If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    A bit late, but feel better, Everman. And be seeing you.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Even later, but yeah hope you feel better soon mate!
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Before I'm gone for the vacation, I have a question, though; is Christmas Eve the wrong time to ask my mom if I can see a psychiatrist? I really would like my parents off my back about everything for a while, and I'm still in a bad enough mood that I don't feel bad deflecting at least some of my negative feelings towards someone else, but this is supposed to be a happy time for people.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It's an inopportune time, but I think your mental state is more important than this. For best results, keep it calm and low. Perhaps tell her that you don't want it to impact Christmas, but you felt as though you had to make it known.
  • edited 2011-12-24 10:47:20
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I just feel like it would be weird for me to drop the bomb after Christmas, since that holds the implication that I was just holding it in even longer. But I can see how it would be insensitive of me to tell my mom that her only son needs help at Christmas time; I'm just not sure how much I care. Plus, it would give me an excuse not to see my stepfamily, who I don't really care to see right now.
  • edited 2011-12-24 10:51:27
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Don't put it as though you need help right now because chances are you won't get an appointment for a week or so anyway. Saying your bit now could buy you some personal space and frame your issues a bit better.

Small steps.

Shit, I haven't even had the courage to make everything known to my own father yet.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Thanks.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Best wishes, Everbro. Hope you feel better. :(
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    :(

Hope things improve for you, Everest.
  • Actually, suicide rates tend to rise during Christmas, so that is actually quite natural. NOT that I'm suggesting what you may think I'm suggesting, just saying it's natural to seek help around this time, so no worries about looking weird about it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The holiday season is a time of increased social stress, typically.  As much as people talk about relaxing, there's a lot of gift-giving, hosting and visiting, and get-togethers, and people can get pretty stressed out about that.

@Everest: I think the most important bit about asking your mom about that is to have an idea of how she'll respond, and how you'll respond to her response.  Such as whether she'll be open-minded about it, or whether she'll have pre-suppositions about it.  As well as how much she knows about your situation or what's stressing you out, and how you'll explain why you want to see a shrink.

You should also take into account whether she's stressed or has the time to talk to you about the issue.
  • Feel better, Everest. Hope to have you back soon all better.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Good luck, Everest. I hope things work out for you.
  • Here's hoping things work out Everest.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Sorry about seeing you that way,Everest.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Good luck, Everest.

Hi, guys. How is everyone?
  • No rainbow star
    I saw what looked like a saint that had formed from bubbles and sauce that was washed out of dishes

...Is... Is God telling me to drown people in wasted sauce?
  • edited 2011-12-24 18:06:43

Somehow, a Powerpuff Girls/Vocaloid crossover seems like a really strange way to celebrate PPG's Japanese 10th anniversary.  At the same time though... that picture is really cute and I can't wait to see what kind of merchandise is produced for this >.>

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, Powerpuff Girls.

On the other, Vocaloid.
  • You can change. You can.
    bluh, i'll keep my original PPG >:|
  • Depends, is this official? I wouldn't know, I'm pretty out of the loop these days.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    It has the Cartoon Network logo on it.
  • Yeah, pretty sure this is official.
    I am immensely amused by the PPG vocaloid.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Today, my family has learned a valuable lesson: Don't order 6 boxes of pizza unless you're completely sure that the people you ordered them for are going to show up. 
    (Sigh) Christmas has always been a depressing affair these past few years.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I saw that PPG/Vocaloid picture on Danbooru. I had no idea that it's official, though. Considering that I don't care about PPG, I can't say that I care a lot about this picture, but I do find it kind of amusing. However, something about it looks off somehow...
  • edited 2011-12-24 20:19:28
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    IJBM: My mom's attitude toward conversation. Put simply, she just can't stand it if someone who isn't her is talking.

We have guests over right now, and she keeps interrupting people in the middle of their sentences to go off on lengthy, unrelated tangents. Just while I've been down there, she has done this at least fifteen times. Yes, I started counting.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I'm starting to think that "pre-assessment" doesn't mean what I think it does...