If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• It's a visual pun!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ohai Counterclock.
  • You can change. You can.
    Worst kind of pun.

Well, technically, puns are the worst kind of puns, so.
  • edited 2011-12-23 12:10:46

^^^,^^ Anyway, how's your sex life?

Aside: People often say that a TV series or video game gets better when you're not enjoying the beginning of it. To that, I bring up the Pokemon Regigigas. Sure, after 5 turns, it gets super strong, but in those five turns, you've already lost a chunk of HP, may have been crippled by a status effect, or let your opponent set up a whole pack of stat boosts. In other words, sometimes, it's too little too late.

?
    I don't follow, either.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "Ohai Mark" and "Anyway, how's your sex life" are quotes from The Room.
    I meant the edited the post.
  • edited 2011-12-23 12:38:43

Regigigas has an astronomically high Attack stat, but an ability that slashes it to near worthlessness until it stays in play for 5 turns (and the counter resets when switched out). In Pokemon, you usually don't have 5 turns to wait because of all the things your opponent can do in that time.

In relation to series that start out lousy and supposedly improve later on, by the time I get to the good part, I could have had a better experience watching something with more consistency.

In retrospect, that probably isn't a good analogy.

• edited 2011-12-23 12:48:28
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Whee. Reached the point in my FFX run where certain abilities can one-shot anyone not called Auron, due to a lack of levelling.
  • edited 2011-12-23 15:28:06
    No rainbow star
    I once ev trained a charmander and evolved it into a Charizard before I even faced Brock :D

Was just reminded of this
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I forgot how good an episode Through The Looking Glass was.

charlie ;_;
    man, you're making me want to rewatch lost.

At least, from season 4

Season 4 is the best season I've ever had the pleasure of watching. 
    Season 4 was pretty Great.

I think I've been enjoying it a lot more the second time through. Maybe it's just because I'm older and can actually appreciate it better, but I dunno.

Also that scene totally made me cry. :V
  • No rainbow star
    Which game has the more expansive world and is more sandbox like? Fallout 3 or Skyrim?
    They're both sandboxes.

Do you prefer guns and mutants or swords and dragons?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I mean which is sandboxier. I like both things, but I like the freedom to do whatever the most
    I... guess Skyrim? They're both big game-worlds full of stuff to do.

New Vegas is better than FO3 though.
    Charlie's death didn't get to me as hard as...well, everything about Locke.

Maaaaaaaaaan, Locke. 

He's probably one of my favorite fictional characters.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What is Cryscon?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Game I've been working on
  • No rainbow star
    Bleh. My dad is an idiot

Tried to explain SOPA. I ended with, "A lot of people are pissed about it". He said, "Mostly people who pirate"

...For the love of... It's like he doesn't believe big business would use this to censor people. I even talked about the whole companies who support SOPA being the ones who distributed the piracy software in the first place. That right there should tell even the densest person that there is something screwy!

>.< For fucks sake...
  • edited 2011-12-23 17:39:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Explain to him that if even one person posts a copyrighted song on say, Youtube, a site which definitely isn't primarily for pirating, the entire site gets taken down.
  • No rainbow star
    And his response was, "I don't go on YouTube, I don't care. In fact, I wish it WAS taken down"

...I suddenly connect with Chagen on a level that I didn't think was possible
    -_-
  • No rainbow star
    >.> Guess I should have expected that though. He seems to think trickle down works, the rich should be taxed as little as possible, and that anybody who is a liberal is an idiot
    Mention to him that SOPA would require whitehouse.gov to be shut down. Which it would, since someone linked to a copyrighted image in the petition to get Obama to veto it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ We're Canadian so he wouldn't care about that

Thinking about it, I remember him mentioning before that he wished the whole internet shut down =/
    Ah...

-_-