If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I feel like my head's gonna explode

as usual, i blame you all
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Well done, guy. Well done. \m/
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So I guess it's going to cost 20 bucks for a 4 gig memory card for the Vita.  That's not too bad, I guess.

Blarg, I dunno if I want a 3DS or a Vita.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm not a fan of the fact that the Vita doesn't come with a memory card, especially given the price and the fact that you literally can't even run games on it without one.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I just got done with a long ass session of Fallout 3. I have one thing to say.

FUCK MOTHERSHIP ZETA!
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    "Oh man Grant Morrison finally started Batman Inc. again. The ending issue was pretty rough but I'm sure this will be diff-"

>Villains are a group of straw feminists leading an all-girls finishing school and train the students to shoot for the crotch.

(sigh)
  • edited 2011-12-22 22:25:30
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I never played it.  I only ever went through the first three.

I should go back and play it again...
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^It's long, tedious, you can easily miss the chance to retrieve your stolen stuff, and you'll be so sick of aliens that by the end all the cool weapons they drop won't be worth it.
  • No rainbow star
    Bleh. I want to expand my game collection but I have no idea what to buy...

So far on my list of games to buy I have all the halflife games (I have yet to play a SINGLE one), Portal 2 (with a friend to possibly play it with to boot), Skyrim, Reccetear (sp?), Braid, Arkham Asylum, that Binding of game that I can't recall the name of but is a top down view, Sonic and Knuckles, and a few others which I can't recall right now which means that they aren't that important to me

Which should I get first?
    Arkham Asylum

/predictabo
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You'll probably get the most hours out of Skyrim, if you really want your money's worth.

Also it's a damn good game.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Guys, aside from green screen and final cut pro, what else would I need to make a live action fighting series or a Tokusatsu?
  • edited 2011-12-22 22:53:27
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yeah, by pure time sink standards, Skyrim wins.

I used to judge game quality like that.

Then I got a Batman to the X-box.

^Wires, fight choreography, at the very least spandex for all your rangers, lots of rubber suits, cameras, lighting equipment.

Just off the top of my head and I'm only a student of film. I doubt it's even that simple.
  • edited 2011-12-22 22:57:35

Judging games by how time consuming they are is silly.

Out of Ica's list, Half-Life 2 seems like it should be highest priority.  It's an extremely good game, probably really cheap by now, and how the hell have you not played it yet?

Judging by time is helpful if you don't have much money to spend, and you want to get the most time out of your money.

It shouldn't be the only thing, but it is a valid thing to consider.

Also Half Life 2 is fucking awesome.
  • No rainbow star
    Heck, I haven't even played the first Halflife
  • edited 2011-12-22 23:09:38
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The second's even better, and you don't really have to have played the first to play it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I haven't played either Half-Life game.

or either Mass Effect game.

or Bioshock.  or Crysis.  or Portal.  or Spore.  or Call of Duty.  or Gears of War.  or God of War.  or I Wanna Be The Guy.
    you poor bastard
    or Spore
    TBH, I kinda wish I could say this one.
  • No rainbow star
    Glenn: Out of that list, I've only played Portal, a small bit of IWBTG, and a demo of the Creature Creator for Spore
  • a little muffled
    Eh, I played Half-Life for the first time in...July? And Half-Life 2 in October. So, not too long ago I'd have been in the same boat. (I still haven't played Episode Two.)

The first one has a certain charm to it owing to its dated graphics and somewhat incoherent plot, but the second one is for certain a better game. They're both great though.
    BTW, have you guys seen that Nintendo released the Zelda timeline?

Turns out, the theory that there's a two-way split at the end of OOT, despite holding up pretty well, was wrong. It's a three-way split.
  • edited 2011-12-23 00:33:00
    No rainbow star
    ^ WHERE IS THIS!?

Also a three way split seems like the perfect way to fix various problems in the time line
  • INUH, actually EVERYONE who loves Zelda, watch the beginning of this video:

FUNNY AS HELL XD
  • edited 2011-12-23 00:35:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's all they're talking about in the Zelda threads on TVT.

Anyway, the third timeline is "you get a game over on the final boss in OOT."

^-_-
    link plz.

and from a reliable source, natch.
  • I... still think it's silly to worry about things like that.  The games are all pretty stand-alone, as they kind of have to be.  Worrying about the timeline sounds too... meta I guess.  But I suppose it's just personal opinion or something, since I know there are people who like to pay attention to, say, details of a story's setting whereas I... don't.  So it's like that?

So... this post is totally pointless.  Carry on.

^Funnily enough, I only thought about the timeline in the first place when I heard someone talking about how fans spend too much time worrying about it.

-shrugs-