If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ D: But I like my head!
  • Battle of the Bands between the town's frats ended with the most-money-frat winning, although the mostly played snoozy ballad crowd songs. Also, got radio interviewed for all of two seconds. Not sure whether to subtract this from the Andy Warhol 15.
  • They're somethin' else.
    /me Reads TVT's Absent People

Reads the flurry of shit that was banned idiots and paedophilia derail

I can never stop laughing.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ugh I think I screwed up my foot going down the stairs to do my dad's laundry.
  • Ouch, I hate it when I injure my foot/ankle. Walking becomes such a chore.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Y'know, I've been saying for months that I'm not really interested in The Old Republic, that I've been playing WoW for years and it doesn't seem different enough gameplay-wise to make me want to jump ship, but...

Honestly, I'm starting to get really tempted.
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:15:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I was in the early access. It's really good. And I don't even like MMOs.

The story's where the innovation is. Multiplayer Bioware conversations=awesome.
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:16:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's what's really making me want to play. I love Star Wars, I love Bioware.

From what you've seen, is the story stuff up to par with their other games?
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:16:47
    The Beta was really fun, I wish it were F2P so I could play it again...

And the story was very good. The Light Side Sith Inquisitor had a lot of potential for heart-warming stuff.
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:17:45
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Bearing in mind, I only got to level 16-ish at the most...I'd say...almost.

It has to be pretty structured in a lot of ways, even more than in most of their games, and they have to run everything by LucasArts, but I think they've done a pretty excellent job given those limitations.

^YES. I'm playing a lightside Sith warrior as my main (though I don't actually have a subscription, so I can't play him until I get one :<)
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Well, I've cancelled my WoW subscription, so I'm currently MMO-less.  I'll probably pick it up in April when I have a job again and don't have to worry about it bleeding me dry.

Sooner if I find another job or run out of patience.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Stupid Boston University, making me write a second essay."

Dude, same. In fact, I've put it off for a while, now. Maybe I'll write it tomorrow.
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:22:50
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've got the entire commonapp, as well as the rest of my supplements, done, plus I've got three letters of recommendation, so that's pretty much what's holding me back.

I'm also applying to Northeastern, NYU, and Emerson.
  • lol, that extra essay was why I didn't apply to BU. >.>

• I didn't finish my Harvard application because of an interview XD
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:35:38
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ I've already applied to Colby College and Northeastern, but I only had two rec letters for those, since my band teacher can't figure out the site the school's using to submit the information the guidance counselor has.

I'm probably going to apply to NYU as soon as I have that third letter.

EDIT: Fuck. Out of the places I'm applying, Boston's supplement is actually the easiest.

>NYU
    >multiple short answers

No.

>Kenyon
    >three 300-word essays

No.

>Bucknell
    >up to 200 on each of three parts of the same essay question
    >another 500-word essay

NO!
    After some rolling rock my foot hurts less.
    I found NYU's short answers to be way easier than BU's essay.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm still not looking forward to Kenyon and Bucknell, though.
    Man, all this talk of college makes me wish I had the grades to go into grad school... or the money to take classes to up my GPA...
  • What led to your low GPA anyway? Poor study habits? Tough courses? Biting off more than you can chew?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Agh, college...

At this point, I honestly don't want to go back at all. Not that my parents would allow that in a million years.
  • edited 2011-12-21 23:56:29
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    A poor work ethic combined with not taking advantage of the resources combined with it being a pretty tough college and high school not preparing me for that.

^You could always try to talk to them about how the economic advantage at this point is negligible. I mean I'm proof of that. >_<
  • I'm just enjoying my 4-week break before I have to go back.
    ^^I have. They respond with rants about how the kid I've told them I don't want will have to go to public school if I don't go to college -_-
  • Well, what kind of job are you looking for if you're not interested in post-secondary? In any case, from my experience, doing an undergraduate degree made me realize how incomplete my high school education was, so I'd say it's worth it for that reason alone. But there always seems to be a conflict of interest between people who think postsecondary education is meant to get jobs and people who think it's meant to, well, educate.
    I like the idea of taking it to actually educate, but...it's really expensive, you know?
  • You can change. You can.
    At this point, I honestly don't want to go back at all. Not that my parents would allow that in a million years.

That feel. I know it so well.
  • edited 2011-12-22 00:07:04
    I think that parents might be more convinced if you actually had a plan regarding what you would do without postsecondary education. But then again, I personally don't regret it, so my ability to relate is limited.
    I don't have a plan for what I'd do with postsecondary education either.