are in full time education for some reason. >.>
  • edited 2012-01-09 09:56:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Clearly, the only reason they are in school is that they were unable to find jobs, which had already been taken by immigrants.
  • Champion of the Whales
    I know you're being sarcastic but an important point is this.

more kids were going into tertiary full time education BEFORE the immigrants stole our jerbz. So in fact, there is a correlation but its the other way around
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Does mediafire require that you allow pop-ups in order for downloads to work?
  • @InsanityAddict: No. It was the last Fandom Secrets image. It's nice to see fandom unite people in a genuine relationship way rather than in a cultish way.

I must say though that it's probably telling that I merely thought of the Hetalia photoshoot as "Oh, it's crazy anime fans again". Not to say that it isn't totally awful, but I've seen so much madness that I can't say it's unexpected.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Shaved today. It took my mom two hours to notice, and even then, she only noticed because my dad and I were laughing about it, and when she asked what was so funny, I pointed it out.

• You can change. You can.

oh nooooooooooo

how are you supposed to attract the girls without your manly stubble

That feel when will you're driving around the county looking for work and then you're stuck at a community college because of a flat tire and you feel bad for costing your father money when you don't have a job and you tell yourself it's not your fault and stop being hard on yourself and that only makes you feel worse and it becomes retardedly cyclic loop of self-flagellation.
  • edited 2012-01-09 16:06:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Speaking of looking for jobs, I just went through the small businesses in my neighborhood asking about work. Nowhere was hiring for a permanent position, but the florist was hiring people to deliver flowers on Valentine's day. Gave them my contact info.

• edited 2012-01-09 16:08:03

>start watching Bakemonogatari
    >wonder what the hell is going on
    >Shinbo
    ohrightnvmlol 

• http://www.cracked.com/article_15677_the-9-most-racist-disney-characters.html

"The opening musical sequence from the hugely popular 1992 animated film had to be edited due to protest from Arab-American groups for saying about the Middle East what most of us were merely thinking."

The utter lack of self-awareness is baffling.

• Champion of the Whales

good night

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Troll Hunter: easily the third best movie featuring trolls that I've ever seen.
  • edited 2012-01-09 22:04:03
    Diet NEET

12 hours, little sleep, 3000 words to go.

Still, Deleuzian vs. Freudian interpretation of Evangelion works wonders.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I missed the event to turn snow crystals into gifts in Rusty Hearts.

Oh well.

• Finished Bakemonogatari.

Slightly sad that Nadeko only got two episodes while Tsubasa got like five.

At least Nadeko still had the best OP. 

In other news, holy crap I'm actually bored of being on vacation, I think.  Not that I want to go back to school either since being stressed out and bored is worse than just being bored.